Watts Per Kilogram

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Bayko

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Bayko » March 22nd, 2005, 5:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Laupi+Mar 22 2005, 08:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Laupi @ Mar 22 2005, 08:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->..... or what is better for sex - penis length or diameter? Might sound bizarre at first - but think about it - its indeed comparable to the extend required. Its a matter of perspective in such respect. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Believe it or not Tom Green did a woman-on-the-street survey on this very topic (for MTV I think) including all ages up to what appeared to be elderly ladies. Those that answered him, and there were many, seemed to concur that girth was better than length.<br /><br />Not that the information helps me one little bit. <br /><br />Rick

[old] c2workout

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] c2workout » March 22nd, 2005, 11:37 pm

John, you brought up a good brain teaser with the watts per kilogram. With taking a boat into play with a simular type question, adding up the total average 2K wattage of the oarsmen and dividing that into the weigh of the boat + the total weight of the oarsmen. <br /><br />If the lwt women crew happen to have a larger power to weight ratio over a simular but hwy crew of women of simular height and talent. Would you expect the boat with the higher power to weight ratio to win? If so wouldn't it be nice if the shell manufactuers would list a drag factor of their shell design so you could see exactly what happens if you added a heavier person say 30 pound heavier but this person also produces 40 watts more on their 2K average wattage than another lighter person. <br /><br /> I know life is not that easy and you all will go on and on about all the other none engineering aspects, when comparing these types of things. But this could be possible another tool the coaches could have fun tracking and then set up there seat racing to see how that crew rows together. And I know if your going to do the seat racing approach anyway why bother with all the math.<br /><br />Anyway go for it as I seem to like to stir the pot too. All comments welcome.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Stephen