Ducks In A Row - Introductions

read only section for reference and search purposes.
LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » March 22nd, 2005, 10:04 am

Hi Sailorgirl and Mallard! Thanks for adding your meters to the Ducks. We look forward to reading your posts and counting up your meters.<br /><br />Best - Harly<br />aka LindaM

[old] sailorgirl

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sailorgirl » March 22nd, 2005, 11:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-KathiS+Mar 21 2005, 10:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(KathiS @ Mar 21 2005, 10:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Sailorgirl, welcome to the pond!<br /><br />Any meters you have logged in your personal logbook for this season will count towards the team.  It looks like you have about 60K, does that sound right?  <br /><br />Great to have you on the team! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Kathi,<br />Thanks for the reply. Yes, about 60K sounds accurate. I had been rowing for a while before the logs, but didn't realize that there was way of tracking meters via a log site, etc.... I finally have my kiddos' colds = this will be a light week for me, but will continue to log in the meters anyway, every bit counts!

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » March 23rd, 2005, 12:07 am

Hi,<br /><br />I just joined the Ducks in a Row team. Since I am from northern Canada, I decided to become a Canda Goose! <br />I am 37 and a heavyweight. I live in the Yukon Territory in Canada. <br />I have had a rower that I have used sporadically for years, but I find the challenges really help me stay motivated.<br />I don't usually log my metres on the computer, but now that I am on Ducks in a Row, I will!<br />I hope I am doing this right as I have never written to one of these forums.<br /><br />Shannon aka Canada Goose

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » March 23rd, 2005, 12:29 am

Canada Goose - Hi! Welcome to the Pond! I really find the challenges keep me motivated too. The March Madness challenge has kept me rowing at least 5000 meters on all my workout days!<br /><br />Sailorgirl - You're quite welcome! Hope you are feeling better real soon!

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » March 23rd, 2005, 8:41 am

Canada Goose/Shannon - You are doing everything just right! Thanks for adding your meters to the Ducks. We'll look forward to hearing stories from the Yukon on the board. How long do you have snow and ice where you live? We're making maple syrup in Vermont now - it's 20 degrees at night, 40 degrees during the day. Snow is melting but the lakes are still frozen over. The erg is still my main exercise during the week. <br /><br />-Harly/Linda

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » March 23rd, 2005, 9:28 am

Well, the Buffle couldn't resist just one more post before heading across the big pond! Welcome to all of the new Ducks! We're glad you joined us!<br />I have found that the team keeps me motivated, especially when I read other Duck's success stories. Even the posts about difficulties we encounter are helpful. <br />I hope I can get on a computer over the next week. Otherwise, I will miss all the updates from the flock! Have a great week rowing!<br />Bufflehead

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » March 23rd, 2005, 2:54 pm

<br />We keep our snow into April usually. Still have lots left this year, but it is pretty icy. It is dropping down to about -7 Celcius at night, but warms up a bit during the day. I've always wanted to check out how to make maple syrup. Maple trees don't grow in the Yukon.<br /><br />Shannon<br /><br /><br /> How long do you have snow and ice where you live? We're making maple syrup in Vermont now - it's 20 degrees at night, 40 degrees during the day. Snow is melting but the lakes are still frozen over. The erg is still my main exercise during the week. <br /><br />-Harly/Linda <br />[/quote]<br /><br />

[old] Dawnald_duck

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Dawnald_duck » March 24th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Hello, everyone! My name is Dawn, I'm 32, from Virginia, and a slow but steadily improving erger. You can see my photo toward the last pages of the 5K & fewer rankings. <br />I'm working on getting back in shape... oh, who am I kidding?! I've never been in great shape, but I decided last year that I didn't want to put off the goal any longer. Last year I would have laughed at the thought of getting through 5K nearly every day for a month, but I am so pleased that I'm actually doing it (March Madness!), I decided I wanted to "share" my meters with some other dedicated women. I've managed to log a little over 250K online since I started (barring some injury breaks).<br />Thanks for the inspiration!

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » March 25th, 2005, 12:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawnald_duck+Mar 24 2005, 08:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Dawnald_duck @ Mar 24 2005, 08:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hello, everyone!  My name is Dawn, I'm 32, from Virginia, and a slow but steadily improving erger.  You can see my photo toward the last pages of the 5K & fewer rankings.    <br />I'm working on getting back in shape... oh, who am I kidding?! I've never been in great shape, but I decided last year that I didn't want to put off the goal any longer.  Last year I would have laughed at the thought of getting through 5K nearly every day for a month, but I am so pleased that I'm actually doing it (March Madness!),  I decided I wanted to "share" my meters with some other dedicated women.  I've managed to log a little over 250K online since I started (barring some injury breaks).<br />Thanks for the inspiration! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Dawnald_duck! Great name! Welcome to the pond!<br /><br />My husband used to be from Richmond VA. He has a brother still there that we plan to visit again this year. <br /><br />I wish I had worked on getting back into shape at 32, believe me, you don't want to wait until you are 41 like I did! <br /><br />It's great to have you on our team!

[old] marialbertini

Women's Forum

Post by [old] marialbertini » March 25th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Hi! My name is Mari and I'm 48. I moved from Brazil to Miami 3 years ago. <br />One year ago my son bought a C2 because he used to row in Brazil. I never thought I would like to use it. But after I moved to the US I gained 25 pounds that I want go get rid of. One day my son gave me some instructions on how to use it and I really enjoyed rowing. I'm becoming an addicted to it. All the free time I have I spend rowing. I try to keep my heart beats around 70% of my capacity, so I can't row too hard. It gets high very quickly. I think it is because I'm not very well conditioned. Since 03/03/05 when I started rowing I've only lost 3 pounds and I don't think it's very impressive maybe it is because I'm gaining muscles? I hope so. My only regular exercise before was yoga which I've done for the last 20 years. I hope you can understand my English since my first language is Portuguese. <br />

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » March 26th, 2005, 1:54 am

Hi Mighty Duck! Welcome to the Pond! It so exciting to see the team grow! I think your English is great! <br /><br />I am no expert, but I would suspect that you are turning fat into muscle and thus not losing as much weight as you might have thought. You will probably notice a difference in the way your clothes fit as if this is the case, you will more than likely be losing inches (which in my humble opinion is more important than pounds)!<br />

[old] Avid Napper

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Avid Napper » March 26th, 2005, 5:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-KathiS+Mar 26 2005, 12:54 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(KathiS @ Mar 26 2005, 12:54 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am no expert, but I would suspect that you are turning fat into muscle and thus not losing as much weight as you might have thought.  You will probably notice a difference in the way your clothes fit as if this is the case, you will more than likely be losing inches (which in my humble opinion is more important than pounds)! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm no expert either, but I've been rowing quite regularly since late December, and while I've only lost about 10 pounds without serious dieting (no small feat at 45, actually), I have noticed that my clothes seem to have changed shape on me .<br /><br />It seems my shoulders are bigger and I'm a wee bit taller (or several pairs of pants shrunk simultaneously--length-wise only). And energy--I have so much more energy than before I rowed (when I was an inert mass holding down furniture, truth be told). <br /><br />These results are not what I expected, perhaps, but signs of progress, nonetheless. <br /><br />And I just want to thank everyone for their comments here--I was feeling lethargic yesterday (I think spring is finally coming to Massachusetts, USA, and it was making me sleepy), and reading your stories inspired me to row 10K (much more than the 0K that was on my "to do" list for the day): THANKS!<br /><br />Ann/Avid Napper<br /><br />

[old] Daisy Duckling

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Daisy Duckling » March 28th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Hi! I'm new to Ducks in a Row! My name is Santana and my duck name is Daisy Duckling. I'm 9 years old and I'm Canada Goose's duckling. I won't get you TOO many meters, but I can definately get a few! <br /><br />

[old] Dawnald_duck

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Dawnald_duck » March 28th, 2005, 5:37 pm

Hello, Daisy Duckling! I must say I am quite partial to your moniker. I hope you have fun racking up the meters with the Ducks! (Canada Goose - Way to go as a role model!!)<br /><br />KathiS -- Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I saw your photo a few pages ago, and I'd say you look fantastic! Congratulations on all of your success so far, and I look forward to cheering you on for more!<br /><br />-Dawn

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » March 28th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Mighty Duck - Your English is fabulous. Teach us a little Portuguese too. How do you say Ducks in a Row in Portuguese? <br /><br />Dawnald Duck - I love your comment in your profile, and we're proud to be home to the "athletically shy" as well as the "elite", too. <br /><br />Daisy Duckling - I think you should get a prize for being the youngest duckling, so far! How about a new title to go with your name: Princess Daisy Duckling? <br /><br />Welcome all you new Ducks. Thanks to you for adding your meters!