Ducks In A Row - Introductions

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » June 6th, 2005, 11:58 pm

Hi Swamp Hen and WebbedFeet! Welcome to the pond! The ducks seem to be multiplying like rabbits!<br /><br />I hope you enjoy DIAR as much as I do!

[old] RowedandRode

Women's Forum

Post by [old] RowedandRode » June 7th, 2005, 5:05 pm

Wow, you duckies really are very motivated - and very close-knit!<br /><br />I'm just a duckling in your pond, but I'm glad I joined. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and watching the metres creep up on the virtual team rankings. This morning we were 7th, which is pretty good stuff!<br /><br />Question: When someone joins a team online, do their total online metres automatically add to the team's total all at once, or does it start to calculate from their next online entry?<br /><br /><i>- Don't pull harder, pull more often.</i>

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » June 7th, 2005, 9:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-RowedandRode+Jun 7 2005, 03:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RowedandRode @ Jun 7 2005, 03:05 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow, you duckies really are very motivated - and very close-knit!<br /><br />I'm just a duckling in your pond, but I'm glad I joined. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and watching the metres creep up on the virtual team rankings. This morning we were 7th, which is pretty good stuff!<br /><br />Question: When someone joins a team online, do their total online metres automatically add to the team's total all at once, or does it start to calculate from their next online entry?<br /><br /><i>- Don't pull harder, pull more often.</i> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hiya RowedandRode,<br /><br />Welcome to the pond! Your total meters should add to the teams all at once as soon as you join.<br /><br />

[old] WebbedFeet

Women's Forum

Post by [old] WebbedFeet » June 7th, 2005, 10:28 pm

Thanks to KathiS and snappyrower for the nice welcome. That is very thoughtful. <br /><br />KathiS, I do want to say that I have read your emails and have enjoyed the story of your weight loss and marriage. It's a great success story in many ways. I have a friend who you remind me of very much, unfortunately, she never met that great guy who could have inspired her like yours did. I wish she had. She's a great gal like yourself. Maybe I need to find a way to get her to buy a c2 and get online. <br /><br />Anyway, thanks to both of you.<br /><br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » June 7th, 2005, 10:47 pm

Hi Ducks!<br /><br />It's a good thing we found such a big pond when we landed in this one! We always have plenty of room!! <br />Welcome to all the newest Ducks! We'll be a force to be reckoned with this year! It's really great to see that there are lots of motivated folks out there.<br /><br />Quack, quack!<br />The Buffle

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » June 7th, 2005, 10:58 pm

Thank you WebbedFeet. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful for having the great fortune of crossing paths with such a wonderful man. I think I am doubly blessed as I know he feels the same way about me. <br /><br />I keep telling my story in hopes of inspiring someone else the way he inspired me.

[old] croft78

Women's Forum

Post by [old] croft78 » June 10th, 2005, 7:22 am

Hello everyone! I've just joined the ducks so this is my first post. I haven't been rowing for a very long time so i'm looking forward to being part of this virtual team. I hope to contribute as much as i can and look forward to reading more excellent advice! Happy weekend

[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » June 10th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Welcome to the pond croft!! and all new ducks around here!<br /><br />EY! I have a question... since I started posting in here, I´ve read the word "DIAR" everywhere, and I still don´t know what it is... could some one tell me please?! <br /><br />Keeo erging!! Quack Quack!

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » June 11th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Hi La Flaca!<br /><br />That's just one of our American shortcuts! DIAR stands for "Ducks in a Row." I had to think about it the first time I saw it too.<br /><br />Welcome to the newest Duck! We're glad to have you. Keep up the good work!<br /><br />The Buffle

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » June 11th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Hi Ducks! <br /><br />I’m 47 y/o, 5’3”, hwt (a goal is to change that!), and I live in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin. I just got my Model D in mid-May, thanks to a very wonderful Internet buddy (thanks, Kate!), and I’ve managed to row over 120,000m in addition to splitting some workout time on my faithful NordicTrack Pro skier that I started using regularly last November. Back in November, I could barely crank out 15 mins on the NT, but now I can do 30-45 mins on the NT, then another 30-45mins on the rower, and I’m doing this 5-6 days/week. I am absolutely hooked on this rower, however! My goals are to improve fitness, and lose 1-2 pounds of weight per week in order to get to my weight goal of 120 pounds. I've lost 26#, but I've got about 55 more to go! <br /><br />I work as a women’s health nurse practitioner…yes, I do pap tests for a living (ducking to miss getting pelted with flying tennis shoes). But I do lots of other stuff as well for women’s health. I used to work in a very busy OB/Gyn practice and with an infertility center. <br /><br />I love the motivational programs that C2 has for rowers, and I WANT THAT MILLION METER T-SHIRT. And this short, fat, very determined Irish-Italian woman will get one. More than one. Then hopefully, we can blow that second adjective outta the water! <br /><br />--Jenny, RNC, another proud member of Ducks in a Row.<br />

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » June 12th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Welcome Jenny! No pelting of tennies from here, we're just glad to have you on board! Never been to the northwoods of wisconsin, but loved appleton and madison. The people of wisconsin were so friendly! <br /><br />Anyway, congrats on the 26#, and good luck on the rest! You're well on your way!<br /><br /><br />snappy rower<br />aka Jessica

[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » June 12th, 2005, 8:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bufflehead+Jun 11 2005, 12:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bufflehead @ Jun 11 2005, 12:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi La Flaca!<br /><br />That's just one of our American shortcuts!  DIAR stands for "Ducks in a Row."  I had to think about it the first time I saw it too.<br /><br />Welcome to the newest Duck!  We're glad to have you.  Keep up the good work!<br /><br />The Buffle <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />WOW! ajaja I fell a little dumb now! <br />Thanks Buffle!!

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » June 13th, 2005, 12:50 am

<!--QuoteBegin-snappyrower+Jun 12 2005, 01:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(snappyrower @ Jun 12 2005, 01:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Welcome Jenny!  No pelting of tennies from here, we're just glad to have you on board!  Never been to the northwoods of wisconsin, but loved appleton and madison.  The people of wisconsin were so friendly!  <br /><br />Anyway, congrats on the 26#,  and good luck on the rest!  You're well on your way!<br /><br /><br />snappy rower<br />aka Jessica <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks, Jessica! I think I've gotten past a plateau on the weight loss. I could tell I was losing inches since my clothes were fitting more loosely, but that scale just didn't wanna budge! I was in that "gaining muscle mass, losing inches, but not losing weight" phase. Then "boom," dropped 3 pounds this last week. I don't want to lose more than 2/wk, but I managed to lose that extra one in spite of the hormonal chocolate binging I did this week. <br /><br />We moved to WI about 8 years ago and just love it up here. And you're right, the folks around here are really, really nice people. I love their accents, too! I'm originally from farm country of Central Illinois, and folks up here think that with my accent, I'm from Kentucky or Tennessee. <br /><br />Again, thanks for the warm welcome, and best of luck with your rowing efforts, too! --jen from WI

[old] Quackers

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Quackers » June 13th, 2005, 11:01 am

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Hi ladies, I'm new here <br /><br />My name's Sara, I'm 28 years old and from Plymouth, England. I have not been indoor rowing very long, probably about 9 weeks but am already hooked!<br /><br />I'm 5'8" and 80kg - have lost 3kg already but have hit a plateau at the moment <br /><br />It's so good to read all your stories here at the forum, you are all such an inspiration. I look forward to 'seeing' you all around!<br /><br />Hugs, Sara </span></span>

[old] ancho

Women's Forum

Post by [old] ancho » June 13th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Hi, Flaca!<br />I've just seen your pic on your profile in the rankings. I think you're rowing on a Cuchinelli. Have just seen some of thoas Argentinian Boats during Spoanish championchips, but didn't have the opportunity of testing one. How do they feel?<br />Saludos, si alguna vez pasas por Barcelona, avisa! En CEU-rem tenemos un buen equipo de chicas!<br /><br />Have a nice row