LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » March 27th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Toothdoc wrote:K2,

How are you doing? Are the fires affecting your property, live stock or your self?

Hope all is well!

danno
The Jefferson County wildfire (an area called the lower North Fork) continues to burn without containment at this time. I used to live in that area of Conifer, CO many years ago. The slurry bombers are flying out of the regional airport that is near my current home, and they've been quite busy. Several of my biking friends live in the area and were evacuated for a short while last night, then allowed to return home. They reported that even though they had been allowed to return home, they were spending the night out on their deck to make sure they didn't get a sudden wind shift and changing conditions. While March is usually one of our snowiest months, we have been very dry and that makes for great wildfire conditions. Unfortunately, we're due for more winds tomorrow and this will make it more difficult for the firefighters. Many homes are in this area - and most of the firefighters are volunteers that might be your neighbors. Livestock has been evacuated to the Jeffco Fairgrounds in most cases.

Bottom line is that I am impacted as a friend and neighbor, but not on a personal level. It is going to be a tough wildfire season in many areas of the US, I think. Thanks for checking!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » March 28th, 2012, 3:36 am

Kona2 wrote:

How are you doing? Are the fires affecting your property, live stock or your self?

Hope all is well!

danno
The Jefferson County wildfire (an area called the lower North Fork) continues to burn without containment at this time. I used to live in that area of Conifer, CO many years ago. The slurry bombers are flying out of the regional airport that is near my current home, and they've been quite busy. Several of my biking friends live in the area and were evacuated for a short while last night, then allowed to return home. They reported that even though they had been allowed to return home, they were spending the night out on their deck to make sure they didn't get a sudden wind shift and changing conditions. While March is usually one of our snowiest months, we have been very dry and that makes for great wildfire conditions. Unfortunately, we're due for more winds tomorrow and this will make it more difficult for the firefighters. Many homes are in this area - and most of the firefighters are volunteers that might be your neighbors. Livestock has been evacuated to the Jeffco Fairgrounds in most cases.

Bottom line is that I am impacted as a friend and neighbor, but not on a personal level. It is going to be a tough wildfire season in many areas of the US, I think. Thanks for checking!

sending safe thoughts to your friends and neighbors...

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » March 28th, 2012, 5:35 am

bg wrote:
Kona2 wrote:

Hope all is well!

danno

And from down-under Jan - stay safe!
As proven in the fires in Victoria a couple of years ago, evacuating early is the only sure way - much better than staying and fighting to save some bricks and mortar (although we trust you don't have to make that choice!).

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Multi-Multi-Millionaire...Again! 8!

Post by Kona2 » March 28th, 2012, 9:05 am

ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, Jay, on achieving an EIGHT million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! An amazing achievement!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Millionaire !!

Post by Kona2 » March 28th, 2012, 9:09 am

ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Another big celebration! Congratulations, Ted, on achieving a ONE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! Way to row !!

Restless
1k Poster

Post by Restless » March 28th, 2012, 9:39 am

bg wrote:
Kona2 wrote:

Hope all is well!

danno

I'd also like to add my thoughts your way as well, from here in Maine. We have also had some unseasonable, not to mention just plain strange weather this winter. It's hard to say how it will translate going into spring/summer.

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Restless
1k Poster

Re: He's A Meter Multi-Multi-Millionaire...Again! 8!

Post by Restless » March 28th, 2012, 9:42 am

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, Jay, on achieving an EIGHT million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! An amazing achievement!
Huge congrats Jay on the 8 million! Also to Ted for the 1 million! :D

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » March 28th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Congrats to Jay and Ted!!!

danno

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » March 28th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Toothdoc wrote:Congrats to Jay and Ted!!!

danno
woooo hoooo and congrats from me too....

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » March 28th, 2012, 6:01 pm

On the milestones... :)

Great work Ted, and Jay what a fantastic effort and achievement.

And K2, stay safe!

Cheers, BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 3.27.12

Post by Kona2 » March 28th, 2012, 10:28 pm

I just hit the wrong key on this keyboard...and away went the entire posting....and then right above the blank space was Baz's signature line...something about if you fall, get back up....

So many, many milestones. 53 people are still in the March Madness Challenge. Image ImageImage teammates are keeping us in the number 2 spot of the World Erg Challenge with a total challenge amount of something astronomical (how appropriate) like 12.7 million meters. Amazing!

Congratulations to all who have completed the requirements of the March Madness Challenge! Well done! And raise a glass of your favorite beverage to all those who have rowed EVERY day so far of the March Madness Challenge. The rowing community sure knows how difficult this is to do....think about it: over 5000 rowers started the March Challenge, and less than 1000 are still in the hunt for the 5K, and less than 500 are in the hunt for the 10K challenge. And a great percentage are Luna-Tics!

Season meters as of 334/366 = 186,567,848 m (late capture on the numbers, so am sure to have gotten some two-fers)

Total meters on the day = 1,107,531 m

Oars in space (participation) = 42 percent! Woot!

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

8.0 MM Jay
7.4 MM Ron
6.9 MM Cathie
5.15 MM Michelle
4.4 MM Minnie
3.9 MM David A
3.8 MM Anita
3.4 MM bg
3.05 MM Danno
2,75 MM Robyn
2.25 MM elton
2.2 MM Sam
1.55 MM Walter
1.4 MM Dennis
1.3 MM enrage
1.3 MM Jeff P
1.15 MM Tony
1.1 MM Rebecca
1.0 MM Ted
800 K Nataliya
750 K Chuck B
700 K Mario Jackson
400 K Rick
350 K Peter Gi

Thanks to all who rowed today!

Akira 200 m
Lily 800 m
Steven D 886 m
Bobbie 3,500 m
Denny 3,500 m
Gene H 4,700 m
Diana 4,800 m
Jeanette 5,017 m
Jodi 5,063 m
Paul S 5,500 m
Jim ImageImageImageImage m :D
Scott ImageImageImageImage m :D
Tony ImageImageImageImage m twice :D
Rich 5,794 m
David T 6,000 m
Stephen 6,000 m
Harold 6,100 m
Peter Gi 6,452 m
Marty 6,500 m
Karyn 6,516 m
Elton 6,711 m
Tammy 7,500 m
Tom M 7,989 m
Lori 8,046 m
Roger 9,500 m
Zander ImageImageImageImage m :D
Chuck B 10,000 m
Dave H 10,000 m
Dennis 10,000 m
Ed 10,000 m
K2 10,000 m
Robyn ImageImageImageImageImage m :D
enrage 10,019 m
Chip 10,219 m
Greg C 10,470 m
Rivka 10,500 m
Sarah 10,600 m
Ross 10,615 m
Anita 11,000 m
Christa 11,000 m
Nataliya ImageImageImageImageImage m :D
Mario Jackson 12,000 m
Mike C 12,000 m
Wim 12,000 m
Bernie 12,009 m
Minnie 12,027 m ... stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ronnie 12,100 m
Sam 12,322 m
Greg H 12,501 m
Katerina 13,000 m
Sunny 13,408 m
David A 14,530 m
Marie 15,000 m
Tim K 15,000 m
Dana 19,250 m
Brian 20,000 m
Jeff P 20,000 m
Ken G 20,000 m
Michelle 20,000 m
Bill G 20,145 m
Rosi 21,015 m
Bruce 21,841 m
Richard T 22,000 m
Frtiz 22,501 m
Baz 25,000 m
Chuck E 25,000 m
Rebecca 25,000 m
Jay 25,309 m
Danno 30,000 m
Ted 39,000 m
bg 44,270 m
Cathie 61,333 m hooboy!
Ron 75,292 m
Walter 78,210 m

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » March 29th, 2012, 4:06 pm

GO UCONN

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Multi-Millionaire!

Post by Kona2 » March 29th, 2012, 5:20 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, David T, on achieving a TWO million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! Well done!

enrage
1k Poster

Post by enrage » March 29th, 2012, 7:14 pm

i'm hoping to jump on the rower this weekend after a few days rest. the Madness reached the deep muscle fibers this year. :D
Are you a Lebowski Achiever?

Restless
1k Poster

Re: He's A Meter Multi-Millionaire!

Post by Restless » March 29th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, David T, on achieving a TWO million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more! Well done!
Congrats David on the 2 million! :D

-Rebecca