LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Restless
1k Poster

Re: She's A Meter Millionaire...times THREE

Post by Restless » March 2nd, 2012, 6:55 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Woohoo and hooyah! Congratulations, Barbara aka bg, on achieving a THREE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more!

And, as a great testament to how much better you're feeling following successful surgeries, last year at this time your meter total was about 575,000 ....and look at you now! Woohoo! It's going to be a BEST ever Boston Marathon for you.... :D
Congrats Barbara on the 3 million! What a good achievement :D

-Rebecca
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

just27
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by just27 » March 2nd, 2012, 7:28 pm

Kona2 wrote:
BAZzy wrote: We're happy little Vegemites ... We all adore our Vegemite ... IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK!
Cheers, BBB
Hahaha! I don't remember that you virtually sang to us before, Baz! We'll have to see if Minnie finds a corresponding virtual tune for Marmite ... :lol:
By your command, Mz Astrogator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YGx9n4G ... re=related

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Tornadoes, floods....

Post by Kona2 » March 2nd, 2012, 8:46 pm

Tornadoes, floods ... yikes. Hope everyone is ok in our rowing universe.

kakattack
500m Poster

Re: Welcome 2 new team members

Post by kakattack » March 3rd, 2012, 1:48 pm

Kona2 wrote:Welcome Paul B and Stephen N! Glad to have you rowing with us!
Paul and Stephen welcome to the team!

All joking aside, I hope all is well with any of you who may have been affected by any of these tornadoes and floods!

- Peter
Peter Gingras

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress thru 3.2.12

Post by Kona2 » March 3rd, 2012, 2:14 pm

Image Madness! Day 3 or 4 (for the southern hemisphere...)

Image 70 teammates participating in the Madness Challenge! Still time to join in...test your luck on winning a prize! Let's see....70 teammates participating in a challenge that currently has 3000 participants....that's a two percent chance that on a given rowing day one of the winners could be a Luna-Tic. And that's just at the start of the Madness. Towards the end of the Madness, the participation rates are very different for the overall Concept2 rowing universe. Will you be one of the ones who rows to the end of the Challenge?! Much higher percentage of those who finish are on teams.... :D

Love it when I have a graph for that! Here's 2009 data. C'mon...admit it...number geeks love this stuff!

Getting The Skinny on Concept2's March Madness Challenge:

A quick episode...

The phrase "I'll get the skinny on that for you" is one that might not be familiar to everyone...and the easiest thing to do would be not to use it. It was too late, though, I was already down the bunny trail...wondering who came up with the phrase (which means I'll get the info on that for you...and maybe you all already knew that). The usual sources of word detection and phrase meanings were not helpful...and I had to turn to a resource I heard about from teen Nicki. It's Ask ChaCha. Who knew ? Turns out that ChaCha says: "Skinny A United States Marine Corps term for information. During WWII until late 1960's, military orders in the Marine Corps were copied on paper that resembled the skin of an onion. It was extremly thin and fragile, and translucent in appearance." Who knows ... could be. But I digress.

Incentive for March Madness Challenge - other than the thrill of seeing your meter totals zooom !

Row or ski at least 5000 meters a day during the month of March and enter your meters in your online logbook.

During the month of March, we will hold a prize drawing every day from all of the people who row or ski at least 5000 meters that day and enter it in their online logbook. The more days you complete 5000 meters, the more days your name is in the prize drawing! On randomly selected days during March, we will also draw for an additional prize, from those who complete at least 10,000 meters.

Prizes are Concept2 clothing. Drawings will be held at (or soon after) noon the next weekday following the challenge day, so be sure to enter your meters promptly! We will post names of winners on the website.

Season meters as of 309/366 = 165,965,486 m

Total meters on the day = 664,796 m

Oars in space (participation) = 37 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

3.0 MM bg
2.85 MM Bernie
2.4 MM Richard T
1.85 MM David T
600 K Rodrigo-go-go
500 K Rick
150 K Rich M :D

Image Million Meter Watch:

Baz with (64,257 m) to go!

Rivka with (65,342 m) to go!

Bernie with (149,590 m) to go!

AJ with (183,357 m) to go!

Elton with (13,430 m) to go!

Sam with (20,281 m) to go!

Katerina with (69,066 m) to go!

David T with (146,000 m) to go!

Tony with (6,334 m) to go!

Kevin N with (14,050 m) to go!

Sunny with (18,902 m) to go!

Mitch with (36,153 m) to go!

Chris H with (44,301 m) to go!

Kiba with (120,000 m) to go! :D

Chuck with (121,000 m) to go!

Ted with (137,000 m) to go!

Rebecca with (140,000 m) to go!

Image Thanks to all who rowed today!

Ethan 1,005 m
Lily 1,020 m
Gene H 1,500 m
Jeri 2,000 m
Denny 2,500 m
Sunny 3,000 m
Elton 4,500 m
Tom M 5,000 m
Marty 5,001 m
Bobbie 5,002 m
Tracy 5,016 m
Marie ImageImageImageImage m :D
Tony ImageImageImageImage m :D
Harold 5,803 m
Robyn 5,899 m
Rich 5,964 m :D
Jane 6,023 m :D
Jim 6,500 m
Nataliya 7,125 m
Chuck 7,500 m
Diana 7,500 m
Scott 7,500 m
Karyn 8,060 m
Roger 8,700 m
Tammy 8,700 m
Baz 10,000 m
Collin 10,000 m
Dave H 10,000 m
Jeff P 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Raoul 10,000 m
Rebecca 10,000 m
Richard T 10,000 m
K2 ImageImageImageImageImage m
Rosi ImageImageImageImageImage m (yesterday was 10001..today 10002..tomorrow 10003?) :D
Chip 10,055 m
Peter G ImageImageImageImageImage m ... it was so binary...
Sam ImageImageImageImageImage m
Bruce 10,904 m
Anita 11,000 m
Christa 11,000 m
Zander 11,500 m
David T 12,000 m
Rick 12,212 m
Katerina 12,400 m
Rivka 12,600 m
Fritz 13,074 m
Sarah 13,200 m
Ronnie 13,300 m
Dennis 13,475 m
Jerry 14,000 m
Cathie 20,000 m
Kiba 20,000 m
Peter H 20,000 m
Image bg ImageImageImageImageImage m :D hope it's a good day for a long run!
Image Jay 24,000 m
Image Bernie 24,041 m
Image Ron 26,097 m ... half marathon in here, too
Image Walter 26,797 m ...half marathon in there...
Image Rodrigo! 36,770 m

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » March 3rd, 2012, 2:21 pm

kakattack wrote: Image

All joking aside, I hope all is well with any of you who may have been affected by any of these tornadoes and floods!

- Peter
Cool, graphic (will definitely look forward to others!) - also echo the sentiments that everyone is ok !

kakattack
500m Poster

Post by kakattack » March 3rd, 2012, 2:31 pm

Kona2 wrote:
kakattack wrote: Image

- Peter
Cool, graphic (will definitely look forward to others!) - also echo the sentiments that everyone is ok !
Thanks Kona! The idea just popped into my head and I couldn't help myself.
Peter Gingras

Jodi
1k Poster

March Madness

Post by Jodi » March 3rd, 2012, 3:33 pm

I was reading the posts and noticed that the March Madness Challenge has started. I signed up for it, but for some reason didn't realize that it started with the start of the month (I was blond as a child. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lol: ) We're under tornado watch (nice graphic by the way Peter), the rain is coming down in sheets and there was a nice LOUD thunder clap which sounded very close just a little while ago. Since my PM3 is attached to my rowing machine, which is out in my workshop/gym I can say with full conviction that I won't be wandering out there to get it and download my meters anytime tonight. Bummer! I really should have paid better attention to the details. At least it's just 3 days in, but with my weight training and running intermixed into my workouts I don't think I'm going to get 5,000 meters every day. But I will do my best!
Then again, I'm off to help with my grandkids (3 years and 6 months old) next week while my son is in California for training, so I'll be missing out on a full week of rowing. Was it a waste of time to sign up for the challenge? The team still gets meters for whatever I can get in the books though right?
Boy, I sure am an airhead lately!
Oh, and nice graphic Peter. :)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Rumping
1k Poster

Post by Rumping » March 3rd, 2012, 3:56 pm

Jodi, the Erg Challenge doesn't start until the 15th of this month. March Madness is an individual challenge. If you're going to miss a full week, you won't make the challenge and thus I wouldn't worry about it :)

So far I've gotten 2 of the 3 days in, but that has been sheer luck. By the time our house guest will leave, I will have probably missed 7-9 days of the challenge and will be out as well. But until I miss 6 days, I'll continue to try and put in another 10k whenever I can.

Good luck with the weather. Hope the tornadoes fizzle, the lightning misses everything but the ground, and the rain disappears and turns into a beautiful rainbow.

And yes, I did save off that image of the rownado :) Tempted to put it on Facebook, but I do know a few people in affected areas so it wouldn't be the PC thing to post (I try to be a good boy on Facebook).
Wim (attempting to get back into rowing shape).

kakattack
500m Poster

Re: March Madness

Post by kakattack » March 3rd, 2012, 4:08 pm

Jodi wrote: We're under tornado watch (nice graphic by the way Peter), the rain is coming down in sheets and there was a nice LOUD thunder clap which sounded very close just a little while ago.
Thanks Jodi... stay safe! I like that Wim! "Rownado"
Peter Gingras

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: March Madness

Post by Kona2 » March 3rd, 2012, 4:24 pm

Jodi wrote:Was it a waste of time to sign up for the challenge? The team still gets meters for whatever I can get in the books though right?
It's NEVER a waste of time to sign up...or just row when you have time to row. The Challenges are there for some extra motivation - and some fun. You never know when you can "make it work" with a Challenge, so keep plugging away. And good luck with this crazy weather!

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 3rd, 2012, 4:51 pm

Okay, just a quick post to get caught up. I have missed a lot of the postings since page 757, and at this point I just don't think I will have time to go back and read them all. :( So as not to risk being overwhelmed to the point of immobility, I am just going to "cut the line" so to speak, and pick up from here...Onwards, and upwards!

I just read today about the Military Challenge last month, so switched my team affiliation to let my meters in Feb. count for that (today is the cut-off). I will switch back to the LUNA-TICS tomorrow. Not sure if switching back before the cut-off would affect the final team results or not, so am playing it safe.

When the March Madness rowing is calculated, if I met the meters goal for the 5000 meters/day challenge, but did so by rowing some 10000 days to make up for missing more than the allowed miss days, would I qualify for the challenge, or is it strictly based on logging at least the minimum meters on at least 25 days during the month?
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Introducing....LUNA !

Post by Kona2 » March 3rd, 2012, 5:46 pm

Thanks in advance to Richard T for sharing the story and the photos here.

Anyone who has ever lost a pet knows how difficult such a loss can be. What we don't always recognize is that when you've had two dogs, and lose one, that the other dog is grieving, too. That can be pretty tough, too -- so what to do? Many of us might say "get another dog" or get a puppy or a rescue dog...anything to try and bring the older dog some comfort that perhaps only another dog can provide. A few weeks ago, Richard T shared that he'd lost a great dog and that his other dog, Joe (a black lab) was pretty sad about it. Not surprisingly, Richard decided he'd better do something pretty drastic to make sure Joe was ok...and he found a puppy...one that he could bring home on March 2nd (yesterday). It's been a little less than 24 hours since she arrived....and Richard is sharing some of this story and some of the pictures as Joe meets this new puppy.

This is Joe...dog nose pictures are the best!

Introducing.....LUNA....the new puppy (I think yellow lab? not sure...) Yep, Richard T named her after the team...

Looks like she can muster up a good appetite..

Joe is probably not too sure about this new puppy...all those sharp little teeth...

Love this picture...Joe may struggle a bit with Luna, but I'll bet she wins him over...look at the size of those puppy paws...whoa...

Restless
1k Poster

Post by Restless » March 3rd, 2012, 6:19 pm

Such a cute puppy! Have to admit I usually prefer cats, but I'm a huge sucker for puppies :)
Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather learning to dance in the rain.

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 3rd, 2012, 6:37 pm

Soooooo cute!
☆~Kristine~☆