TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Post by Izzzmeister » February 4th, 2013, 7:23 pm

damselfly wrote:
Izzzmeister wrote:
Quatroux wrote:In the meantime, I went to the website to sign up for next week's race, and... it talked about what a success the races were! ... Bummer!
D'oh!! :evil:
D'oh?
It wasn't a Homer - it was a Strikeout!

MMcCabe
Paddler

Post by MMcCabe » February 4th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Thanks for the welcome. You looked like a fun virtual group from reading the team page! I remember that skit from the old days... :lol:

Just got access to a C2 when my company opened a fitness room. Two weeks in and I feel in better shape already. Can only use it on weekdays, but 5 days a week isn't so bad.

Quatroux
6k Poster

Post by Quatroux » February 4th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Izz, I feel for you. That's a real downer. I assume this isn't your primary motivator for staying on the erg, but I know it has to be a disappointment. I can offer this to make you feel better: I always look forward to your posts. You'll always have that.

As for my junk, I am still at a point where I get improvement from the slightest thing. Those meters were less junk than I let on, but they still weren't the quality I see when I don't deviate from the WP.
-Andy
PaceBoat lurched ahead unforgivingly, mocking his efforts.

giftogab
Paddler

Post by giftogab » February 4th, 2013, 11:23 pm

I am unable to click through from rankings to team breakdown for some reason today. But I see that I am getting close to my lifetime breaking 10k and will do that late tomorrow night! :shock:
I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTIAN, SLEPT ON ITS GLACIER AND FELT ITS MAJESTY

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 5th, 2013, 1:28 am

giftogab wrote:I am unable to click through from rankings to team breakdown for some reason today. But I see that I am getting close to my lifetime breaking 10k and will do that late tomorrow night! :shock:
Awesome, Karen!! Row strong! B)
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

_Acorn_
Paddler

Post by _Acorn_ » February 5th, 2013, 2:46 am

damselfly wrote:Only if I can get gold boots like that guard captain!!!
Ha! Yeah! And one of those blingy gold necklaces and the miniskirt.

Thanks for the encouragement about starting a training program! I've never really gone balls out on a 2k to even figure out how fast I could go...until today! I cut almost 25 seconds off the fastest time I had pulled previously to finish in 8:00.7.
I know there's still a lot of room for improvement, but I really hadn't even hoped for that fast. As a lightweight, that time isn't even too shabby for my age group (granted I'm on the youngest margin if the 30-39)!
It was really exciting to push my limits - I bet lots of folks on the team that are just starting up rowing will be surprised with their results if they try a time trial! I know I was!

But next time I'll have to do a better job of sticking to 120 beats per minute - our official team pace. :lol: :P :D

_Acorn_
Paddler

Post by _Acorn_ » February 5th, 2013, 2:49 am

damselfly wrote:
giftogab wrote:I am unable to click through from rankings to team breakdown for some reason today. But I see that I am getting close to my lifetime breaking 10k and will do that late tomorrow night! :shock:
Awesome, Karen!! Row strong! B)
Ditto that! So exciting to see those initial meters rack up! I hope you're proud of your efforts!!!!

_Acorn_
Paddler

Post by _Acorn_ » February 5th, 2013, 2:54 am

MMcCabe wrote:Thanks for the welcome. You looked like a fun virtual group from reading the team page! I remember that skit from the old days... :lol:

Just got access to a C2 when my company opened a fitness room. Two weeks in and I feel in better shape already. Can only use it on weekdays, but 5 days a week isn't so bad.

Welcome to the boat!! Yeah, I think 5 days a week is purty darn good! We hope you enjoy the goofy camaraderie of this team! I joined just over a month ago, and have quite enjoyed having a community of rowers for positive reinforcement to stay active!

CONLEJM
2k Poster

Post by CONLEJM » February 5th, 2013, 8:26 am

_Acorn_ wrote:I bet lots of folks on the team that are just starting up rowing will be surprised with their results if they try a time trial! I know I was!
It is always a prime motivator for me to row time trials. I love making even the smallest improvement in speed. This year I have made tremendous improvements in speed, and in my overall general health. The rankings are a great motivating tool for me as well. And of course hearing all of the great progress made by the team via these message boards.

That said, December and January were a bust for me, as I have been plagued with some minor illnesses; February is shaping up to be another bad month, too as I have a bad cold :cry: . There's hope for March and April, though. I've been rowing "junk meters" the past few months, and I do miss rowing fast! :twisted:

My times so far this season:

My remaining goal is to finish in the top 100 for season's meters rowed; I think I am at # 94 so far.

I hope you all beat your goals! Great work Andy, and row strong David!

CONLEJM
2k Poster

Post by CONLEJM » February 5th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Incidentally, Kyle is up at # 62, and David is at # 11, for Total Season Meters Rowed. This is out of 33,500 active rowers this season! Unbelievable! :o

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 5th, 2013, 3:44 pm

CONLEJM wrote:Incidentally, Kyle is up at # 62, and David is at # 11, for Total Season Meters Rowed. This is out of 33,500 active rowers this season! Unbelievable! :o
Rock stars, all of ya's... Imagine where Izz would be if he didn't have to work! :lol:
-- Lisa

Quatroux
6k Poster

Post by Quatroux » February 5th, 2013, 4:17 pm

damselfly wrote:Imagine where Izz would be if he didn't have to work! :lol:
He'd burn himself up. I don't think he has a functioning regulator.
-Andy
PaceBoat lurched ahead unforgivingly, mocking his efforts.

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » February 5th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Quatroux wrote:
Yes, I do have a functioning regulator - my wife!

giftogab
Paddler

Post by giftogab » February 6th, 2013, 12:51 am

YIPPPPEEEEE! Broke my 10k lifetime. It may not seem like much but for me it is my first real milestone!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTIAN, SLEPT ON ITS GLACIER AND FELT ITS MAJESTY

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 6th, 2013, 1:32 am

Izzzmeister wrote:
Quatroux wrote:
Yes, I do have a functioning regulator - my wife!
I stand corrected. Imagine where Izz would be if he weren't married! :P
giftogab wrote:YIPPPPEEEEE! Broke my 10k lifetime. It may not seem like much but for me it is my first real milestone!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Way to go, Karen!!! B) B) B)
-- Lisa