TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
BoB/335
2k Poster

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Post by BoB/335 » January 29th, 2012, 10:02 pm

glenmbaker wrote:
damselfly wrote:With me it's the time -- my husband isn't even up yet and the rower would disturb him.

RowPro looks interesting though, may need to check it out. How many TimBukTOOians are using it? But I don't think I could load it and get it going for a group row today, but it might be kinda neat to set one up each week or something.

(I wasn't going to mention the shower thing... ;) )
OK, I'm still interested in some sort of team row to cap this thing off. I'm guessing that lots of folks probably row after work, which makes it difficult to have the east and west coast available at the same time, so how about this: since Tuesday is the last day of the challenge, how about an east to west coast relay? Set up 3 30 minute sessions, each one hour apart. That way the east-coasters can start us off, the mountain folk can do the middle bit, and us westies can bring it on home.

Heck, Tyrone could lead us off a day in advance!

I would love to be involved in RowPro IF I had a Concept 2 at home!!! The Model C at the gym with the half functioning monitor will have to do in the meantime.

BoB/335
2k Poster

Post by BoB/335 » January 29th, 2012, 10:07 pm

damselfly wrote:Yeah, they're an entirely different website (web domain). Looks like they're using the same forum software package that C2forum.com uses, but have additional smilies to use. I'll contact C2 and see what the chances are for us to get more smilies. Don't hold your breath!! :lol:

That's not fair. C2 hopped on the logbook with me right away and I love that I see my totals so clearly displayed. They did a great job! Dena was a great communicator (so you can look for her in particular) (I have her direct email) She also heads Knotty Knittters team and can find her there. Give'em a chance. :o

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » January 30th, 2012, 1:44 am

OK, Bob, easy now... I didn't mean any disrespect. It's all good.

Hey, we had a major meter upload that may have sling-shot (sling-shotted? slinged-shot? slung-shot?) us into the Atlantic! I hope no one got whiplash!! :lol:
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

goyo
1k Poster

Post by goyo » January 30th, 2012, 8:33 am

Finish Strong, TEAM!
Glenn Y

BoB/335
2k Poster

Post by BoB/335 » January 30th, 2012, 9:16 am

damselfly wrote:OK, Bob, easy now... I didn't mean any disrespect. It's all good.

Hey, we had a major meter upload that may have sling-shot (sling-shotted? slinged-shot? slung-shot?) us into the Atlantic! I hope no one got whiplash!! :lol:

Didn't think you meant any disrespect at all! I understand. I had figured they were too busy for my minor concern with the logbook. I even apologized for taking their time with such a small issue. I've been known to make too big of a deal out of minor issues. (Believe me!) It was a major surprise to me that C2 took my suggestion and made a major improvement of such a minor issue. This company really cares. The increase in traffic on the forum can only help the company and I wouldn't be surprised if they would want to help make this place more fun with another minor issue.

CONLEJM
2k Poster

Post by CONLEJM » January 30th, 2012, 10:06 am

damselfly wrote:Hey, we had a major meter upload that may have sling-shot (sling-shotted? slinged-shot? slung-shot?) us into the Atlantic! I hope no one got whiplash!! :lol:
Wow! It looks like we might come closer to 11 million if we keep this up! :D

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » January 30th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Happy Monday morning, Team TimBukTWO!! (groan....) We are sliding down the chute of Central Florida, speeding towards Miami!! As of stats time yesterday it was a pretty light day, but even so, we did reach our Cap'n's initial goal of 10,000,000 meters!! Way to row!!!! We're now speeding to our stretch goal of Miami, and our lycra/spandex goal of the Florida Keys....

Last night saw us at 10,025,318 meters, or 6,225 miles, which brought is to the little town of Minneola, FL. The sunset over Lake Minneola was spectacular, and we rested up for a strong finish for the last two days of the challenge...

We've had a big meter influx since last evening, so tonight's progress should be pretty exciting!! It's just a short hop from Minneola to Orlando (sorry, no time for the Magic Kingdom!), and 248 miles to Miami. Let's be there tonight!!

-- Lisa

MPatton
Paddler

Post by MPatton » January 30th, 2012, 12:27 pm

I only managed a bit over 4k this morning due to time, that after 5 days of nothing. Life commitments are smacking me in the face a bit... That leaves me with about 40k to row between today and tomorrow... I am not sure if I should push myself to the goal or go ahead and admit defeat and just keep on trucking for a while...

I think I am leaning towards calling it good and just continuing because I have the feeling that 40k in a day and a half might kill me. However, that 100k goal is taunting me. Choices choices...

Congratulations to everyone who met their goal!

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » January 30th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Matt, it's important to avoid injury!! Do what you feel you need to, but don't overdo... Life happens....
-- Lisa

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » January 30th, 2012, 5:25 pm

glenmbaker wrote: OK, I'm still interested in some sort of team row to cap this thing off. I'm guessing that lots of folks probably row after work, which makes it difficult to have the east and west coast available at the same time, so how about this: since Tuesday is the last day of the challenge, how about an east to west coast relay? Set up 3 30 minute sessions, each one hour apart. That way the east-coasters can start us off, the mountain folk can do the middle bit, and us westies can bring it on home.

Heck, Tyrone could lead us off a day in advance!
Well, I took the RowPro plunge; it's Glen''s fault. :lol: Kind of a fun app. Nice to have it off to the side while I row, since I HATE the PM and usually push it up so it's not staring at me, then have to reach up and pull it back down to see where I am... Plus it works with my Garmin HR monitor strap so I'm using that again while rowing... The upload feature is nice too, no copying down numbers when my hands are shaky from the row and not being able to read the numbers later... I got the annual license ($29), a little easier to swallow right now than the $99.

Anyone up for a group row tomorrow to end the challenge with a virtual bang? Start time anytime up until 5PM PST for me...
-- Lisa

MPatton
Paddler

Post by MPatton » January 30th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I can't wait until I can get a C2 of my own so that I can get RowPro, it looks like a lot of fun.

Unfortunately that is a ways down the road :lol:

Quatroux
6k Poster

Post by Quatroux » January 30th, 2012, 6:23 pm

I missed posting meters on Saturday so I owe the team an upload. I got a logcard on Friday and used it for the first time. I might have a PB 10K sitting on it, but we'll have to wait for the card reader to arrive (today?!?) from Amazon. I did finally spot some folks at the YMCA that had good form. That makes 3 guys out of the last 100 that got it right. I think the Southwest Ergometer Amateur Tournament (our local Crash-B satellite) has brought the real rowers out to the gym.
-Andy
PaceBoat lurched ahead unforgivingly, mocking his efforts.

glenmbaker
1k Poster

Post by glenmbaker » January 30th, 2012, 7:26 pm

damselfly wrote: Well, I took the RowPro plunge; it's Glen''s fault. :lol:
[...]
Anyone up for a group row tomorrow to end the challenge with a virtual bang? Start time anytime up until 5PM PST for me...
OK, I've created a 30 session for Tuesday, 5:00 pm PST. However since RowPro insists on using GMT the session will show up as Wednesday, 01:00 GMT. The session name is TimbukWest_30Min, just assuming that it's going to be west coasties but of course anybody and everybody is welcome to lend an oar!

For those of you who missed the row on Sunday it was epic. It was me and....well.....ok, not a lot of other people :)

BoB/335
2k Poster

Post by BoB/335 » January 30th, 2012, 7:47 pm

damselfly wrote:
Uh-oh!!! Now we have "another one". :lol:

Hopefully I'll have one in the house by the next season start. :D

The Blacksmith
2k Poster

Post by The Blacksmith » January 30th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Hey All,
Sorry about the slacking off. Kids gave me a gym membership for Christmas and Katerina was getting mad that I didn't use it yet (too busy cranking out 540K or so) and went Sat. Did my usual go at it easy like everything else :lol: :lol: :lol: , and was too tired to row Saturday, and too sore Sunday. So what do I do-go back today and did it again :lol: :lol: .
Oh, well-it kept Katerina happy, and it's good for me. Cross training will be good. Went with my 18 year old son-who was bragging he could do a military press at 100lbs (I think military is the one where you sit upright and press the bar),. Well, thanks to the erg I could press 165 lbs-you should have seen the look on his face-priceless! I'll be rowing every other day now I think. He's been bragging to his friends he's going to get stronger than his old man-I told him maybe by the time I'm 65 it'll happen :lol: :lol:
By the way-this challenge has been a blast-THANK YOU ALL!!!!