TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Post by damselfly » February 3rd, 2013, 3:55 pm

OK, just ONE more... Cuz Danny A put up some awesome meters, bringing our challenge total to 10,155,654!! Way to row, Danny!!

Posted Meters:
Danny A - 87,109

-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

TMike
500m Poster

Post by TMike » February 3rd, 2013, 4:09 pm

oops, I dropped the ball last week --> But I picked it back up this week... :D

See y'all around...

TMike
"I'm gonna walk out of here a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!" - Dewey Oxburger

giftogab
Paddler

Post by giftogab » February 4th, 2013, 2:04 am

I am doing a kettle bell swing challenge this month and warming up and cooling down with erg. So my row meters will not grow as fast in Feb...but Tues and Thurs are no swing days and I look to o larger rows on those days. :D
I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTIAN, SLEPT ON ITS GLACIER AND FELT ITS MAJESTY

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 4th, 2013, 11:52 am

Good Monday Morning Campers!! Here's a little rowing humor to start your dreary week...

-- Lisa

_Acorn_
Paddler

Post by _Acorn_ » February 4th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Hey hey Timbutoo!
After a nice little break, I'm getting back on the erg today. I'm so inspired by those of you competing and training to improve your times! It was great to read your story of SWEAT Quatroux! Sounds like an AWESOME race!
There is a satellite CRASH-B regatta here in the NW too, up in Seattle, next week...that I just found out about today. Maybe next year? Definitely nice to have goals for the future.
I'm thinking about trying to get a little more serious about improving times, as well as hitting meter volume goals.

Good luck to all the Military Challenge folks!

Cheers,
Amanda

_Acorn_
Paddler

Post by _Acorn_ » February 4th, 2013, 3:41 pm

giftogab wrote:I am doing a kettle bell swing challenge this month and warming up and cooling down with erg. So my row meters will not grow as fast in Feb...but Tues and Thurs are no swing days and I look to o larger rows on those days. :D
Good for you! That seems like it will be a great upper body and core workout, which I'm sure will translate into rowing strength too. :D

brick1101
500m Poster

Post by brick1101 » February 4th, 2013, 4:50 pm

New Bubble Wrap Design!!!
I had a package delivered which used this new (to me) bubble wrap. There are not individual bubbles which will pop, but rather a series of connected bubbles which will give and take. What a glorious/cheap cushion for a sore butt on the Concept 2. I'm sold!!

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 4th, 2013, 5:38 pm

brick1101 wrote:New Bubble Wrap Design!!!
I had a package delivered which used this new (to me) bubble wrap. There are not individual bubbles which will pop, but rather a series of connected bubbles which will give and take. What a glorious/cheap cushion for a sore butt on the Concept 2. I'm sold!!
Ain't technology grand? :D
-- Lisa

Quatroux
6k Poster

Post by Quatroux » February 4th, 2013, 5:51 pm

_Acorn_ wrote:Definitely nice to have goals for the future.
Amanda-
Go for it! Goals and people are a good combination. We've got people right here on the forum so we just need you to plug in a goal or two. I'd recommend putting together a training plan and using the Concept2 challenges to keep you motivated until the big event.
-Andy
PaceBoat lurched ahead unforgivingly, mocking his efforts.

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » February 4th, 2013, 6:48 pm

In honor of our new Affiliation member Michael McCabe, I am posting this video to remind everybody of our Team Pace, and the importance of sticking together:
Last edited by Izzzmeister on February 4th, 2013, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatroux
6k Poster

Post by Quatroux » February 4th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Izzzmeister wrote:In honor of our new Affiliation member Michael McCabe, I am posting this video to remind everybody of our Team Pace, and the importance of sticking together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99kVAOrzDY
This also covers the official timbuktoo diet.
-Andy
PaceBoat lurched ahead unforgivingly, mocking his efforts.

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » February 4th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Quatroux wrote:I had a great time racing today. ...I set a new PR of 7:39.9. It was amazing...
Very impressive! Glad you were able to ignore your brain & lungs for those few minutes and push through!
The caffeine is supposed to improve performance between 0.5% - 1.0%, so probably about 3 seconds or so.
Those meters couldn't have been TOO junky, if you gained rather than lost fitness during those weeks. (Estimates for how much of the load is carried by the aerobic system during a 2K race range from 80-84%.) Sometimes I wish I could row "junk" meters, but I tend to always push myself once I get going.

In the meantime, I went to the website to sign up for next week's race, and... it talked about what a success the races were! For whatever reason, they broke their usual pattern of having the Cincinnati Indoor Rowing Championships the week before the CRASH-Bs, and ran them 2 week's before this year! I don't believe they sent me an e-mail this year to tell me where to sign up, or to give me a heads-up on the change! (I will scour my e-mailbox to see if I just missed it.)
To add insult to injury, the fellow who won in my age category did it in 6:53.6 (http://www.cjrc.us/2013-results.html), only :02s faster than the baseline time I did last week, so I most likely would've won, as I did 2 years ago... Bummer!

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 4th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Izzzmeister wrote:In honor of our new Affiliation member Michael McCabe, I am posting this video to remind everybody of our Team Pace, and the importance of sticking together:
Only if I can get gold boots like that guard captain!!!
-- Lisa

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » February 4th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Quatroux wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99kVAOrzDY
This also covers the official timbuktoo diet.
...except that we compassionately give 50% more time for lunch - a full 45 seconds!

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » February 4th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Izzzmeister wrote:
Quatroux wrote:In the meantime, I went to the website to sign up for next week's race, and... it talked about what a success the races were! ... Bummer!
D'oh!! :evil:
-- Lisa