Challenge?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] LittleBit

Women's Forum

Post by [old] LittleBit » December 16th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Hi Ducks:<br />Well last night I figured if I could still breath I could row, so I did! It was pretty slow too, but no matter. I think I sweated the nasty stuff out of my system, because I woke up feeling much better today. All is not lost after all - I'm going to make the little HC yet!! <br />Jen: So glad you like snow - that much down here in southern Indiana would stop life as we know it - 2 inches pretty much closes the schools and everything else!!<br />Buffles - way to go to get a strong finish for your HC. Surgery is Monday right?? What time, so I can send positive thoughts your way!! <br />Well - got to quack along back to work - Catherine<br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » December 16th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Way to go Emilia and Pam!!! Great job of finishing the Challenge! <br /><br />Looks like a few more of us will be done soon too.<br /><br />Hi Little Bit! Yeah, it's Monday afternoon. I'll soon have a brand new knee! What an unusual Christmas present to myself! Thanks for the good wishes!<br /><br />Catch up with you all later,<br />Buffle

[old] Iliana

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Iliana » December 17th, 2005, 12:28 pm

Well, around 2k to go and I'll have finished the 100k challenge (yay!) but it's looking doubtful as to whether I'll manage the 200k (bah!) --and I REALLY want the pin! I've been averaging (roughly) 9k or so p/day starting on Dec 1, and to do the 200k I'd have to do a little more than 2 hours or 20k p/day until the 24th, and what with all the scarves & hats I need to finish knitting before Christmas, it seems unlikely. But I'll keep up at least with an hour/10k p/day, and we'll see what happens.<br /><br />I reckon that the important story is that I'm rowing around an hour every day, my knee is holding out, my blood sugars are dropping steadily (yahoo!) and I'm getting incrementally skinnier :-)<br /><br />Woo! Keep up the rowing & the encouraging posts!<br /><br />../Iliana<br />

[old] rspenger

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rspenger » December 17th, 2005, 5:24 pm

O.K. So my logbook reports that I have done over 200 km for the Holiday Challenge. What is the significance of this and what, if anything, am I supposed to do about it?<br /><br />Bob S.

[old] Citroen

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Citroen » December 17th, 2005, 6:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rspenger+Dec 17 2005, 09:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rspenger @ Dec 17 2005, 09:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->O.K. So my logbook reports that I have done over 200 km for the Holiday Challenge. What is the significance of this and what, if anything, am I supposed to do about it?<br /><br />Bob S. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You can download and print the certificate. You can download the T-shirt transfer design.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.com/sranking03/log_challenges.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/sranking03/log_ ... asp</a><br />

[old] rspenger

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rspenger » December 17th, 2005, 8:04 pm

[quote=Citroen,Dec 17 2005, 03:24 PM] <br />[/quote]<br /><br />You can download and print the certificate. You can download the T-shirt transfer design.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.com/sranking03/log_challenges.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/sranking03/log_ ... ges.asp</a> <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Thank you, Citroen. I have downloaded (slooow with a telephone modem) the certificate and printed it. It is quite well done. I think I'll pass on the T-shirt and sweatshirts, but I see on that website that they will be sending out pins after January 4th, which is a nice touch.<br /><br />regards,<br /><br />Bob S.<br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » December 18th, 2005, 10:39 am

Hi Ducks and all those Honorary Ducks out there!<br /><br />As of last night, I only have 7500 meters to go to finish up the challenge. I'm really thankful that my knee has cooperated during this time. Had this been a couple of months ago, I doubt I could have put in so many meters. I want to thank all of you for keeping me going!! <br /><br />Tonight I will do the last bit after the Redskins/Cowboys game. Wouldn't want to miss the big annual football party! Besides, I will need to row off some of that spaghetti. <br /><br />I'll drop back in the pond before I leave tomorrow to let you know if mission was accomplished. A sweatshirt never looked so good! <br /><br />Go Ducks!<br />Buffle

[old] Hapa

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Hapa » December 18th, 2005, 2:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bufflehead+Dec 18 2005, 07:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bufflehead @ Dec 18 2005, 07:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Ducks and all those Honorary Ducks out there!<br /><br />As of last night, I only have 7500 meters to go to finish up the challenge.  I'm really thankful that my knee has cooperated during this time.  Had this been a couple of months ago, I doubt I could have put in so many meters.  I want to thank all of you for keeping me going!! <br /><br />Tonight I will do the last bit after the Redskins/Cowboys game.  Wouldn't want to miss the big annual football party!  Besides, I will need to row off some of that spaghetti. <br /><br />I'll drop back in the pond before I leave tomorrow to let you know if mission was accomplished.  A sweatshirt never looked so good!  <br /><br />Go Ducks!<br />Buffle <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good luck on the HC and your upcoming knee surgery and anticipated congrats on completing the HC! I'm sure being in good health will make your recovery time easier after the surgery.<br /><br />Aiko

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm

I just finished up the HC by rowing over 11k today, so I'm DONE!! Yay! As of today, I have 200,717 meters in for the HC. <br /><br />Okay, at least one of the pace ducks has hit it Buffle, so it's up to you now. I know you'll do it, you're so close, and you worked hard to get there by doing most of your rowing on the weekends. <br /><br />Lots of positive thoughts will be coming your way during your surgery tomorrow and for your recovery period. If I don't quack at ya any more today, get back online as soon as ya feel up to it after your surgery. We'll missya until then!<br /><br />I already ordered my t-shirt and sweatshirt. I'm so excited I was able to do this. So thanks, Buffle for giving me that extra push (after all, you *forced* me to be a pace duck!), and thanks to all the Ducks for your great stories which gave me lots of motivation and inspiration.<br /><br />Happy HC and Merry Christmas!<br /><br />--Jen in Wi

[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » December 19th, 2005, 2:47 am

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted suggestions on how to stay motivated to row after the Holiday Challenge. Looks like I shouldn't have worried...just being part of this online community seems like it keeps people busy enough. Now there's the January challenge, I've already made a commitment to do a marathon in April with another duck, and I still want to make 2 million meters. It looks like I might have to learn how to row in my sleep.<br /><br />My next task will be finding myself a nice duck name.<br /><br />Emilia

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » December 19th, 2005, 9:29 am

Last splash for a while! <br /><br />Yup, I did it Woolsy! I knocked out the last 7500 last night. Thanks for being the official pace Duck! I'll order my hoody when I get home.<br /><br />I see there's been lots of activity on this forum. I only wish I had a little more time to read everything. Hey - maybe I'll sneak into the nurse's station and get online tomorrow! <br /><br />Thanks to everyone for all the good thoughts being sent my way. Well, this old duck needs to head out now. Keep up the great work everybody! I'll waddle back to the pond as soon as I can. <br /><br />Go Ducks!<br />Buffles

[old] RowedandRode

Women's Forum

Post by [old] RowedandRode » December 19th, 2005, 9:50 am

I finished my 2005 C2 200K Holiday Challenge this morning. It was great, and I even managed to hit the 2nd place spot in the rankings for LWW 30-39 in the half marathon last week. My hands look like ground beef! I ordered a hoodie this morning. Tomorrow morning I'm going for a long run.<br /><br />Happy rowing and merry Christmas to all,<br />M.

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 19th, 2005, 10:29 am

<!--QuoteBegin-RowedandRode+Dec 19 2005, 09:50 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RowedandRode @ Dec 19 2005, 09:50 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I finished my 2005 C2 200K Holiday Challenge this morning. It was great, and I even managed to hit the 2nd place spot in the rankings for LWW 30-39 in the half marathon last week. My hands look like ground beef! I ordered a hoodie this morning. Tomorrow morning I'm going for a long run.<br /><br />Happy rowing and merry Christmas to all,<br />M. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />RowedandRode, you're back! Haven't heard from ya's in awhile and I missed you. Congrats on finishing your HC adn for the 2nd place spot. Nice job! Hey, try the cotton toddler socks on the handles of the erg--Shannon (Canada Goose) used them in her full marathon, and I used them for the last couple of days. They work really well.

[old] Jemima

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Jemima » December 19th, 2005, 12:18 pm

I finished this morning. It was so hard. I've been rowing extra for the past few days. I did 15,000 on Saturday and that's my highest ever in one day. Today I only had 8786 to do but I wanted to stop from 5000 onwards. My back was hurting and I pushed myself.<br /><br />My next goal is to get to the end of my first million this rowing season. I have to row 7,000 a day to do that, so that looks achievable.<br /><br />Tina

[old] holladay

Women's Forum

Post by [old] holladay » December 19th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Way to go Tina! <br />Wonderful persistence!<br /><br />You can do the Million! I too have a goal of finishing my first Million by the end of the season! Let's do it!<br /><br />Susan aka Wood Duck