LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

More mooners! Global marathon challenge....woot!

Post by Kona2 » May 1st, 2012, 3:13 pm

Image Ron (also a big THANKS for stats!)

Image Cathie

Image Brian

Well done, everyone!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

The Quest for a Billion Meters...

Post by Kona2 » May 1st, 2012, 3:29 pm

Really. I didn't know that it would work out this way...but it is SO cool. Just today I reiterated that sometimes we achieve goals that we didn't even know that we had. As the meters were being added up from the previous ten rowing seasons, the grand total was 634,152,476 m. Earlier, I proposed that we return to the moon...it fits our sense of adventure, and we have many new teammates who would like to go to the moon. And, beyond that, it's VERY obvious with all this mooning going on that we have moon fever. So get this:

634,152,476 m (current total) + 384,000,000 m (moon distance) = 1,018,152,476 m ... a billion meters

A return to the moon (with a victory orbit or two) gives us ONE billion team meters. What a quest ! What say you?! Are you game ?

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: The Quest for a Billion Meters...

Post by bg » May 1st, 2012, 3:33 pm

Kona2 wrote:Really. I didn't know that it would work out this way...but it is SO cool. Just today I reiterated that sometimes we achieve goals that we didn't even know that we had. As the meters were being added up from the previous ten rowing seasons, the grand total was 634,152,476 m. Earlier, I proposed that we return to the moon...it fits our sense of adventure, and we have many new teammates who would like to go to the moon. And, beyond that, it's VERY obvious with all this mooning going on that we have moon fever. So get this:

634,152,476 m (current total) + 384,000,000 m (moon distance) = 1,018,152,476 m ... a billion meters

A return to the moon (with a victory orbit or two) gives us ONE billion team meters. What a quest ! What say you?! Are you game ?
i'm in....

rosita
500m Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by rosita » May 1st, 2012, 4:17 pm

I am happy to be part of the Luna-Tics team again and wish all a happy, healthy season too.
Jim and Baz have mentioned the book Born to Run a few times. My team is taking a road trip to the Batopilas area to play some games with the Tarahumara. Just fun games, lots of running. Long bus trip ahead and lots of fun I think. Will let you know late next week.
Row safely and take care everyone
Rosi

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » May 1st, 2012, 8:04 pm

rosita wrote:I am happy to be part of the Luna-Tics team again and wish all a happy, healthy season too.
Jim and Baz have mentioned the book Born to Run a few times. My team is taking a road trip to the Batopilas area to play some games with the Tarahumara. Just fun games, lots of running. Long bus trip ahead and lots of fun I think. Will let you know late next week.
Rosi
Wow! I am excited for you all, and look forward to hearing about the trip!

And what a great year of rowing from Team Luna-tics! Let's head back to the moon!!!

Cheers, BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 1st, 2012, 8:58 pm

rosita wrote:I am happy to be part of the Luna-Tics team again and wish all a happy, healthy season too.
Rosi
safe travels and have a great time....looking forward to hearing all about it....

big maq
500m Poster

Post by big maq » May 1st, 2012, 9:14 pm

Kona2 wrote:Really. I didn't know that it would work out this way...but it is SO cool. Just today I reiterated that sometimes we achieve goals that we didn't even know that we had. As the meters were being added up from the previous ten rowing seasons, the grand total was 634,152,476 m. Earlier, I proposed that we return to the moon...it fits our sense of adventure, and we have many new teammates who would like to go to the moon. And, beyond that, it's VERY obvious with all this mooning going on that we have moon fever. So get this:

I'm in, woo hoo Been here once lets do it again!!!!!!

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » May 1st, 2012, 9:48 pm

Count me in! It will be a fun adventure. Good luck to all! looking forward to the new season.

Ed

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » May 1st, 2012, 11:18 pm

Hi all,

I received this from one of my employees today. It fits what is going on at my place of work... everyone helping each other out, even if it not their normal daily job. It is rewarding to me to see the team work come together. I also feel the words below says a lot about the many team members on this forum! Everyone is always willing to help out by giving advice, quotes, pick-me-ups and just general care for each other. My fello LUNA-TICS are an awesome bunch and I am glad and proud to be a new member to such a great bunch of folks around this small world of ours!

I hope you enjoy the Geese message as much as I did.

Sincerely,
Ed

Lessons from Geese
'Individual empowerment results from quality honking'
Lessons from Geese provides a perfect example of the importance of team work and how it can have a
profound and powerful effect on any form of personal or business endeavor. When we use these five
principles in our personal and business life it will help us to foster and encourage a level of passion and
energy in ourselves, as well as those who are our friends, associates or team members. It is essential to
remember that teamwork happens inside and outside of business life when it is continually nurtured and
encouraged.
Lesson 1 - The Importance of Achieving Goals As each goose flaps its wings it creates UPLIFT for
the birds that follow. By flying in a 'V' formation the whole flock adds 71 percent extra to the flying
range. Outcome When we have a sense of community and focus, we create trust and can help each other
to achieve our goals.
Lesson 2 - The Importance of Team Work When a goose falls out of formation it suddenly feels
the drag and resistance of flying alone. It quickly moves back to take advantage of the lifting power of
the birds in front. Outcome If we had as much sense as geese we would stay in formation with those
headed where we want to go. We are willing to accept their help and give our help to others.
Lesson 3 - The Importance of Sharing When a goose tires of flying up front it drops back into
formation and another goose flies to the point position. Outcome It pays to take turns doing the hard
tasks. We should respect and protect each other's unique arrangement of skills, capabilities, talents and
resources.
Lesson 4 - The Importance of Empathy and Understanding When a goose gets sick, two geese
drop out of formation and follow it down to the ground to help and protect it. Outcome If we have as
much sense as geese we will stand by each other in difficult times, as well as when we are strong.
Lesson 5 - The Importance of Encouragement Geese flying in formation 'HONK' to encourage
those up front to keep up with their speed. Outcome We need to make sure our honking is encouraging.
In groups and teams where there is encouragement, production is much greater. 'Individual empowerment
results from quality honking'

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » May 2nd, 2012, 1:06 am

Kona2 wrote:A return to the moon (with a victory orbit or two) gives us ONE billion team meters. What a quest ! What say you?! Are you game ?
Absolutley game. V-formation, fall in.
To the Moon, Alice! HONK.

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » May 2nd, 2012, 1:13 am

I'm IN! Honk! Honk!
☆~Kristine~☆

Restless
1k Poster

Post by Restless » May 2nd, 2012, 1:55 am

just27 wrote:
Kona2 wrote:A return to the moon (with a victory orbit or two) gives us ONE billion team meters. What a quest ! What say you?! Are you game ?
I completely agree and am game to go!

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » May 2nd, 2012, 3:36 am

just27 wrote:
Yes, I am in! HONK!

Happy rowing!

Andrea

I have yet to enter (manually :( ) all my short "pieces" I rowed since April 18th, as I missed the deadline yesterday for the automatic upload... I did not realize that May 1 and a New Concept2 Year was upon me until it was too late...

Jodi
1k Poster

Post by Jodi » May 2nd, 2012, 6:44 am

I'm in! Let's go to the moon! Honk, honk!
Today is my 31st wedding anniversary! I was going to row 31,000 to commemorate, but we have other things to do today (and a nice dinner at The Olde Pink House in Savannah, GA) so that's not going to happen. I will row, but it's not going to be 31,000, instead it will be a follow up to my weight training. Still a good way to start the day though. :)
Attachments
happy anniversary.gif
happy anniversary.gif (86.25 KiB) Viewed 6611 times
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Kona2
Marathon Poster

2013: Happy New Year! And so it begins...

Post by Kona2 » May 2nd, 2012, 10:53 am

Image Honk!

Much honking heard throughout the Luna-Tic rowing universe! This is how our traditions get started! :D 56 teammates currently in the boat, and that's a record number (biggest opening day start ever) for us. The anticipation of what we can do with this lucky 2013 Rowing Season (all our seasons are lucky :lol:)....woohoo and hooyah!

The Global Marathon Challenge is quite the feat to start the new year. We have seven Luna-Tics who have met the Global Marathon Challenge. As of this AM, only 14 people have completed full marathons...and two of the 14 are Luna-Tics (Ron, Michelle). There will be more! In the Half Marathon category: Richard T (twice!), Ronnie, Ron, Christa, Cathie and Brian. Well done!

Season meters as of 1/365 = 718,652 m

Total meters on the day = 718,652 m

Oars in space (participation) = 100 percent (the one day a year that we can do this...so far!)

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

50 K Ron
50 K Michelle

Thanks to all who rowed today....and ALL rowed!

Lily 1,002 m
K2 ImageImageImageImage m
Gene 1,500 m
Sunny 2,013 m
Bobbie ImageImageImageImage m :D
Denny 2,500 m
Sam ImageImageImageImage m :D reads the same back to front!
Tony ImageImageImageImage m :D
Kevin N 4,000 m
Tom M 4,913 m
Ted 6,000 m
Harold 6,100 m
Fritz 6,261 m
Peter G 6,378 m
Rick C 6,476 m
Zander 6,500 m
Jeff P 6,708 m
Andrea 6,880 m ! Wowzer...so soon after ACL repair! Good news!
Nataliya 7,000 m
Rich 7...6....5....4....321....blast off! :lol:
Jim ImageImageImageImage m :D
Elton 8,000 m
Rivka 8,000 m
Diana 8,350 m
Rosi ImageImageImageImage m :D good luck on your games!
Marty 9,000 m
Mitch J 9,200 m
Sarah 9,500 m
Ed 10,000 m
Marie 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Stephen N 10,000 m
Ross 10,523 m
Scott 10,550 m
Bruce 10,866 m
Paul S 11,500 m
David T 12,000 m