TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
rockenmama
500m Poster

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Post by rockenmama » March 2nd, 2013, 4:39 pm

TMike wrote:"On the rowed again" is RIGHT!

Being that this is March Madness I thought I would kick off the month with a new personal 5K record!
5,000m 19:15.8 1:55.5 ranked 2013
Nice job Mike! I too got a 5k PR yesterday however I hadn't planned on rowing 5k I had planned on a 30 minute row. I can't wait to be able to do interval workout so that I can HOPEFULLY break the 20 minute mark this year. BTW mine was 22:54 for 5009 meters not as nice as your pr but it made me smile

edited because I put wrong time and wrong distance
Last edited by rockenmama on March 2nd, 2013, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockenmama
500m Poster

Post by rockenmama » March 2nd, 2013, 4:44 pm

MMcCabe wrote:
damselfly wrote:Let the Mad Marchness begin!! And another big welcome shout-out to new rowing family members Grace and Meg McCabe, who I'm guessing are here to keep Michael honest about his numbers! :P Welcome aboard, ladies!!

Yes, my wife Meg and daughter Grace (12 years old) have decided to join in for the challenge (and hopefully beyond).

I started rowing at the end of January, 5 days a week in my company's fitness room. Quickly became an obsession.

When the snow blower broke during the blizzard a few weeks back, we found money in the budget for a replacement. However, I went online and bought a model D instead. :D So now I can row whenever I get the urge!
Very cool! My 11 year old twins and husband like to get on the rower as well. I'm sure you will get ALOT more use out of the Erg then the snow blower!

Kyle J
500m Poster

Post by Kyle J » March 2nd, 2013, 5:09 pm

MMcCabe wrote:
damselfly wrote:Let the Mad Marchness begin!! And another big welcome shout-out to new rowing family members Grace and Meg McCabe, who I'm guessing are here to keep Michael honest about his numbers! :P Welcome aboard, ladies!!

Yes, my wife Meg and daughter Grace (12 years old) have decided to join in for the challenge (and hopefully beyond).

I started rowing at the end of January, 5 days a week in my company's fitness room. Quickly became an obsession.

When the snow blower broke during the blizzard a few weeks back, we found money in the budget for a replacement. However, I went online and bought a model D instead. :D So now I can row whenever I get the urge!
Thats funny...I funded my erg purchase with the sale of this bad boy:
w4 c2 pic.jpg
If it would start I'd plow the driveway. Of course the opposite is true, if it wouldn't start I didn't plow too much. Or sometimes I'd plow some of the driveway and it would stall and not restart. Then I'd have to start swinging wrenches to get it going again. Bloody knuckles aren't nearly as painful when your hands are frozen. People would say "thats a nice old tractor"...I'd say..."Yeah" My knuckles have healed up, my blood preasure is great, I've never been happier since I traded it in for a model D.

Welcome to all the new members and its great to read about folks achievements around here.

Izz and Lisa, you are over worked and under paid! Thank You!
I'm from Vermont...I'll do what I want

MMcCabe
Paddler

Post by MMcCabe » March 2nd, 2013, 6:30 pm

Kyle J wrote:
MMcCabe wrote:

Thats funny...I funded my erg purchase with the sale of this bad boy:
w4 c2 pic.jpg
If it would start I'd plow the driveway. Of course the opposite is true, if it wouldn't start I didn't plow too much. Or sometimes I'd plow some of the driveway and it would stall and not restart. Then I'd have to start swinging wrenches to get it going again. Bloody knuckles aren't nearly as painful when your hands are frozen. People would say "thats a nice old tractor"...I'd say..."Yeah" My knuckles have healed up, my blood preasure is great, I've never been happier since I traded it in for a model D.

Welcome to all the new members and its great to read about folks achievements around here.

Izz and Lisa, you are over worked and under paid! Thank You!
That is an awesome tractor! But with your meter count, clearly you have made much better use of the erg. I aspire to reach that level next year.

BTW, I agree. Izz and Lisa deserve a raise!

MMcCabe
Paddler

Post by MMcCabe » March 2nd, 2013, 6:41 pm

rockenmama wrote: Very cool! My 11 year old twins and husband like to get on the rower as well. I'm sure you will get ALOT more use out of the Erg then the snow blower!
Yeah, it's nice trying to get fit as a family. And I hope I won't miss the snow blower. But at least I'll be a whole lot stronger next time I shovel out the manual way! :wink:

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » March 2nd, 2013, 8:20 pm

Well, with the group's approval I raise Izz's and my salary by a bazillion times, to ZERO! :lol: :lol:
MMcCabe wrote: Yeah, it's nice trying to get fit as a family. And I hope I won't miss the snow blower. But at least I'll be a whole lot stronger next time I shovel out the manual way! :wink:
Don't worry, with global warming you wouldn't need it much longer anyway. ;) It was 87 here today. Crazy.
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

The Blacksmith
2k Poster

Post by The Blacksmith » March 2nd, 2013, 8:33 pm

I think a bazillion is a bit too generous. It's 20 % or nothing! Oh,wait-that's what you get now. :?

TMike
500m Poster

Post by TMike » March 2nd, 2013, 11:26 pm

rockenmama wrote: Nice job Mike! I too got a 5k PR yesterday however I hadn't planned on rowing 5k I had planned on a 30 minute row. I can't wait to be able to do interval workout so that I can HOPEFULLY break the 20 minute mark this year. BTW mine was 22:54 for 5009 meters not as nice as your pr but it made me smile

edited because I put wrong time and wrong distance
Hark...Hark...what do I hear? Is that the land-o-sub-twenty calling your name? --- Come on down, the weather is great down here!! You'll catch me pretty quick I seem to have hit a plateau. The record attempt today was a full out assault on the 5K, I gave it all I had. It wasn't much of an improvement over my last 5K record. I'm hoping that a month of March Madness will take me out of my slump. --- My last 10K record was 12/16/2012. I'll blame it on the weather. After all I did get some temporary frost bite damage to the tops of my ears in Denver during a minus 4 degree row. :lol:
"I'm gonna walk out of here a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!" - Dewey Oxburger

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » March 3rd, 2013, 12:51 pm

Well, it's a darned good thing we have a magic, expandable boat, because it's my pleasure for the third straight day to welcome another new team member!! Put your oars together to cheer the addition of David Repinski to the team! Welcome, David! Pop on in to the team room and introduce yourself if you get the chance. And meanwhile, a outstanding 18 of 71 members (25%) logged 188,896 total meters Saturday!

Milestones achieved:
Raymond returned to tackle 75K, and Grace took no time beating 15K!!

Approaching milestones:
Kyle is leading the way to 4.2M (-35,000m), Adam is a couple rows from 2.3M (-16,020m), Kevin is on target for 1.1M (-26,956m), Mike is closing on 700K (-33,397m), Brent and Pamela are double-sculling for 600K (-18,502m and -20,695m), Michael is pulling for 400K (-7,270m), Mark is sighting 250K (-17,136m), Grace is nearing 25K (-7,956m), and Meg and David are working towards 15K (-3,849m and -10,000m). Row strong, team!

This week's frequent rowers (Sat 2/23 through Fri 3/1):
Adam M, Jim C, Kevin K, Mark E & Michael M - 6
Gary G, John S, Kyle J & Matthew R - 4

Posted Meters:
Raymond W - 40,655 Welcome back! (meters since November!)
Kyle J - 17,000 Into the round numbers again!

Michael M - 16,039 Unstoppable!
Mark E - 13,622 In the rhythm!
Matthew R - 11,500 Solid!
Jeff T - 11,008 Two-fer!!
John S - 10,054 Two tens(e)!
Dale C - 10,034 Strong!
Pamela H - 10,022 First team 10k!
Brent C - 10,000 Back after a short break!
Adam M - 8,000 Eights are great!
Mark S - 5,097 Hopping on the madness express!
Meg M - 5,018 Solid!
Lisa H - 5,016 Catching up on my Sons of Anarchy!
David R - 5,000 Welcome aboard!
Mike M - 5,000 Traveling madness!
Kevin K - 3,013 Looking good!
Grace M - 2,818 Sweet!

-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

rockenmama
500m Poster

Post by rockenmama » March 3rd, 2013, 2:20 pm

TMike wrote:
Hark...Hark...what do I hear? Is that the land-o-sub-twenty calling your name? --- Come on down, the weather is great down here!! You'll catch me pretty quick I seem to have hit a plateau. The record attempt today was a full out assault on the 5K, I gave it all I had. It wasn't much of an improvement over my last 5K record. I'm hoping that a month of March Madness will take me out of my slump. --- My last 10K record was 12/16/2012. I'll blame it on the weather. After all I did get some temporary frost bite damage to the tops of my ears in Denver during a minus 4 degree row. :lol:

I sure hope so! I can't do any interval work or really push super hard until I get my surgeons approval which I hope to get on the 13th. I ended up with a 10k Pr today of 47:02.0 I'm hoping to get to sub 45 this year though I'm sure it's going to take work!

WOW- 4 degree row? DAMN impressive! Hope the ears are healed and I'm sure your plateau is just temporary and you'll be kicking your 10k's PR soon!
Last edited by rockenmama on March 3rd, 2013, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockenmama
500m Poster

Post by rockenmama » March 3rd, 2013, 2:25 pm

Welcome to the team David!

NICE job everyone! Some good rowing

TMike
500m Poster

Post by TMike » March 3rd, 2013, 9:56 pm

rockenmama wrote:
TMike wrote:
I sure hope so! I can't do any interval work or really push super hard until I get my surgeons approval which I hope to get on the 13th. I ended up with a 10k Pr today of 47:02.0 I'm hoping to get to sub 45 this year though I'm sure it's going to take work!

WOW- 4 degree row? DAMN impressive! Hope the ears are healed and I'm sure your plateau is just temporary and you'll be kicking your 10k's PR soon!
Smokin!!! I see a 10K 2:15 split in your future. :D
"I'm gonna walk out of here a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!" - Dewey Oxburger

cindyreck
Paddler

Post by cindyreck » March 4th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Welcome, new teammates!!! I'm an infrequent poster here, but I do check in every now and then to see what's going on in the virtual rowing world.

I kind of slipped off the rower a bit last week (sick kid, broken furnace), but I'm hoping to be back in a strong way this week. I'm shooting for 1M meters for the season and I've got some distance to go.

I suspect that Campbell (my 9yo daughter) will get back on the rower next week. She ended up qualifying for the district meet (swimming) and extending her season by two weeks, but we'll be done with that on Sunday.

I am desperately awaiting the arrival of spring here in NE PA. It looks like temps in the mid-40's coming our way, so I'm getting more excited each day! Soon, we'll be starting seeds indoors. I CANNOT wait to see things growing again. :D
Lisa, you are so lucky to have that frequent sunshine. B)

Carry on...
Cindy

rockenmama
500m Poster

Post by rockenmama » March 4th, 2013, 2:18 pm

TMike wrote:
rockenmama wrote:
TMike wrote:

Smokin!!! I see a 10K 2:15 split in your future. :D
Thanks! I have a feeling if this March Madness doesn't kill me that I'll see that 2:15 split 10k sooner than I expected

rockenmama
500m Poster

Post by rockenmama » March 4th, 2013, 2:20 pm

cindyreck wrote:Welcome, new teammates!!! I'm an infrequent poster here, but I do check in every now and then to see what's going on in the virtual rowing world.

I kind of slipped off the rower a bit last week (sick kid, broken furnace), but I'm hoping to be back in a strong way this week. I'm shooting for 1M meters for the season and I've got some distance to go.

I suspect that Campbell (my 9yo daughter) will get back on the rower next week. She ended up qualifying for the district meet (swimming) and extending her season by two weeks, but we'll be done with that on Sunday.

I am desperately awaiting the arrival of spring here in NE PA. It looks like temps in the mid-40's coming our way, so I'm getting more excited each day! Soon, we'll be starting seeds indoors. I CANNOT wait to see things growing again. :D
Lisa, you are so lucky to have that frequent sunshine. B)

Carry on...
Cindy
Hi Cindy, Pam from NE PA as well. Congrats to your daughter on qualifying for the district meet! Like you I am desperately awaiting the arrival of spring!