LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » June 26th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Drivetofast wrote:Wait for what Da Doo Ron Ron
It's that mysterious 15,300 m total that keeps repeating (thus we say "wait for it" because it's the same number, but we weren't any wiser about what it meant for awhile)....and now the mystery is somewhat resolved. Solving this mystery requires that we return to the time of Secretariat...and the running of the Triple Crown races. Originally, everyone thought that Secretariat only set track records in the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont Stakes. They had a meeting about Secretariat's Preakness time and with new technology, they found that he turned a time of 1:53 (his old time was 154 2/5 ). So he set track records in all 3 Triple crown races. Now when you look up Secretariat's times for all three races in the Triple Crown series you will see 15925 Kentucky Derby, 15300 PREAKNESS, and 22400 Belmont Stakes.

Thanks Richard T for providing a numeric mystery, and thanks for the insight you've provided into the Triple Crown races and how great a horse Secretariat truly was. I love this stuff !

And thank you thank you thank you Da Doo Ron Ron for giving me an opportunity to comment on a posting without having to do the stats!

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » June 26th, 2012, 5:53 pm

U got to love it :lol:

tomservo
Paddler

Post by tomservo » June 26th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! :)

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » June 27th, 2012, 3:09 am

macbruce1 wrote:
Drivetofast wrote:Wait for what Da Doo Ron Ron
I am glad to have the "mystery" solved. The "wait for it" is the classic phrase for the officers or noncoms leading a military formation. At least in the Civil War manual of arms there always a "prepatory command" and those who anticipate are told, "Wait for It!" Also while marching the final command sould be given when the left foot hits the gound and all the individual movements should be executed on the left foot. So if everyone does it right it looks really sharp.
An example of a prepatory command would be "Company, Right Shoulder Shift" and then the movement is made when the officer or noncom says "Arms".
Da Doo Ron Ron
love all the info i learn here,,,and a belated welcome and welcome back to folks....and with fires and tropical storms, hope everyone is safe out there.....

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » June 27th, 2012, 8:22 am

macbruce1 wrote:Image
He's a millionaire :!: CongratulationsJay :!:
WTG JAY

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » June 27th, 2012, 1:00 pm

woooooo hoooooo jerry and jay :]

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » June 27th, 2012, 7:20 pm

tomservo wrote:Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! :)
Welcome, and congratulations to all on recent milestones.

Cheers, BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » June 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm

TomO and I are coming up for a Tough Bloke Challenge this weekend, he’s just gone on three week’s vacation so he is pumped.

http://www.toughblokechallenge.com.au/

And I’ve just booked a guide for some mountaineering in New Zealand for January, going to climb Mt Aspiring and hone some ice-climbing skills, but unlikely to do Mt Cook this time around, TomO suggested I stay on and do Coast-to-Coast again, and that he’d be only too happy to help out. Now that is up there for thinking, it would mean another week off school for him... :wink:

Might also be looking at Denali sometime over the next 12-18 months, dependng on how it all progresses. Janet is keen (not to do Denali) but has always wanted to go to Alaska... Better to dream big, than not at all, I guess! :lol:

Otherwise a couple of days off the rower for rest, TomO will be pushing me on the challenge!! :o

Ps: And quote of the week goes to Janet - "Just as well money in the bank account isn't so important to me!" I'm seeing that as a green light... :lol:

Cheers, BBB
www.thelandy.com

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Few Days Erging: Team Progress Thru 6.25.12

Post by just27 » June 27th, 2012, 8:05 pm

macbruce1 wrote:
AJ 32,777 m Image :shock:
I share your shock, DDR-Ron. Both AJ and I row while watching movies/TV series, and he's been glued to both seasons of Downton Abbey. I can't get him to yield the erg; really! I think he's the last person on planet Earth to watch this show, except Kona2, and the disks are headed her way, soon.
Chris
Everything's Shiny. Not to fret.

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » June 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm

BAZzy wrote:TomO and I are coming up for a Tough Bloke Challenge this weekend, he’s just gone on three week’s vacation so he is pumped.

http://www.toughblokechallenge.com.au/

And I’ve just booked a guide for some mountaineering in New Zealand for January, going to climb Mt Aspiring and hone some ice-climbing skills, but unlikely to do Mt Cook this time around, TomO suggested I stay on and do Coast-to-Coast again, and that he’d be only too happy to help out. Now that is up there for thinking, it would mean another week off school for him... :wink:

Might also be looking at Denali sometime over the next 12-18 months, dependng on how it all progresses. Janet is keen (not to do Denali) but has always wanted to go to Alaska... Better to dream big, than not at all, I guess! :lol:

Otherwise a couple of days off the rower for rest, TomO will be pushing me on the challenge!! :o

Ps: And quote of the week goes to Janet - "Just as well money in the bank account isn't so important to me!" I'm seeing that as a green light... :lol:

Cheers, BBB
good luck and have fun to you and tomo this weekend and with all of your upcoming adventures.....btw chris, i haven't seen downtown abby either...i don't own a tv....

BAZzy
6k Poster

Re: All In A Few Days Erging: Team Progress Thru 6.25.12

Post by BAZzy » June 27th, 2012, 10:04 pm

just27 wrote:
macbruce1 wrote:
AJ 32,777 m Image :shock:
I share your shock, DDR-Ron. Both AJ and I row while watching movies/TV series, and he's been glued to both seasons of Downton Abbey. I can't get him to yield the erg; really! I think he's the last person on planet Earth to watch this show, except Kona2, and the disks are headed her way, soon.
Confession time: Janet, TomO, and I watch it also....Cheers, BBB
www.thelandy.com

Restless
1k Poster

Post by Restless » June 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm

macbruce1 wrote:Image
He's a millionaire :!: CongratulationsJay :!:
Huge congrats Jay for the 1 million!

Also welcome back to Gene, Lily, and Jerry (sorry if I missed anyone) :D

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Leaky Tiki
Paddler

Post by Leaky Tiki » June 29th, 2012, 1:46 am

One of the best things about being on the left coast is getting to watch the changing of the Member of the Day on the C2 website. Help me out, Ron, who is that strapping young man?

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » June 29th, 2012, 5:51 am

Woo Hoo!

Ron is rower of the day! B) :D
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » June 29th, 2012, 8:03 am

Leaky Tiki wrote:One of the best things about being on the left coast is getting to watch the changing of the Member of the Day on the C2 website. Help me out, Ron, who is that strapping young man?
And it's a FIRST EVER as we have a Luna-Tic member of the day AND a Luna-Tic weekly winner posted at the same time! Woohoo !!