LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Another Reindeer....it's Donner !

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2012, 11:39 am

Image It's Donder....Marie's reindeer!

There's always a lot of debate about whether or not this reindeer is named Donner or Donder....Clement Moore is the fellow who wrote "Twas The Night Before Christmas" - and there are claims that his original version calls for eight reindeer ...and this one is Donder. Donder apparently means Thunder in Dutch, and Donner means Thunder in German... so I guess that we could have just called this reindeer Thunder and been right. And in a bunny trail moment, gotta say that Clement Moore is different than Clayton Moore...aka The Lone Ranger...which reminds me...need a reindeer named Silverheels... :lol:
(This is how it all happens with bunny trails...)

Marie's sure to be organizing some reindeer basketball, getting everyone to join in the reindeer games....and we'll all be hearing the thunder of the hooves down the court...you go, girl !

Congratulations, Marie, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!
Last edited by Kona2 on November 28th, 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

One more reindeer ! It's Blitzen !!

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2012, 11:51 am

Image It's Blitzen ! Tim G's reindeer !

Like the flash that is Blitzen, Tim G has powered through some fast erg meters to get his reindeer Blitzen out of the stable and onto the flight training deck. According to claus.com, Blitzen is the electrically charged reindeer due to much lightning zapping during his youth in the Swiss Alps (go figure). This lightning rod capability helps when Santa has to fly through storms. Of course, in the reindeer games of football, Blitzen is one of the first to be chosen for the Santa team....

Congratulations, Tim G, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress thru 11.27.12

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2012, 12:30 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Day 7 or 8 of 33....

Hooboy! The Rowing Universe is really pulling the erg chain to earn the Concept2 donations!

Concept2 donation $$$ earned overall = $ 403.92 194,713,627 m rowed by the Rowing Universe so far!

Concept2 donation $$$ earned by our team = $ 20.03 2,994,705 m rowed by the team so far !

Milestones are keeping up with the clattering of reindeer hooves ... somehow that always happens during this Challenge! Can't help but get caught up in the seasonal reindeer spree....and as "they" say..."but wait, there's more!" Keep your eyes on the sky for more reindeer, and on the team number tally for a chance to celebrate a teammate's achievements! Everyone here knows just what it takes to get that extra bit of meters in for the day, and earn those Concept2 donations. Whew - tough work earning that first $2 ! Well done, everyone - we're making great progress!

Season meters as of 210/365 = 86,926,343 m

Total meters on the day = 458,565 m

Oars in space (participation) = 36 percent

MILESTONES... Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

3.9 MM bg
1.2 MM Jeff P
850 K Adam
650 K Peter G
250 K K2
200 K Nathan
100 K Chuck B
100 K Tony
50 K Mike G
50 K Ian

Thanks, everyone, for rowing with us -- and playing reindeer games!

Bobbie 528 m
Nataliya 2,500 m
Jim 2,978 m ... getting close to that Concept2 donation! Woot !
Harold 3,000 m
Marty 3,500 m
Image Marie 4,000 m $ 2
Zander 4,000 m
Fritz 4,600 m
Matt Fo 5,000 m
Pat S 5,000 m
Raoul 5,000 m
Jay R ImageImageImageImage m
Noelle 5,644 m
Karyn 6,229 m
Debbie V 6,254 m
Image Michelle 6,500 m $2.44
Image Rosi ImageImageImageImage m :D $2.04
Tony ImageImageImageImage m :D
Greg C 6,808 m
Kristine 7,000 m
Laurie 7,014 m
Jeff P 7,500 m
Image Jaybird 8,000 m $2
Peter G 8,000 m
K2 ImageImageImageImage m
Image Ronnie 9,800 m $3.21
Brian McC 10,000 m
Chip 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Rebecca 10,000 m - halfway to that reindeer !
Ross 10,056 m
Jane 10,260 m
Teresa 10,518 m .. you go, girl !
Dan W 10,727 m
Cathie 11,500 m
Image Mike G 12,179 m
Dennis 13,500 m
Stephen W 14,000 m
David A 14,656 m
Ted 15,000 m
Adam 15,012 m
Ian 16,387 m
ImageTim G 20,000 m $2
Dana 20,024 m
Nathan 24,825 m
bg 26,120 m .... wowzer...you are pulling some meters these days !
Chuck B 27,701 to bring his ytd total to ImageImageImageImageImageImage m :D

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kristine Strasburger » November 28th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Congratulations to Rosi, Jay, Marie and Tim; pounding out those reindeer meters! Way to row!
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

It's Starbuck the reindeer....

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Image It's Starbuck....bg's reindeer!

Starbuck's arrived to bring some merry spirit to the season! Maybe Starbuck is the reindeer that hands out all the great coffee samples and holiday treats at the Jingle Bell runs and walks...it could happen just that way... :D

Congratulations, bg, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Another Reindeer....it's Donner !

Post by bg » November 28th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image It's Donder....Marie's reindeer!

There's always a lot of debate about whether or not this reindeer is named Donner or Donder....Clement Moore is the fellow who wrote "Twas The Night Before Christmas" - and there are claims that his original version calls for eight reindeer ...and this one is Donder. Donder apparently means Thunder in Dutch, and Donner means Thunder in German... so I guess that we could have just called this reindeer Thunder and been right. And in a bunny trail moment, gotta say that Clement Moore is different than Clayton Moore...aka The Lone Ranger...which reminds me...need a reindeer named Silverheels... :lol:
(This is how it all happens with bunny trails...)

Marie's sure to be organizing some reindeer basketball, getting everyone to join in the reindeer games....and we'll all be hearing the thunder of the hooves down the court...you go, girl !

Congratulations, Marie, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!

omg...the lone ranger...a blast from the past...yes, i am a geezer...love those bunny trails...and congrats to all our ergers and reindeer :]

psu80
Paddler

Re: One more reindeer ! It's Blitzen !!

Post by psu80 » November 28th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image It's Blitzen ! Tim G's reindeer !

Like the flash that is Blitzen, Tim G has powered through some fast erg meters to get his reindeer Blitzen out of the stable and onto the flight training deck. According to claus.com, Blitzen is the electrically charged reindeer due to much lightning zapping during his youth in the Swiss Alps (go figure). This lightning rod capability helps when Santa has to fly through storms. Of course, in the reindeer games of football, Blitzen is one of the first to be chosen for the Santa team....

Congratulations, Tim G, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!

Thanks for all the kudos and support. That first 100k is tough. Blitzen is a great name for my reindeer. Congrats to everyone who were able to unlock the gate and release their reindeer and to everyone who are kicking at the gate, keep rowing, we are all "pulling" for you.

Tim G

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 11.26.12

Post by bg » November 28th, 2012, 3:48 pm

For those who can't row for any of several reasons right now - hang in there! It's frustrating not to be able to do what you might want to do, or not to be able to row what you did last year or last month. The team will still be here, and you're all still valued teammates. Right now, the focus is on the overall Rowing Community and being able to earn the Concept2 donation to help four different charitable avenues. We all know it's not just about raising the $$$ - it takes a lot of people power to help communities out, and there are many ways to contribute and bring awareness.[/size][/b][/color]
I am afraid I now fall into this category. I just got bacK from seeing my doctor. I injured my back this weekend and after rowing Sunday I was in enough pain to keep me awake most of the night. The Dr. said I shouldn't lift over 5 lbs for awhile and it would probably be wise not to row, at least for a while. I've got some pain meds and muscle relaxant and I'm going to be getting some pyschical therapy. You are right it is very FRUSTRATING :x
Congratulations to all who have been doing so well on this challange. I am with you all in spirit :D
Da Do Ron Ron[/quote]

oh no...sending lots of healing/healthy thoughts to you and baz and all the rowers who can't row right now....as someone who has had medical issues in the past, the support of this group and knowing that i was still valued member of this group helped me so much.......luna-tics really do rock....

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » November 28th, 2012, 4:33 pm

macbruce1 wrote: I am afraid I now fall into this category. I just got bacK from seeing my doctor. I injured my back this weekend and after rowing Sunday I was in enough pain to keep me awake most of the night. The Dr. said I shouldn't lift over 5 lbs for awhile and it would probably be wise not to row, at least for a while. I've got some pain meds and muscle relaxant and I'm going to be getting some pyschical therapy. You are right it is very FRUSTRATING :x
Congratulations to all who have been doing so well on this challange. I am with you all in spirit :D
Da Do Ron Ron
I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I hope to see you erging again soon, but NOT until your back is ready - you don't want to injure it worse.

David

P.S. As I know you are into history, and now that Thanksgiving has arrived in the US, starting the Holiday Challenge, I'll tell you some personal info. My last name is Alden - I'm a 12th generation American, being a direct descendant of John Alden.
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » November 28th, 2012, 4:44 pm

DavidA wrote:
macbruce1 wrote: I am afraid I now fall into this category. I just got bacK from seeing my doctor. I injured my back this weekend and after rowing Sunday I was in enough pain to keep me awake most of the night. The Dr. said I shouldn't lift over 5 lbs for awhile and it would probably be wise not to row, at least for a while. I've got some pain meds and muscle relaxant and I'm going to be getting some pyschical therapy. You are right it is very FRUSTRATING :x
Da Do Ron Ron
I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I hope to see you erging again soon, but NOT until your back is ready - you don't want to injure it worse.

David

P.S. As I know you are into history, and now that Thanksgiving has arrived in the US, starting the Holiday Challenge, I'll tell you some personal info. My last name is Alden - I'm a 12th generation American, being a direct descendant of John Alden.

Wowzer, David - that's pretty incredible. Great record-keeping in your family!

Image Also sorry to hear about your injury, Ron .... take it easy...I hear that Dasher and Comet are the lead reindeer on that sleigh, so healing thoughts....

danwho
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by danwho » November 28th, 2012, 8:35 pm

I also want to send healing wishes to Baz and Ron. Get well soon.

Unbelievable genealogy tracing, David and Ron. So David, it starts with the first person to step off the Mayflower onto Plymouth Rock, and the family has been rowing ever since... to the moon and back...

Congratulations to all the "sprung" reindeer. And Hi Ho Silverheels and away...

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » November 28th, 2012, 9:43 pm

macbruce1 wrote:
Kona2 wrote::D

For those who can't row for any of several reasons right now - hang in there! It's frustrating not to be able to do what you might want to do, or not to be able to row what you did last year or last month. The team will still be here, and you're all still valued teammates. Right now, the focus is on the overall Rowing Community and being able to earn the Concept2 donation to help four different charitable avenues. We all know it's not just about raising the $$$ - it takes a lot of people power to help communities out, and there are many ways to contribute and bring awareness

I am afraid I now fall into this category. I just got bacK from seeing my doctor. I injured my back this weekend and after rowing Sunday I was in enough pain to keep me awake most of the night. The Dr. said I shouldn't lift over 5 lbs for awhile and it would probably be wise not to row, at least for a while. I've got some pain meds and muscle relaxant and I'm going to be getting some pyschical therapy. You are right it is very FRUSTRATING :x
Da Do Ron Ron

Ron,

So sorry to hear about your injury (and those of our other teammates as well). Your health and well being is important to us. Listen to your doctor and don't push yourself to come back any sooner than you are ready. We are more than happy to have our cheerleaders supporting us from the sidelines! Take care!

Karyn

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Millionaire !!

Post by Kona2 » November 29th, 2012, 11:03 am

ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Just saw Blitzen (Tim G) zooming past the million meter mark for the season and he is pretty excited about it (as he should be)! Pretty sure he's yelling par-ty, par-ty! Congratulations, Tim G, on achieving a ONE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! Well done.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Silverheels flies by !

Post by Kona2 » November 29th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Image It's Silverheels! Jim's reindeer!

Hooyah! I know Jim's had to work extra hard this year to get his reindeer out of the stable...and that makes for an even better celebration ! Way to go after the goal, Jim ! :D

Congratulations, Jim, on earning the Concept2 donation and freeing up your reindeer!

psu80
Paddler

Re: He's A Meter Millionaire !!

Post by psu80 » November 29th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Just saw Blitzen (Tim G) zooming past the million meter mark for the season and he is pretty excited about it (as he should be)! Pretty sure he's yelling par-ty, par-ty! Congratulations, Tim G, on achieving a ONE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! Well done.
Thanks Kona2. After rowing 81 day in a row, I'm not sure how much par-tying is left in me. My next goal is to reach 10MM lifetime meters by the end of the year. I have to average 10,860 meters a day to achieve this goal. I have a feeling that making time to row will get much harder the closer we get to the holidays. We'll see.

Jim, congrats on getting Silverheels out of the coral and into the air.

Tim G