LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by bg » December 21st, 2010, 4:59 pm

brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. . I lost my best friend George, my first service dog of 13 years last summer. Red was a great dog. No greater friend can a man have than a trusting dog. He forgives every mistake you make. Never points out your faults, but laughs and encourages you. Ouch, it hurts alot.
jim
oh jim...i am soooo sorry to hear this.......

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » December 21st, 2010, 5:17 pm

rsdavr wrote:Tomorrow, I'll be going "under the knife" to repair my left shoulder. I regret that I'll not be rowing for a while. I'm disappointed not to participate in the January challenge. But...I'll be back! Being a total lunatic since the FRC has been a blast. And I still can't believe how great a contribution indoor rowing has made to my health and recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery in late 2009. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and for all the fun. Remember...I'll be back!
Ross
Take care, and hopefully a speedy recovery...Good luck ...BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » December 21st, 2010, 5:21 pm

brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. . I lost my best friend George, my first service dog of 13 years last summer. Red was a great dog. No greater friend can a man have than a trusting dog. He forgives every mistake you make. Never points out your faults, but laughs and encourages you. Ouch, it hurts alot.
jim
We're with you Jim, sorry to hear that news and for your loss... BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » December 21st, 2010, 7:05 pm

Thank you kind teammates for your sympathy and encouragement. So nice of all of you.
jim

Kona2
Marathon Poster

New teammate

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 8:45 pm

Welcome to the Luna-Herd, Jay K! And, yes, we do know that Jim K is indeed relentless in getting folks to row....just look at the results he gets right there at home! Many Lunies also enjoy cycling, but rowing is pretty addictive, too.

Meanwhile, the number to go towards my own antler lights grows smaller. After entering the latest batch of meters, I've looked at my yearly total....711,117......a palindromic number! Such a geek....! And since that number is going to change before the evening is out, you wont be able to see it later...unless I land on another one...

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Antler Lights!

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Woohoo! Party in the reindeer stable! More antler rattling and high five hoofin' going on than you could ever have predicted! We have FORTY EIGHT reindeer....and all those antler lights are flashing like crazy. Bubba, one of the Arizona reindeer, is busy getting his antler light strand untangled from that saguaro cactus in the corner, though....

... Mitch J / Bubba ....

Congratulations, Mitch J, on achieving the 200K Holiday Challenge Honor Board, getting the pin, and the antler lights!! Woohoo!

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » December 22nd, 2010, 12:23 am

bg wrote:
jim
Jim,
Dogs are family members and it is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. You are in my thoughts!

Karyn

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.21.10

Post by Kona2 » December 22nd, 2010, 11:17 am

ImageImage more rowing days!! Or 2 on the Aussie side of the IDL!

The herd is stomping and snorting in the chill of what is now officially WINTER....Ron/Blitzen was last heard leading his fellow flying reindeer in a rousing rendition of Winter Wonderland while enjoying the solstice bonfire...it was a fine night for "Moon Over Vermont." Meanwhile, our young glowing nose reindeer contingent continues to row lots of meters to see who will be Rudolph! Mario Jackson can see himself in this role...such a tough decision, though, to row or play some more Mario???

Season meters as of 235/365 = 68,688,163 m

Total meters on the day = 431,090 m

Oars in space (participation) = 31 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

5.3 MM Jim K - whew! That's an achievement!
3.9 MM Minnie
1.8 MM Rodrigo
1.4 MM Cathie
700 K K2
500 K Terri H - a cool half million

FOUR Million Meter Watch:

Minnie the Mooner with (84,813 m) to go!

ONE Million Meter Watch: Can they do this by R-Day (Reindeer Day?!)

Mike M with (43,839 m) to go!

Kristine with (97,697 m) to go!

Kenneth G with (106,048 m) to go!

Eight half moons in the skies of our rowing universe...and one really full real one! Looks really close, doesn't it?!

Image Jim leads the herd with 33,529 m posted and earns a half moon
ImageWill S with a half marathon and some extra meters posts 31,097 m and earns a half moon
Image Cathie with 30,850 m posted earns a half moon plus lots
ImageBaz posts 30,000 m for another half moon plus!
Image Rodrigo-go-go with a posting of 25,412 m earns a half moon
ImageRay continues mooning us with a posting of 22,950 m....and shoots over the 800K mark for Holiday Challenge meters rowed...he 10th on the worldwide list in this challenge! Way to row!!
Image Andrea pulls hard and posts 22,280 m for a half moon...and moves closer to her goal!
ImageMinnie the mooner with half marathon # 152 on the rowing year....impressive!

ImageImageImage Holiday Challenge Meters brought to you today by:

Dalton 1,511 m
Mario Jackson 1,750 m
Tris 2,010 m
Bobbie ImageImageImageImage m
Jay 4,000 m
Samuel 4,114 m
Harold and Moggy ImageImageImageImage m :D
Tony ImageImageImageImage m :D
Kenny H misreads the daily tandem code...and rows ImageImageImageImage m
Dan E 5,885 m
Peter G 6,000 m
Mitch TSF 6,000 m
Terri H ImageImageImageImage m
Rick 6,327 m
Jack 6,638 m
Rosi 8,500 m
Tom M 9,155 m
Teresa 9,575 m
Kenneth G 10,000 m
Jim B 10,008 m
Barbara 10,544 m....today might be the day for lights!
Mitch J 11,604 m
Greg H 12,501 m
Dan 13,007 m
Bruce 15,823 m
K2 17,771 m
Jerry 18,250 m
Minnie 21,097 m
Andrea 22,280 m
Ray 22,950 m
Rodrigo 25,412 m
Baz 30,000 m
Cathie 30,850 m
Will S 31,097 m
Jim K 33,529 m

If you're traveling this season....do stay safe! If friends and relatives are descending upon you, rowing is a great stress release.....put them on the erg!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Antler Lights!!!

Post by Kona2 » December 22nd, 2010, 1:34 pm

Fait accomplis! shouted all the reindeer! Lights are flashing in the reindeer stable, and there's a major reindeer alert going on....it's the hoof stompin' network sending out the communication that we have some lights to celebrate!

...Barbara / Starbuck...

Congratulations, Barbara / Starbuck, on achieving the 200K Holiday Challenge Honor Board, earning your pin, and your antler lights (Celtics green)! We knew you'd get it done! Whoop! Whoop!

...Rodrigo / Starburst...

Congratulations, Rodrigo / Starburst, on achieving the 200K Holiday Challenge Honor Board, earning your pin, and your antler lights! Hooyah and way to row!!

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » December 22nd, 2010, 2:13 pm

When do we get to see another visual of all the reindeer with their lights and noses blazing????

Great job to all you recent achievers!

I'm picturing a huge living christmas tree formation (cheerleader fashion). Rudolph on the top of the stack, of course. I guess we have to wait until the challenge is officially over to see how many reindeer deep we can go on our tree. Any chance we can photoshop a composite picture of all the deer stacked like a tree, with all the lights still blinking? Am I asking way too much? I have no idea what the limitations of the blinky picture technology is.
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » December 22nd, 2010, 3:35 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:When do we get to see another visual of all the reindeer with their lights and noses blazing????

I'm picturing a huge living christmas tree formation (cheerleader fashion). Rudolph on the top of the stack, of course. I guess we have to wait until the challenge is officially over to see how many reindeer deep we can go on our tree. Any chance we can photoshop a composite picture of all the deer stacked like a tree, with all the lights still blinking? Am I asking way too much?
Without meaning any offense - Yes, you are! :D AJ and I have prepared the herd photos - it takes a ton of work (one reason to keep some of these things simple!) to do all the matching up of people and reindeer. It has been very fun, but as noted - it can be easy to inadvertently miss someone's accomplishments. We've been matching up the honor board lists with what we have in our photos. The limitations aren't so much on the blinking, but on the format that we can show on the forum...and four reindeer wide is its max. The plan is that the herd will be presented as the window of meter opportunity closes...we won't know who Rudolph is until then....and AJ has devised some special recognitions for the reindeer at the top of the individual honor boards. All will be explained....patience...it's like knowing there are presents under the tree, but you can't open them yet... :lol:

Gyrodon
Paddler

Post by Gyrodon » December 22nd, 2010, 5:33 pm

rsdavr wrote:Tomorrow, I'll be going "under the knife" to repair my left shoulder. I regret that I'll not be rowing for a while. I'm disappointed not to participate in the January challenge. But...I'll be back! Being a total lunatic since the FRC has been a blast. And I still can't believe how great a contribution indoor rowing has made to my health and recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery in late 2009. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and for all the fun. Remember...I'll be back!
Ross
Hey Ross - best of luck with your shoulder surgery. Glad to see a fellow member of the "zipper club" rowing with the Luna-Tics. I am coming up on my second anniversary following my open heart surgery. Rowing with this team has helped alot with my rehab. Sadly I also will not be rowing in the January challenge. I tried coming back a little too soon with broken ribs and set myself back a couple months. Don't let it happen to you. Slow and steady wins the race.

Best of luck

Rich

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » December 22nd, 2010, 5:36 pm

Kona2 wrote:
Kristine Strasburger wrote:When do we get to see another visual of all the reindeer with their lights and noses blazing????

I'm picturing a huge living christmas tree formation (cheerleader fashion). Rudolph on the top of the stack, of course. I guess we have to wait until the challenge is officially over to see how many reindeer deep we can go on our tree. Any chance we can photoshop a composite picture of all the deer stacked like a tree, with all the lights still blinking? Am I asking way too much?
Without meaning any offense - Yes, you are! :D AJ and I have prepared the herd photos - it takes a ton of work (one reason to keep some of these things simple!) to do all the matching up of people and reindeer. It has been very fun, but as noted - it can be easy to inadvertently miss someone's accomplishments. We've been matching up the honor board lists with what we have in our photos. The limitations aren't so much on the blinking, but on the format that we can show on the forum...and four reindeer wide is its max. The plan is that the herd will be presented as the window of meter opportunity closes...we won't know who Rudolph is until then....and AJ has devised some special recognitions for the reindeer at the top of the individual honor boards. All will be explained....patience...it's like knowing there are presents under the tree, but you can't open them yet... :lol:
Sounds very cool. And thanks to the both of you for all the hours you put into making this such a fun place to be. Your creativity astounds me!
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » December 22nd, 2010, 11:36 pm

ImageImageImage

Congratulations, Kaptain Kristine, on achieving NINE million lifetime meters! You're way ahead of last year's totals!

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » December 23rd, 2010, 12:34 am

Gyrodon wrote:Glad to see a fellow member of the "zipper club" rowing with the Luna-Tics. I am coming up on my second anniversary following my open heart surgery.
First, please accept an apology from a non-team member for butting in on the team thread. But as a 7 1/2 year survivor of aortic valve replacement and 3X bypass, I felt impelled to comment. Somehow I never think of myself as a member of the "zipper club," even though the sternum wires are still in there (raising hell with airport alarms), I shudder at the thought of having to have it all opened up again. (It is tissue, not artificial, so it is only supposed to be good for 10 or 12 years.) I do consider pump-head to be a good term for us. It is a great excuse to blame any aberrant behavior as simply being a "pump-head moment."

Bob S.