What Training Have You Done Today??

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 20th, 2005, 6:37 am

Right ladies some of you seem relunctant to post on the main what training thread so I thought I'd start one on the ladies forum .<br /><br />I have done a gentle hour today at 2.35.......................22spm .. felt quite good ... and hopefully plaster is coming off tomorrow ...........

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » February 20th, 2005, 10:52 am

Great idea Carole!<br />Last night I did a very slow 15K. I think I was busier watching the movie "The Green Mile" than paying attention to my rowing. Oh well, better slow than not at all! Today I have to do the interval piece that I didn't get done earlier in the week.<br /><br />I'm glad to see you are back on your rower! I hope you get your cast off!<br />I'm curious Carole - what damper setting do you use? Some of you ladies pull with so much more power than I can manage.<br /><br />Sue

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » February 20th, 2005, 11:26 am

Thanks Carole! I am one of the ones who is reluctant to post on the other thread!<br /><br />Today is my day off, so I will not be rowing. Yesterday I tried doing interval work for the first time. Tomorrow I plan on trying Seat5's interval workout. <br /><br />I must say that I am disappointed that it is my day off, because I really do want to row today. I understand that it is important to give the body a rest day and I haven't had a day off in over a week (my hubby has been out of town, so I have had extra rowing time). So I am forcing myself to rest today. <br /><br />

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 20th, 2005, 12:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bufflehead+Feb 20 2005, 02:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bufflehead @ Feb 20 2005, 02:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm glad to see you are back on your rower!  I hope you get your cast off!<br />I'm curious Carole - what damper setting do you use?  Some of you ladies pull with so much more power than I can manage.<br /><br />Sue <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I row at about 3 n a bit which on my machine is about 125............<br /><br /> another bit of useless info is I race at 28-29spm for a 2k and for a 500 about 34spm as well . <br />

[old] KRed

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KRed » February 20th, 2005, 1:53 pm

So I was wondering about working mostly my upper body and not using my legs much... Well, following all of your advice, I decided to row strapless for the first time! It was a great success! I didn't lose my speed (such as it is!) and my strokes per minute went down! I'm pulling a lot more power per stroke, and actually working my legs!<br /><br />I didn't go as far today because my legs were tiring so much more quickly... I'll keep working, and building back up to 5K a day, then 10, then more! <br /><br />Today I did 3K in about 16:30 minutes at a s/m of 21 at about 2: 45/500m.<br />I used to row a 2:45/500m with a s/m of 25, so this is teaching me a lot!<br /><br />One of these days I'll get to the speeds and distances of the rest of the ladies in this forum

[old] Mary P.

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Mary P. » February 21st, 2005, 9:37 pm

Yesterday: sculled 3+ islands (trip around Naples island, in Long Beach CA) in my single, + several K erging to warm up. Just missed the day's big downpour; lucky timing.<br /><br />Today: long warmup + 5x1500m @ 1:57ish + a few slow miles jogging when the sun broke through for an hour. 5x1500m is a really tiring workout! <br /><br />Tomorrow: rest & lots of spaghetti & meatballs. ymmmmm.

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 22nd, 2005, 6:27 am

\o/ waves at Mary P ..... great to see you here hun .... oh and a bit of news ... whilst at the Manchester Grand Prix ..spoke to some lady water rowers from a local club and they going to drag me down to their lake when I am fit and chuck me in a boat ahgggg .... mmmm wonder if I will turn to the dark side ..ggg

[old] Mary P.

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Mary P. » February 22nd, 2005, 2:06 pm

Carole - Yes, do try water rowing, you'll be hooked! BTW, Concept 2 makes some pretty decent products (the best oars) for water rowing. <br />The dark side? I always thought that was port (strokeside). Ha, ha, Mary

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » February 22nd, 2005, 11:51 pm

Hello! Well, I'd intended on doing a 5000 meter piece tonight, but I got interrupted a few times. Turned out to be a 746, a 1000, and a 4000 meter. Oh well, I felt I really got a work in on the 4000 (slow compared to many but I did it in 21.51 and I really was out of the workout mood by the time I got all my interruptions taken care of, ya know? Right now I'm mostly concentrating on getting back into cardio shape and form, and later I'll work on times a bit more I think. Just need to keep switching up the distances, times, and intervals to keep it interesting. <br /><br />On the other hand, if this motivates anyone out there on the ducks team....we're VERY close to moving up to 49th place, if anyone has some more meters in you! (i know we have some early morning ladies that we can count on!) <br /><br />

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » February 23rd, 2005, 7:04 am

Hey snappy!<br />We're there! <br />I did a 10K last night and an interval workout this morning that totaled 7091. No, I'm not a glutton for punishment - I just have a commitment tonight that will tie up the whole evening. <br />Good job of working out even through all the interruptions! I know how that goes. <br />Uh oh - I better get ready for work. <br />Bufflehead

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » February 23rd, 2005, 11:32 am

Yay Buffle! I knew we could count on you! Sounds like you've cranked out some meters the past few days!

[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » February 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am

HEY! today, I made the 2km test... It was quiet good... I did them in 7.02.2!!, but my best is 5sec less (6.57.0)... consideration the time of the year that we are passing trought, 5 more sec is not much!!.<br /><br />Well, I was thinking in a name for myself... but my imagination isn´t working now (it´s on vacations!! ajaja) any suggestions?.<br /><br />Go Ducks!! keep erging!. <br /><br />La Flaka

[old] arowma

Women's Forum

Post by [old] arowma » February 23rd, 2005, 8:27 pm

Thanks for putting up this topic Carol.<br />I am back after 6 days off. Yuk to that. First work got in the way. Then we went to watch our daughter's first regatta. That was fun, but it reminded me of when she raced & we coached xc-skiing. We never go to ski!!!<br />Yesterday I re-rowed a 5000m and bettered my time. Felt great. Still somehow afraid to do it strapless all the time, so just did my warmdown 1000 foot loose and fancy free. Undecided what I'll do today... now....

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » February 24th, 2005, 12:48 am

Ok, all this talking of strapless rowing got to me....I did my row tonight strapless (except the first 5 minutes when i warmed up). It was very difficult for me. I got into more of a routine at the end and it wasn't so bad. I think it forced me to use my arms more too. I'll try to do a work out every now and then strapless so that i can work on form and technique. Anyway, did 3,195 meters in 21:04.

[old] seat5

Women's Forum

Post by [old] seat5 » February 26th, 2005, 7:40 pm

4 x 5K at 10K PB pace, strpless, 10 MPS, with 5 min rests between. One of them was 2 seconds faster thanthe goal, 2 were right on the money (to the 10th of the second!) and one was .5 seconds slow. <br /><br />I put a pork roast with cranberry sauce glaze in the oven before I started, and it shoulc be ready right when my skiing family returns from Vermont. That smell is making me crazy!!!