TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
ronmardix
2k Poster

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Post by ronmardix » December 26th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Izzzmeister wrote:Dude, I don't even acknowledge 1 as a setting on the erg. I try to make sure that 1 STAYS the loneliest number.
Thank you Izzz and no worries. I am taking things ever so slowly. I learned the lesson of trying to return too quickly all too well. The damper setting of 1 was to allow me to recover, which is why I never logged my 500m rows on that setting and an extremely slow pace.

The 2:05 2k that I rowed yesterday - and that I actually logged - was at a damper setting of 3; I normally row at 5. Slow and steady for me now with alternate rest days for a little while.

cindyreck
Paddler

Post by cindyreck » December 26th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Thanks for agreeing to have Campbell, my daughter, on our team for the team challenge. So much for starting off slowly- she did something around 5300m today :o . Plus, she posted a time for the 500m event and put her time in the rankings. I can only imagine this being good cross training for her swimming. I like your idea of posting pics of competitive female athletes near our erg. I'm on it!

I've been reading pace stats from a few teammates. Fun to hear what people are doing on their ergs. I can row at a 2:06-2:07 pace for 10 minutes in repeat intervals. My 2000m pace is 2:03. Id love to see that under 2:00, BUT, my workouts are never longer than 30 minutes. I just dont have the foundation (distance training) to rock out an awesome 2k. Since I only have a short time for workouts, I have to make them intense! Someday, this training technique may catch up to me in the form of an injury, but for now, the biggest complaint I have is a sore butt!

-Cindy

CONLEJM
2k Poster

Post by CONLEJM » December 27th, 2012, 12:03 am

Will somebody please get all these Christmas cookies out of here! I can't stop eating them!!!! :o

cindyreck
Paddler

Post by cindyreck » December 27th, 2012, 12:22 am

CONLEJM wrote:Will somebody please get all these Christmas cookies out of here! I can't stop eating them!!!! :o
Um, yeah. And cherry pie, too. And donuts. :shock:

JonathanRyan
Paddler

Post by JonathanRyan » December 27th, 2012, 4:03 am

cindyreck wrote:Hi team,

Today, my daughter, age 9, asked me if she could start rowing. I figured to get her excited about it, I'd get her an account in the logbook. So, we signed her up and registered her with TimbukTOO. I don't know how long this enthusiasm will last. It's likely to be fleeting, but I try to encourage athletic/fitness endeavors, so... :roll: She did 2200m today before calling it a day. She might think it's cool to participate in the January team challenge. What would you think? It wouldn't be good for our meters per capita statistic, but could add a few more meters to our sum.

Row on,
Cindy
I'm pretty new here. But I wouldn't want to be in a team that said "nah, we don't want her - she'll hurt our stats".

And I'm certain this isn't a team that would ever say that.

Plus, not getting beaten by a 9 year old could be just the motivation I need in the cold months ;)

mathineer
500m Poster

Post by mathineer » December 27th, 2012, 9:28 am

I'm pretty new here. But I wouldn't want to be in a team that said "nah, we don't want her - she'll hurt our stats".
I wouldn't want to be on a team that would have me as a member. Oh, wait a minute...

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » December 27th, 2012, 12:11 pm

JonathanRyan wrote:Plus, not getting beaten by a 9 year old could be just the motivation I need in the cold months ;)
:lol: Good one!

Cindy, glad to have Campbell! And your times ROCK. I'm slow. Oh well. I can run uphill for a long time, does that count?
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

TMike
500m Poster

Post by TMike » December 27th, 2012, 8:02 pm

JonathanRyan wrote:
...Plus, not getting beaten by a 9 year old could be just the motivation I need in the cold months ;)

And I was hoping that maybe now i might have someone with a bit of courage willing to attempt breaking the Timbuktoo Polar Bear Club rowing record of 16 degrees F :shock: . If so, I say "bring it on, lets see what you've got!" --- Row at least 1K in 32 degree weather to be in the coveted Polar Bear Club, 15 degrees to break the club record.

So far I'm the only member...whose gonna be next??? :D :lol: :D

"I'm gonna walk out of here a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!" - Dewey Oxburger

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » December 27th, 2012, 8:54 pm

TMike wrote: And I was hoping that maybe now i might have someone with a bit of courage willing to attempt breaking the Timbuktoo Polar Bear Club rowing record of 16 degrees F :shock: . If so, I say "bring it on, lets see what you've got!" --- Row at least 1K in 32 degree weather to be in the coveted Polar Bear Club, 15 degrees to break the club record.

So far I'm the only member...whose gonna be next??? :D :lol: :D
Sorry man, it just doesn't get that cold here in sunny SoCal! (Now who's laughin'?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:)
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

TMike
500m Poster

Post by TMike » December 27th, 2012, 9:00 pm

damselfly wrote:
...Sorry man, it just doesn't get that cold here in sunny SoCal! (Now who's laughin'?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:)
Three words -- "WALK-IN-FREEZER", No excuses! :lol:
"I'm gonna walk out of here a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!" - Dewey Oxburger

Hummingbird
1k Poster

Post by Hummingbird » December 27th, 2012, 10:09 pm

damselfly wrote: Cindy, glad to have Campbell! And your times ROCK. I'm slow. Oh well. I can run uphill for a long time, does that count?
Kudos to the two of you. I can type really fast and read a 300 page novel in a couple of hours; do either of those count? Or do I have to do them while I'm rowing before I can crow about it?

Oh man, forget the cookies: I'm far too embarrassed to say how many boxes of chocolates my boxing day shopping spree landed me with. But, while 60% discount does not = 60% fewer calories, I have not eaten any of them. I doubt it's because I've suddenly become strong-willed; I think it's just that, seeing all those boxes, the biological imperative that causes one to stuff one's face is now satisfied that I won't starve this winter, QED I don't have to eat them.

I think I may need to get out more often. :lol:

Hummingbird
1k Poster

Post by Hummingbird » December 27th, 2012, 10:13 pm

TMike wrote:
damselfly wrote:
...Sorry man, it just doesn't get that cold here in sunny SoCal! (Now who's laughin'?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:)
Three words -- "WALK-IN-FREEZER", No excuses! :lol:

I suppose that satisfies the description of the C2 as an 'indoor rower'.

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » December 27th, 2012, 10:27 pm

A humongous welcome to young Campbell R, who’s already taking charge of her health! Thanks for joining TimbukTOO, Campbell! 12 of 61 members (20%) logged 100,549 total meters Wednesday!

Milestones achieved: TimbukTOO passed 35 million meters!
Approaching milestones: Andy advances on 1.8M (-6,823m), John quite near 1.1M (-6,100m), Kevin daily cuts the distance to 900K (-12,399m), Jamie a whisker from 600K (-60m)!

Team Holiday Challenge Earnings: $165.52

Posted Meters:
Yisroel H - 20,266 Tops!
Jim C - 20,000 Long!
Adam M - 10,000 Hard!
Andy I - 9,749 Rested!
Jamie B - 9,018 Solid!

Cindy R - 6,523 Regular!
Pat M - 6,379 Zoom!
John S - 5,567 Good!
Campbell R - 5,390 Yay!
Nancy W - 4,128 Back!
Kevin K - 3,015 New streak!
Ted P - 514 Regular!

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » December 27th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Wow, lot’s of sign-ups over the past 24 hours for Team TimbukTWO for the Virtual Team Challenge! We’re up to 39 going on 65!

From our year-long affiliation: Glenn Y, James Climer, Barbara Besal, Gary G, Tyrone P, Bruce Harris & Rob M!
From TimbukTWO: Guy Knox, Mary Hillman, Margaret Washington, Ally McManus, Ron Windauer & Cliff Romig!

Thanks for signing up, let’s amaze together!

JonathanRyan
Paddler

Post by JonathanRyan » December 28th, 2012, 6:00 am

TMike wrote:
JonathanRyan wrote:
...Plus, not getting beaten by a 9 year old could be just the motivation I need in the cold months ;)

And I was hoping that maybe now i might have someone with a bit of courage willing to attempt breaking the Timbuktoo Polar Bear Club rowing record of 16 degrees F :shock: . If so, I say "bring it on, lets see what you've got!" --- Row at least 1K in 32 degree weather to be in the coveted Polar Bear Club, 15 degrees to break the club record.
I'm pretty sure it was about -2 (28 degrees for you chaps in the colonies) in the rowing shed the other day. Stupidly I didn't save any proof.

I'll just have to wait for some cold weather - especially now I have some under armour cold gear to wear. Unfortunately we have coldish and very wet ATM.