500 Meters On The 5th

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Canada Goose

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Canada Goose » October 5th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Hello Ducks,<br /><br />It is time for 500 metres on the 5th!<br /><br />I did my 500 metre race today and got a new PB - 1:59.5 <br /><br />Can you tell that I'm really happy about finally breaking the 2 minute barrier?! I beat my old time by exactly one second. That puts me 21 out of 44 or 48% and I get an extra 7 nonathlon points!<br /><br />Shannon

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » October 5th, 2005, 9:56 pm

well done Shannon ...

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » October 5th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot what day it was!! I'll have to do mine tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll do both 500 meters and 30-minute Thursday... or maybe not. Stay tuned... Anyway, thanks for reminding me. And good job, Shannon!<br /><br />By the way, I've been wondering... what are nonathon points?<br />Robin

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » October 6th, 2005, 6:56 am

Robin.... it's a league that takes into account your age/weight /sex and converts your times for points ... just a bit of extra competition ... here is the link get signed up ..... <br /> <a href='http://www.nonathlon.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.nonathlon.com/</a><br />

[old] Daisy Duckling

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Daisy Duckling » October 7th, 2005, 1:33 am

Hi Ducks! I did the 500 meter race a smidgin late and got a new PB BY 4.6 SECONDS!!!!

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » October 7th, 2005, 8:51 am

Way to go Daisy Duckling!!!!!<br /><br />You are doing a fantastic job! I'm glad to see you're making such great progress!<br /><br />(Now - what were you doing up so late on a school night? )<br /><br /><br />The Buffle<br /><br />(BTW- I did a 10K last night. I'm not quite ready to push a fast pace yet.)<br />

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » October 7th, 2005, 11:36 am

I did 500 meters on the 6th - a day late, but not a dollar short because I still got my paycheck on the 5th! And I got an increase! But I didn't get an increase in my 500 meter standing. <br /><br />I probably shouldn't have tried to do it after being sick earlier in the week and having to take it slow up until then. I hadn't done anything to work up to it all month. So, anyway those are my excuses for a poor performance.<br /><br />I did 2:17.4 when the month before I did it in 2:13.1 and my August time was even better than today at 2:17.1. So, I'm going to keep last month's time on the books Oh well, this month I'll have to pay attention to the dates and work up to it. The Skeleton Crew Challenge should help me with that. I'll be gone out of town for the first part of that week so when I get back, I'll be motivated to work hard. Hopefully I'll have it in me!<br /><br />Thanks ladies for the encouragement by just doing this with me. I know it wouldn't be as motivating to do it on my own.<br /><br />Robin

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » November 5th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Okay. Today is the 5th of November so I did my monthly 500 meters on the 5th and I beat the stuffing out of my last month's time! Last month I did it in 2:17.4 and today I shaved off 4.1 seconds for a time of 2:13.2.<br /><br />It's not quite my Personal Best because in September I did it in 2:13.1. So I didn't move up in the standings, but stayed ranked 57 of 73 in the WH40+ category. But I'm pleased to be "back in the saddle" after a disappointing October showing (which I didn't bother to rank!) Next month I'll try to remember to prepare ahead of time like I did this time. I did some hard intervals about every other day for the past week. I think that helped.<br /><br />Anyone else up for a 500 meter ranking challenge?<br /><br />Robin

[old] cuserower02

Women's Forum

Post by [old] cuserower02 » December 5th, 2005, 8:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-sirrobin+Nov 5 2005, 03:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(sirrobin @ Nov 5 2005, 03:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Okay. Today is the 5th of November so I did my monthly 500 meters on the 5th and I beat the stuffing out of my last month's time! Last month I did it in 2:17.4 and today I shaved off 4.1 seconds for a time of 2:13.2.<br /><br />It's not quite my Personal Best because in September I did it in 2:13.1. So I didn't move up in the standings, but stayed ranked 57 of 73 in the WH40+ category. But I'm pleased to be "back in the saddle" after a disappointing October showing (which I didn't bother to rank!) Next month I'll try to remember to prepare ahead of time like I did this time. I did some hard intervals about every other day for the past week. I think that helped.<br /><br />Anyone else up for a 500 meter ranking challenge?<br /><br />Robin <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Did anyone do it this month?? I feel left out! And it's too late for me to do it tonight. *yawn*

[old] kelley127

Women's Forum

Post by [old] kelley127 » December 5th, 2005, 10:46 pm

I did it this month - I don't do this one very often, but was here tonight and had a few extra minutes tonight. But I've also decided that this isn't my favorite - I'm just not a sprinter I guess - I enjoyed my half marathon on Saturday more. <br /><br />But sometimes, you gotta suck it up and take one for the team. <br /><br />So, not a PB tonight, but it's a few more meters!! <br /><br />Michelle

[old] billandmargaret

Women's Forum

Post by [old] billandmargaret » December 6th, 2005, 12:58 am

I tried the 500m today, but was slower (1:55) than my pb back in August (1:53). Well, at least I tried. I thought today would be a good day after a couple days of longer, slower rows and a day off. I'll have to check back what I did leading up to last time. And I'd better lube the chain again--2 slips during my "race"--though I don't think I can blame my fading leg power on that.<br /><br />Margaret

[old] holladay

Women's Forum

Post by [old] holladay » December 6th, 2005, 12:59 am

I have always wanted to try ths but the 5th has always escaped me and I am not able to read the threads very often.<br /><br />BUT I did it! Technically the time of finishing was 11:43 PM but I got it in on the right day. AND got a whopping PB.<br /><br />SO I registered for the nonathon!<br /><br />THANKS. <br /><br />In fact, I think I will email myself at work and put the 5th on my calendar!<br /><br />I do the holiday row and then loose motivation. Hopefully the 5th and 20 will keep me motivated. I am in a new frustrating and stressful job and have insomnia, grind my teeth and other stress habits like EATING. SO my new strategy is rowing. I got up to snack and read the threads, saw this one and instead of eating rowed a PB and added 2000 to the day! (I just paid $1700 at the dentist to repair my teeth... That's TWO C2 model D!)<br /><br />Susan (the wood duck)

[old] kelley127

Women's Forum

Post by [old] kelley127 » December 6th, 2005, 1:05 am

Excellent! Good work this evening - late night rowing counts too! I started my Holiday Challenge at 12:15 am Thursday morning of Thanksgiving (I was excited so I stayed up late on Wednesday night. Hehe... ) <br /><br />Michelle

[old] sirrobin

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sirrobin » December 6th, 2005, 1:26 am

Whah! I'm so-o-o-o bummed out! I got sick on Thanksgiving Day and have only been able to row 4 or 5 thousand meters about three times since then -- and I had aspirations to make the 200k Holiday Challenge this year, but I don't think I'm going to get the chance at this rate. Today I did row, but decided not to push it. I had to quit at 4k when I started coughing. <br /><br />Next month will be another story!<br /><br />Robin