Hey Ducks...i'm Going To Make The Challenge

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 22nd, 2005, 1:13 pm

Anybody else out there about to make it through their first holiday challenge? What a feeling to know you're going to make it... isn't it just Ducky!! <br /><br />I love being a member of the Ducks in a Row virtual team, and even though I'm SLOW... I'm pulling away. Here I am at 89,500 meters into the 2005 holiday challenge, and just realizing that THIS TIME I'm going to MAKE IT!!! I started last year's and pooped out, but I didn't have the Ducks forum to cheer me on.<br /><br /> What a great holiday gift twe give oneselves... fitness and improved cardiovascualr system... not to mention NO MORE FAT WOBBLY ARMS. <br /><br />Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all you ducks out there. I'll see you on the other side of the pond!! signed... I'll be Rubber Ducky

[old] Hapa

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Hapa » December 22nd, 2005, 2:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rhorva@hotmail.com+Dec 22 2005, 10:13 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rhorva@hotmail.com @ Dec 22 2005, 10:13 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anybody else out there about to make it through their first holiday challenge? What a feeling to know you're going to make it... isn't it just Ducky!! <br /><br />I love being a member of the Ducks in a Row virtual team, and even though I'm SLOW... I'm pulling away. Here I am at 89,500 meters into the 2005 holiday challenge, and just realizing that THIS TIME I'm going to MAKE IT!!! I started last year's and pooped out, but I didn't have the Ducks forum to cheer me on.<br /><br /> What a great holiday gift twe give oneselves... fitness and improved cardiovascualr system... not to mention NO MORE FAT WOBBLY ARMS. <br /><br />Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all you ducks out there. I'll see you on the other side of the pond!! signed... I'll be Rubber Ducky <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Way to go! As long as you're improving on your goals and fitness, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are. I'm almost done with the 200,000 HC, only ~8,500 meters left so I'm planning on finishing today. It's my third attempt, last year I got to about 150,000 after getting sick. Third time's a charm!<br /><br />Good luck with the rest of your meters and next year maybe the 200,000 challenge?<br /><br />Aiko

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 22nd, 2005, 8:53 pm

Hey Rubber Ducky!<br /><br />Every bit that you can row means "you're winning!" So keep on plugging away--the numbers will get better and better. Nice job on getting your HC, too. It'll feel really good to see those last few meters run on the PM, hey?<br /><br />And you're right about the flabby arms! My "wings" are much more trim now, between the weight I've lost and the firming up of my triceps. Now if I can do the same thing "farther south." <br /><br />You too, Aiko! You'll hit that HC! Way to go.<br /><br />--Jen

[old] Schmern

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Schmern » December 23rd, 2005, 9:40 pm

First challenge ever is now at 86,653. Just did 5k and will do more in a bit. The deadline creepeth ever closer!

[old] woolsmith

Women's Forum

Post by [old] woolsmith » December 23rd, 2005, 11:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Schmern+Dec 23 2005, 09:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Schmern @ Dec 23 2005, 09:40 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First challenge ever is now at 86,653. Just did 5k and will do more in a bit. The deadline creepeth ever closer! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Great job, Schmern! And you're sooooo close, hang in there!! We'll be quacking for ya. <br /><br />--Jen

[old] rhorva@hotmail.com

Women's Forum

Post by [old] rhorva@hotmail.com » December 24th, 2005, 5:20 pm

QUACK QUACK QUACK!! I just made it!!! Go Ducks, don't give up before you close in on your goal.<br /><br />Merry Christmas everyone.

[old] Schmern

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Schmern » December 24th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Whew done! *clinks hard lemonade bottle and ibu*

[old] Kelebek

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Kelebek » December 25th, 2005, 1:21 am

Just keep on going with it, bit by bit knock it off. I did my first Winter Challenge this year and clocked over 300,000. It was hard as it is the NZ summer and hot and humid. I blistered my hands up in the end but I was determined to get to a million before the four guys I was racing at the local gym. I did, ducks win again. Every metre counts and every time I get on the rower I think ' ah well 1 metre down 9,999 to go'. <br /><br />It does firm your arms up. I realised that I might be getting somewhere when I went to a Joe Cocker concert and was clapping along and there was no lower arm wobble anymore. Everything apart from my tum has firmed up - I stop and my body stops right along with me.... it used to be a while before my rump caught up with me! <br /><br />Have a great Xmas. It is all over here now.