Challenge?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » December 9th, 2005, 12:50 am

Hi Jen,<br /><br />I looked on RowPro and it said that I had burned 2,259 calories! That's a full daily allotment as far as I can tell.<br /><br />As far as my marathon mug, I'm not a big alcoholic drink fan, just never developed a taste for it I guess. I do have a nice fruit smoothie with soy milk every morning for breakfast, so I'll bet that's what I have in my new glass. <br /><br />And I am definately not doing another marathon next week!<br /><br />Shannon

[old] Yukon John

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Yukon John » December 9th, 2005, 1:03 am

We're proud of you Shan . Signed, your family, Santana, Zeb and John.

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » December 9th, 2005, 2:05 am

I'm a bit behind on the Holiday Challenge! Right now I've only got 70K in. Tonight I planned to do an HM at my last year's pb pace, and was right on schedule for a new pb, but at the hour point found the tendons on the backs of my knees hurting oddly. That sort of thing I usually am careful about (as opposed to just plain tired or sore muscles.) So I stopped at one hour and logged a 60 min. piece instead. <br /><br />It's been a while since I did any "long rows" (HMs or FMs) so I guess it will be pretty close to Christmas before I do my first FM of this season. Probably it will end up being on 12/24 when I have to do 40K to make the challenge! <br /><br />Goal for FM is 3:00:00. That's not going to feel very good....

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 9th, 2005, 11:02 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canada Goose+Dec 9 2005, 12:50 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canada Goose @ Dec 9 2005, 12:50 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Jen,<br /><br />I looked on RowPro and it said that I had burned 2,259 calories!  That's a full daily allotment as far as I can tell.<br /><br />As far as my marathon mug, I'm not a big alcoholic drink fan, just never developed a taste for it I guess.  I do have a nice fruit smoothie with soy milk every morning for breakfast, so I'll bet that's what I have in my new glass.  <br /><br />And I am definately not doing another marathon next week!<br /><br />Shannon <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hee!Hee! <br /><br />Naw, I couldn't imagine doing a marathon row each week, either! I already waddle like a duck, and that would just make it a lot worse. But hey, I *am* a duck.... <br /><br />One wine cooler, and it's naptime for me! I can't do the alcohol stuff very well, either. That smoothie sounds good though....<br /><br />Nice job rowing off those calories! Are you able to sit yet? <br /><br />--Jen

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » December 9th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Wow Canada Goose!!<br /><br />You blew the feathers right off my pokey time for a marathon!! (I can't even keep up with grams' time.) But, that's O.K. Somehow, the feeling you get when you finally stand up from rowing the marathon is enough of a reward for me! I remember that I was flying high that day! Great job!! We're all very proud of you!<br /><br />This old duck is gonna have to get on the stick (er, uh, I mean rower ) to get the last 95K done by the 18th. I have been fighting a pesky cold this past week, so I've taken a little extra rest time. But, I see my Pace Duck is getting way ahead of me, so I better get at it!!<br /><br />I'm greatly encouraged by all the new Ducks out there having a go at the Challenge. You keep me going! After all, we wouldn't want the older Ducks setting a bad example, now would we?<br /><br />Hey - how about some of you shy ones joining in the conversation? We would love to hear how you're doing! You have no idea how much it helps to read about other folks' progress. And of course we want to keep hearing from all the other women out there. We aren't an exclusive flock!! We love it when we get visitors in the pond!!<br /><br />Keep up the great work everybody!<br />The Buffle

[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » December 9th, 2005, 2:30 pm

Gee, these forums are great! It is super having everyone commenting when you do a big row or get a PB. Most everyone I know that isn't part of my family, just looked at me funny when I told them I was planning on doing a marathon on my rowing machine. Well to tell the truth, my son might have looked at me funny too! Anyway, thanks for all the support Ducks, and other visitors to the pond!<br /><br />Shannon

[old] Krysta Coleman

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » December 10th, 2005, 3:05 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Dec 9 2005, 01:17 PM in the Taff Attack thread--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Dec 9 2005, 01:17 PM in the Taff Attack thread)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->WARNING: THE ARE DUCKS ON OUR TAIL.<br /><br />Come on Taffs we need to log more metres. <br />It's a good job I've added 300K in the last two weeks. <br /><br />The Ducks in a Row are now only 300K behind. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Taff Attack is struggling to hang on to 6th place in the rankings - <b>we're less than 100k behind them now</b> and have them running scared! Keep up the good work Ducks - keep on rowing!<br /><br />- Krysta<br />(Swamp Hen)

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 10th, 2005, 12:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Krysta Coleman+Dec 10 2005, 03:05 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Krysta Coleman @ Dec 10 2005, 03:05 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Dec 9 2005, 01:17 PM in the Taff Attack thread--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Dec 9 2005, 01:17 PM in the Taff Attack thread)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->WARNING: THE ARE DUCKS ON OUR TAIL.<br /><br />Come on Taffs we need to log more metres. <br />It's a good job I've added 300K in the last two weeks. <br /><br />The Ducks in a Row are now only 300K behind. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Taff Attack is struggling to hang on to 6th place in the rankings - <b>we're less than 100k behind them now</b> and have them running scared! Keep up the good work Ducks - keep on rowing!<br /><br />- Krysta<br />(Swamp Hen) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hee!Hee! Thanks for the update, Swamp Hen! <br /><br />Power tens, power tens! Let's get 'em, ducks! <br /><br />

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 10th, 2005, 5:04 pm

And OBTW to any new Ducks out there--don't forget to log any meters you've done since the 2005 rowing season started, May 1st, 2005. Might as well get credit for the work you've done! <br /><br />--Jen in WI

[old] efg

Women's Forum

Post by [old] efg » December 10th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Hello Ducks,<br /><br />I had a few busy busy days which prevented me from rowing, but I got a chance today. I'm up to 127, 496 m, and I'm hoping to row again today. Only got to do 25 minutes before being interrupted by my family. I have to go to an office party today, so rowing first should help. I tend to be a lot more picky about my food choices when I'm rowing regularly.<br /><br />Emilia

[old] Hapa

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Hapa » December 10th, 2005, 7:47 pm

Well, I just signed on as a new Duck, and registered on the Forum, so I added my total of over 400,000 meters to our team! This will be my third time trying for the 200,000 HC and am right on track. The first year I got a really back back strain that put me out, last year I got sick, so third time's a charm!<br /><br />Here's to that shirt this year!<br /><br />Hapa

[old] holladay

Women's Forum

Post by [old] holladay » December 10th, 2005, 8:28 pm

Welcome Hapa!<br /><br />Thanks for the meters! As of 7:20 PM EST Ducks are #6!<br />220,019 ahead of Taff Attack. <br /><br />I added 11,000 today and am now HALF way to my FRIST t-shirt! Took 15 days to get half way. I only have 12 days left before vacation. I better stay focused! I had to make my own 100 K last year!<br /><br />Susan the Wood Duck<br /><br />

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » December 10th, 2005, 9:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-holladay+Dec 11 2005, 12:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(holladay @ Dec 11 2005, 12:28 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Welcome Hapa!<br /><br />Thanks for the meters! As of 7:20 PM EST Ducks are #6!<br />220,019 ahead of Taff Attack. <br /><br />I added 11,000 today and am now HALF way to my FRIST t-shirt! Took 15 days to get half way. I only have 12 days left before vacation. I better stay focused! I had to make my own 100 K last year!<br /><br />Susan the Wood Duck <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Congratulations, Ducks! You're quite a flock!<br /><br />Now, if you can get your average meters per member up about 500K more, you'll really beat us Taffs.

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 10th, 2005, 10:51 pm

<br />Congratulations, Ducks! You're quite a flock!<br /><br />Now, if you can get your average meters per member up about 500K more, you'll really beat us Taffs. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Hey there, Carla!<br /><br />I checked out Taff Attack's team page, and you folks have some seeeeerious rowers in there! The leader on your board has over 9 million meters, and that's quite an accomplishment! And judging from some of the pictures, some members are quite the characters. Lotsa fun folks there. <br /><br />And if the Ducks can't keep 6th place, we'll at least have fun keepin' the heat on y'all, hee!hee! Good fun, and it makes me want to keep rowing and piling up those meters on days when I'd rather be a couch tater. So I've gotta thank Taffs for that! <br /><br />How are you doing with your HC? I think I have about 60k left to go for the 200k challenge. I fell behind this week--too much stuff going on. <br /><br />--Jen

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » December 10th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Hey Jen,<br /><br />Ditto that on Dwayne "Speedy" Adams! I'm below average on the Taff team and aspire to be just an average Taff one of these days.<br /><br />I'm at around 70K on the HC. That means 10K a day for the remaining 13 days, unless I double up so I can take some days off. I may muster up the courage to do a marathon near the end.<br /><br />You guys have great team spirit, not to mention that your Row of Ducks is a really long Row!<br /><br /><br />