Atta Girl! Brag About Your Latest Pb Here!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » October 27th, 2005, 11:19 pm

Great job, Jodie and Mischa. Both of you coming back after a bad year in 2005, too! Keep up the good work--we need more good reports on this thread!<br /><br />Sometimes I only manage to make myself finish a piece because I promise myself I'll post about it when I'm done. Silly, but effective!<br />

[old] AntarcticGirl

Women's Forum

Post by [old] AntarcticGirl » October 29th, 2005, 8:19 am

Well Girls, I did manage to beat by previous 2 km PB - took over 2 seconds off. I am quite proud of that since I have finally got back into the swing of training again, it makes all the effort seem worthwhile when you can see results this quickly. Now down to 8:24.3<br /><br />Antarctic Girl*

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » October 31st, 2005, 11:53 pm

Hey great job Antarctic Girl! <br /><br />You don't happen to be a retired long distance channel crossing swimmer, do you?<br />

[old] AntarcticGirl

Women's Forum

Post by [old] AntarcticGirl » November 1st, 2005, 7:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-seat5+Nov 1 2005, 03:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Nov 1 2005, 03:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey  great job Antarctic Girl!  <br /><br />You don't happen to be a retired long distance  channel crossing swimmer, do you? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Now I wish.....

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » November 2nd, 2005, 12:52 am

I just thought maybe you were the woman (I can't remember her name) that swam across the Bering Strait and other frigid waters in just a regular bathing suit. She was a totally amazing athlete. Her book is entitled "Swimming Across Antarctica" or something like that. Very inspriring.<br /><br />

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » November 3rd, 2005, 12:41 pm

Well, I feel good. I just did my PB in my weekly 30-Minute Thursday workout. I beat last my last time (two weeks ago) by 23 meters. I'm ranked 81 of 119 in the W-H-40-something category. So, I've moved up two spots in my category! <br /><br />I'm back in the saddle after being away for a week & then recovering from my trip.<br />WOOT!<br />Robin<br />P.S. Truth be known, I wanted to post to this thread, too. So, it's motivating just to have you gals out there willing to hear me toot my own horn!

[old] AntarcticGirl

Women's Forum

Post by [old] AntarcticGirl » November 3rd, 2005, 5:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-seat5+Nov 2 2005, 04:52 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Nov 2 2005, 04:52 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just thought maybe you were the woman (I can't remember her name) that swam across the Bering Strait and other frigid waters in just a regular bathing suit. She was a totally amazing athlete.  Her book is entitled "Swimming Across Antarctica" or something like that.  Very inspriring. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I don't think I have ever heard of her, but she does sound inspiring. The training and motivation to swim in icy cold seas must be phenomemal. She definitely isn't me! I have been living and working at Halley Station for 2 years - hence the name<br /><br />And, Well Done Robin! Carry on eeking your way up those ranking positions <br /><br />Antarctic Girl*

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » November 12th, 2005, 1:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You should have an amazing improvement in your meters next time if you just get your self set and comfortable before you start. [right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I did the 1 hour row again today. I had wanted to do a 1/2 marathon this weekend but life is getting in the way. For my second attempt at the 60 minute row, I wouldn't say I had an amazing improvement, but think I did okay. <br /><br />I followed Seat5's advice. I drank a lot more water before I even went out to the garage, set the fans up ahead of time (it was cold at first so I had my sweatshirt on to start), and I got a pretty rockin' mix in the CD player that runs longer than an hour. I only had to stop a couple of times to drink and take my sweatshirt off.<br /><br />I beat my last distance by 171 meters -- a new PB! Total: 10933 meters. My ranking remains the same as last week, though -- 41 of 47 in my class. That's okay. I'm secure in my progress!<br /><br />Robin

[old] jah89

Women's Forum

Post by [old] jah89 » November 16th, 2005, 9:30 am

Last time I was on, I mentioned I had a second 2k test coming up - well, I had to postpone it because I was ill, but did it last week and knocked over 10s off again! I'm now down to 8:13.8 when I couldn't get below 8:40 before the summer!<br /><br />And the scary improvement has got me the bow seat in my college club 1st VIII - yay!!!<br /><br />Jodie<br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » November 16th, 2005, 3:51 pm

Way to go Jodie!<br /><br />Nice job - congrats on bow seat!<br /><br />The Buffle

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » November 21st, 2005, 1:27 pm

I did my monthly 2000 meters and did a new PB. I improved my time and my form. I've been concentrating on going "slower" in my workouts lately and have found that I'm being more efficient with my energy. By "slower" I mean that I've been reaching further in the catch, taking fewer strokes per minute. <br /><br />I just barely beat my last month's time, but in fewer strokes per minute. Last time I did 2000 meters in 9:45.2 at 28 s/m and this time I did 9:44.4 at 26 s/m. I was still ranked below the average in my class, but I aspire to do the 2000 meters in the average time for that group by the end of this season.<br /><br />As they say, in Weight Watchers, "Progress, not perfection!"<br /><br />Robin

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » November 24th, 2005, 3:21 pm

A new personal best in my thirty-minute Thursday! I guess I was motivated by all the food I expect to eat for Thanksgiving dinner! My last PB in this event was three weeks ago & I've been kinda lethargic on Thursdays since then. So, today I feel good about shaving 7 seconds off my last PB. Ranked 88 of 128 in my class I'm still not even AVERAGE among 40+ HW Women, but I aspire to become average by the end of the season <br /><br />Happy Thanksgiving!<br />Robin

[old] Afterburner

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Afterburner » December 6th, 2005, 10:08 pm

New PB in the 6k this evening.<br />23:27.5<br />IE, a 1:57.3 ave split at 28 spm<br />Old PB was 23:46.4 a bit over a month ago.<br />All said and done, I'm pretty happy. Hoping to break 23:15 next month, we shall see.<br /><br />Heather

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » December 8th, 2005, 6:41 am

wow that's fantastic Heather... so bliddy fast to ..

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » December 14th, 2005, 12:11 am

New 6K pb for me--no, not as fast as Heather's, which certainly is "bliddy fast!" But still about 30 seconds faster than my old PB. 24:06.1 av 2:00.5 av 26 spm. I "cheated" by resting my legs with a faster rate for a couple hundred meters at a time, so most of the time I was at 25 spm and part of the time at 29. The last 1K was pretty hard and the last 300 meters were really dreadful but I managed a sprint at the end so the last 500 was at 1:56.9 and that pulled the average down almost exactly to what the goal was. Can't help but notice that was only a tad faster than Heather's average for the whole piece....I can't even imagine it...<br /><br />