The Duck Pond

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » June 14th, 2005, 12:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-edollar+May 15 2005, 11:41 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(edollar @ May 15 2005, 11:41 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->   Congratulations to Gabriela... our meter leader. I see on the 10k meter honor board she is in the top 20 and it looks like she is the rowingest female. <br /><br />Ellen <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Ellen!, I didn´t see your post, well, actually, I have a long time without posting!. <br /><br />I´m traying to study a little, I´m studying "Kinesiologia"... I don´t know how to say it in english... but this career is about "phisical recovering", wih massages and a lot of machines, like sorth wave. It´s a branch of the medicine, It´s very popular between sport people, besides other uses, like recovery for burned skin or some kinds of post operating, like a leg or an arm. <br />So, now, I have to study all the human body, most of all, the muscles and nerves. It´s driving me crazy!! there are so many difficult names! and a lot of stuff to remember. <br /><br />But, doing a hard work with my study, I can row in the same day... I can´t stop trainnig now! Besides, is good for me to clean my mind a little bit... too much study makes me crazy! <br /><br />Well Ducks, keep erging!!, Cheers for all!!<br /><br />AAH!! Happy birthday Harly!! (late but sure ) I hope you had a wonderfull day... you deserve it!.<br /><br />And KatiS! keep erging hard! you almost have it!!.

[old] niobe

Women's Forum

Post by [old] niobe » June 14th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Hi all,<br />Congratulations on million meters and birthdays. I hope to start adding some meters. I just graduated yesterday with a degree in nursing. The last couple of weeks have been hectic with papers to write, getting a symposium together about ethics, along with the clinical time at the hospital. But it's done! Yeah!!! Now all I have to do is pass my boards and look for a job. I kind of have enjoyed not having a real job, but I need to start earning some money again. So anyway, hopefully I'll rack up some meters in the next two weeks before I go on vacation to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Later, Karen

[old] mallard

Women's Forum

Post by [old] mallard » June 15th, 2005, 8:21 am

Hi!<br /><br />I've been keeping an eye on all you Ducks over the last 10 days or so - the numbers just seem to keep on growing!! Welcome to all the new Ducks, and I hope you get as much out of being part of the team as I have.<br /><br />I have not been erging for a while now. My cough has gone at last (for the second time) but I am still blowing into a Peak Flow Metre morning and evening to see what my lungs are up to. Hope to go and see the Doctor on Friday to see if it looks like asthma or not as I seem to have been getting unexplained coughs for some time now. <br /><br />I'm going to do a gentle session tonight and see how I get on - it is sooooo frustrating to see everyone overtake me... But great that everyone is piling on the metres. Are people going to do the Summer Solstice Challenge next week? 20,000m during the day - can be several sessions or just one, or you may want to up the distance to a HM and get that distance under your belt. Watch timing with breaks etc though. Check out the Challenges page of your Personal Logbook for details.<br /><br />PS got my marathon mug through today So that made me feel a bit better!<br /><br />Keep up the good work<br /><br />Jenny<br /><br />

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » June 15th, 2005, 5:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mallard+Jun 15 2005, 05:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mallard @ Jun 15 2005, 05:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi!<br /><br />I've been keeping an eye on all you Ducks over the last 10 days or so - the numbers just seem to keep on growing!!  Welcome to all the new Ducks, and I hope you get as much out of being part of the team as I have.<br /><br />I have not been erging for a while now.  My cough has gone at last (for the second time) but I am still blowing into a Peak Flow Metre morning and evening to see what my lungs are up to.  Hope to go and see the Doctor on Friday to see if it looks like asthma or not as I seem to have been getting unexplained coughs for some time now.  <br /><br />I'm going to do a gentle session tonight and see how I get on - it is sooooo frustrating to see everyone overtake me...        But great that everyone is piling on the metres.  Are people going to do the Summer Solstice Challenge next week?  20,000m during the day - can be several sessions or just one, or you may want to up the distance to a HM and get that distance under your belt.  Watch timing with breaks etc though.  Check out the Challenges page of your Personal Logbook for details.<br /><br />PS got my marathon mug through today        So that made me feel a bit better!<br /><br />Keep up the good work<br /><br />Jenny <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » June 15th, 2005, 5:54 pm

<br />That last post was a mistake as you can see. I couldn't remember how to reply to the forum <br /><br />Anyway, what I wanted to say was that yes, I am planning on doing a half-marathon on June 21st. Anybody else?<br /><br />Shannon

[old] Krysta Coleman

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » June 19th, 2005, 10:19 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canada Goose+Jun 15 2005, 03:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canada Goose @ Jun 15 2005, 03:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anyway, what I wanted to say was that yes, I am planning on doing a half-marathon on June 21st.  Anybody else? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi fellow ducks! I am pretty new in the pond still, but I am going to try for the half-marathon on the 21st. So far 10,000 meters is my longest row, but I think I can do it, if I don't worry about speed. I might have to do it at 1:00am so my 3 month old baby girl will be sleeping and allow me 2 hours to row. Otherwise, it could be a VERY long row. (I can picture myself sitting on the rower, nursing Kasey, giving the chain a pull every so often to keep the monitor active!)<br /><br />Good luck all!<br /><br />- Krysta<br />(Swamp Hen)

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » June 19th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Hi Krysta (aka Swamp Hen) and all the other Ducks!<br /><br />Unfortunately I have gotten sick and so will not be able to do the half-marathon on Tuesday. Hopefully I will feel better soon, so I can get going again. I have missed three days of rowing in a row! <br /><br />Shannon

[old] WebbedFeet

Women's Forum

Post by [old] WebbedFeet » June 19th, 2005, 9:35 pm

I just want to wish you all good luck on the half marathon. I really hope you all do great. I will be in New York on business and could try to blame it on that alone. But in reality, I'm just not ready yet. Hopefully one day soon. But in the meantime, I'm on the sidelines chearing you on. Best of luck!!

[old] mallard

Women's Forum

Post by [old] mallard » June 20th, 2005, 8:37 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canada Goose+Jun 19 2005, 06:04 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canada Goose @ Jun 19 2005, 06:04 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Krysta (aka Swamp Hen) and all the other Ducks!<br /><br />Unfortunately I have gotten sick  and so will not be able to do the half-marathon on Tuesday.  Hopefully I will feel better soon, so I can get going again.  I have missed three days of rowing in a row!  <br /><br />Shannon <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Shannon<br /><br />Sorry to hear you are sick - I can really sympathise. Hope you feel better soon.<br /><br />Krysta - your image of nursing your baby while rowing made me smile! I've rowed with my 2 year old on my lap, had Power Ranger fights with my 5 year old, watched childrens' DVDs with them to try and keep them quiet and many interrupted sessions to get food, drink, take to the toilet or break up junior arguments! It is very different being a rowing Mum compared with the freedom of being able to row undisturbed!<br /><br />Good luck to everyone who is doing the Summer Solstice challenge.<br /><br />Jenny<br /><br />

[old] DavidA

Women's Forum

Post by [old] DavidA » June 21st, 2005, 3:23 pm

Sorry to butt in, but I agree that it is more challenging at times to row with little ones around. I found, however, that it very good at getting them to take naps - the constant whirring of the fan seems very soporific .<br /><br />David<br />

[old] mallard

Women's Forum

Post by [old] mallard » June 21st, 2005, 5:21 pm

Soporific !!! You obviously have not met my two boys!!

[old] edollar

Women's Forum

Post by [old] edollar » July 2nd, 2005, 10:01 am

Congratulations, Gabriela!! You've already rowed more than one million meters since May 1. You are dedicated. It is always fun to watch your meters grow.<br /><br />Ellen <br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » July 2nd, 2005, 11:23 am

Well, I think it's time for the Buffle to check in! I'm still getting settled in from my trip to Vermont and Craftsbury. I have to tell ya - Craftsbury was incredible! <br /><br />The weather was perfect and the people were great! It was really great to meet Harly and spend some time getting to know her!! Hey - I just thought of something! Wouldn't it be fun to get a bunch of Ducks together for a weekend at Craftsbury??? Hmmmmm - food for thought...<br /><br />Anyway - this old Duck took to the water like you wouldn't believe. I fell in love with the single scull. I just couldn't get enough of it. Oh sure, I was exhausted, but I was still ready for more!<br /><br />Harly gave me a tour of the C2 factory. Pretty impressive! I'm ready to get a job there and move! Just don't know what I would be qualified to do! (Tiny obstacle, don't you think?)<br /><br />Okay, so back to reality. Time to do some chores! Keep up the good work everybody.<br />Buffle

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » July 28th, 2005, 9:23 am

As requested by Sue ..just a quick dip in the duck pond. I have been very busy what with training for my 100k charity row in Sept entertaining Canadian cousins and planning Steve's 50th birthday bash .<br /><br />The training is going well been doing 20k a day for last few weeks and after having a day off on Monday I attempted a 5k pb..... I did it went sub 20mins for the first time looks like the leg is almost fixed now . 19.56 AT 27SPM YEHAA<br /><br />Anyone know how Gabby did?????

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » August 3rd, 2005, 7:45 am

Hi Carole!<br />Thanks for dropping in. Sounds like you're pretty much back to your old self! I'm still spending most of my time on the water.<br /><br />I haven't heard about Gabby yet. I wandered over to the website link on her post but couldn't quite figure it out. I hope we hear from her soon.<br /><br />Keep up the great work!<br />Buffle