LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

ronnie1
500m Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by ronnie1 » April 16th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Congrats Barb, another amazing feat . Cheers to you!
Ronnie

Restless
1k Poster

Re: She's A Finisher!

Post by Restless » April 16th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image Image

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, bg, on finishing ANOTHER Boston Marathon! The current temperature in Boston is 84 degrees with 34 percent humidity. I'll bet that was rough going - and am glad to see that you are off the course now.
You're amazing!!
Huge congrats bg, what a great achievement! :D

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » April 16th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Well firstly, a big congratulations to Ms Woo Hoo herself, BG! What a great effort and inspiration to us all...and by all accounts the weather was quite warm! :D

And have been trying to digest the Bazzercise Video, in between bouts of laughing from Janet and TomO who have been egging me on over the weekend! Let me say there is unlikely to be one anytime soon, but maybe we might be able to put a You-tube together of the Tough Mudder event! :lol:

And speaking of which, going to Newcastle, and the brother-in-law’s is fraught with danger, although I did work him through his paces down at the beach on Sunday morning as the sun was rising over the water. In fact, I quite like random workouts on the beach... :wink:

Anyway over breakfast he tells me we are signed up for a 10 kilometre sprint through Sydney this coming Sunday morning in an Urban Challenge. Actually, it does look fun with about 10 obstacles of varying descriptions. In fact the training I have been doing recently should assist greatly, although haven’t been doing long runs, just 100 metre sprints. And it is right on my work's doorstep, so working with local knowedge, in fact I often run the same steps that are one of the obstacles. :o

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/mens-heal ... on/course/

There are a lot of insane things that people think up these days...Pack Burro racing – you’ve got to love it!

And once again WOO HOO BG!

Cheers, BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » April 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm

WOO HOO BG! You're the best!

danno

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 17th, 2012, 1:45 am

hopefully what i did works and i'm back......thanks soooooooo much for all of the support.....it was quite the adventure...actually did okay until i got to 20 miles and took my gu and got nauseaus[sp?]...had to do quite a bit of walking from there to the finish, but i did finish....all my cross training on the erg sure helped...and all of the luna-tic support....and this is soooo embarrassing....can't sleep..it's 1:45 am here and i know i owe a woooo hooooo...but can't remember to whom......time to try to go back to sleep......thanks again to the best rowing team.....

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » April 17th, 2012, 4:07 am

bg wrote:hopefully what i did works and i'm back......thanks soooooooo much for all of the support.....it was quite the adventure...actually did okay until i got to 20 miles and took my gu and got nauseaus[sp?]...had to do quite a bit of walking from there to the finish, but i did finish....all my cross training on the erg sure helped...and all of the luna-tic support....and this is soooo embarrassing....can't sleep..it's 1:45 am here and i know i owe a woooo hooooo...but can't remember to whom......time to try to go back to sleep......thanks again to the best rowing team.....
"WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO"
Congratulations Barbara! You are amazing!

I checked in top the forum tonight after some absence as I was thinking of you when I heard of the heat in Boston.
Glad that all is well!

Happy rowing!

Andrea
(who has to schedule ACL surgery)

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 17th, 2012, 4:19 am

@andrea...sending lots of healing and healthy thoughts to you...

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » April 17th, 2012, 6:33 am

bg wrote:hopefully what i did works and i'm back......thanks soooooooo much for all of the support.....it was quite the adventure...actually did okay until i got to 20 miles and took my gu and got nauseaus[sp?]...had to do quite a bit of walking from there to the finish, but i did finish....all my cross training on the erg sure helped...and all of the luna-tic support....and this is soooo embarrassing....can't sleep..it's 1:45 am here and i know i owe a woooo hooooo...but can't remember to whom......time to try to go back to sleep......thanks again to the best rowing team.....
Way to go. I live in Western Mass and we had 93 degrees yesterday. Awesome Job B)

Richard T

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 17th, 2012, 9:39 am

macbruce1 wrote:
Toothdoc wrote: WOO HOO BG! You're the best!

danno
I concur :!: Way to go Barb :!: Too bad it was so warm :? In solidarity and with hopes that some positive energy would flow your way, I did a rowing marathon Monday.
Ron
thanks ron and all the other luna-tics for all of the support...and woooooo hoooooo to aj and anita...and richard t...yikes...it was cool in boston compared to you..btw where in western mass are you????

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » April 17th, 2012, 12:06 pm

bg wrote:
macbruce1 wrote:

danno
I concur :!: Way to go Barb :!: Too bad it was so warm :? In solidarity and with hopes that some positive energy would flow your way, I did a rowing marathon Monday.
Ron
thanks ron and all the other luna-tics for all of the support...and woooooo hoooooo to aj and anita...and richard t...yikes...it was cool in boston compared to you..btw where in western mass are you????
Easthampton 15 miles above Springfield

Richard T

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » April 17th, 2012, 6:07 pm

bg wrote:
macbruce1 wrote:

danno
Ron
Congratulations Barb (amazing!); AJ and Anita

I went looking for a "Woo Hoo" image to post for you all - and had to use this distinctly Aussie version (I am claiming this is an Emu and not an Ostrich! :wink: ):

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Woohoo! Danno hits the big 25!!

Post by Kona2 » April 18th, 2012, 12:01 am

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Some celebrations just cannot wait! Congratulations, Danno, on achieving 25 million lifetime meters! Amazing...amazing....amazing. Way to row!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 4.16.12

Post by Kona2 » April 18th, 2012, 12:40 am

Image Behold the Woohoo Bird ....love it! I do believe Dave H has found us a team mascot... :lol:

The more I hear and read about the heat during the Boston Marathon (as well as the high temperatures out in other parts of Massachusetts...whoa...93?!), the more I am impressed by all the runners and their ability to change their race day strategies to survive the race. One of the runners said that it became more of an issue of staying hydrated than worrying about what running position he held. Even bg had a tough time with a Gu supplement...one that I'm sure she's used to power up during a run many times (you have to have a LOT of water to get that stuff down). Some truly incredible performances, a lot of sunburn. Water stations were well supplied - and runners took advantage of this. Such good stuff - and this is only ONE of the adventures that some of our teammates participate in during the rowing season.

Season meters as of 354/366 = 198,625,399 m (you know I'm looking forward to that 200 MM)

Total meters on the day = 501,346 m

Oars in space (participation) = 31 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

3.45 MM Rivka
3.25 MM Sarah
3.15 MM Danno
1.65 MM Terri
1.4 MM Marty
1.3 MM Rebecca
900 K Nataliya

Image Million Meter Watch:

Ron with (100,116 m) to go!

ImageMillion Meter Watch:

Tammy with (52,347 m) to go!

Paul S with (31,866 m) to go!

Marie with (65,488 m) to go!

Chris H with (31,209 m) to go!

Greg C with (90,589 m) to go!

Nataliya with (97,837 m) to go!

Thanks for rowing with us today!

Lily 775 m
Steven D 854 m
Mario Jackson 1,255 m
Bobbie 1,500 m
Pat S 2,000 m
Nataliya 2,200 m
Sunny ImageImageImageImage m :D
Gene H 2,600 m
Marty 3,000 m
Zander 3,000 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage m
Tom M 4,358 m
Diana 4,500 m
Jim 4,888 m
Brian 5,000 m
Raoul 5,000 m
Harold ImageImageImageImage m :D
Jeri 5,016 m
K2 5,016 m
AJ 5,048 m
Anita 5,625 m
Scott 5,800 m
Christa 5,850 m
Ken H 6,000 m
Roger ImageImageImageImage m :D
Rosi 6,100 m
Marie 7,000 m
Tammy 7,000 m
Minnie ImageImageImageImage m :D
Denny 7,500 m
Rivka 7,500 m
Sarah 7,500 m
Sam ImageImageImageImage m :D Lucky day!
David T 8,000 m
Ronnie 8,500 m
Dana 8,656 m
Terri 9,000 m
Jeff P 10,000 m
Mike M 10,000 m
Ross 10,475 m
Bruce 10,858 m
Katerina 12,000 m
Walter 12,000 m
Bernie 12,024 m
Danno 13,000 m
Tim P 13,851 m
David A 14,378 m
Cathie 14,777 m ...her lucky day, too!
Baz 15,000 m
Michelle 15,000 m
Rebecca 15,000 m... and another milestone!
Elton 15,177 m
Ed 20,000 m ... this man is working up to a full marathon. :D
Richard T 20,000 m ... must do ok with 93 degrees!
Jay 38,000 m
Ron 42,195 m ...a great day to do a marathon on the east coast!

just27
10k Poster

Re: Woohoo! Danno hits the big 25!!

Post by just27 » April 18th, 2012, 2:45 pm

macbruce1 wrote: Congratulations, Danno, on achieving 25 million lifetime meters! Amazing...amazing....amazing. Way to row!Danno, YOU are THE man :!:
ron
Definitely - Congratz, Danno! Awesome lifetime meters.

That's a horrible picture of McGarrett ... he looks like a vampire!
(I have a soft spot for Australian actors, and he's particularly cute, IMHO!)

Restless
1k Poster

Re: Woohoo! Danno hits the big 25!!

Post by Restless » April 18th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage ImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Some celebrations just cannot wait! Congratulations, Danno, on achieving 25 million lifetime meters! Amazing...amazing....amazing. Way to row!

Congrats on the 25 million Danno!

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.