LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Newest reindeer! Ashlee is.....Jupiter!

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 11:55 am

.....Ashlee / Jupiter ....

There was a great clattering of hooves as smaller feet raced to the reindeer stable. Ashlee tried to be very quiet as she approached the doorway....there was definitely a reindeer nose glowing gold there in the dark! And it was Jupiter!

Congratulations, Ashlee, on achieving the 50K Holiday Challenge Honor Board .... and freeing up a Jupiter, the reindeer for sleigh duty! Whoop! Whoop!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Antler Lights Times Two!

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 12:09 pm

Reindeer are such party animals! All that high five hoofin' and stompin, and the antler rattling! Gem / Kristine's shouts of "Give the herd chocolate cake...!" were indeed heard above the general reindeer noise yesterday evening under an unusually red moon!! (We theorized that there was a Rudolf family doing some flight training in the upper atmosphere...)Yes, we're using heavy duty LED light strands this season....unusual, though, that no battery source is needed...that's that reindeer magic factor...

......Peter G / Syrus ..........

Congratulations, Peter G, on achieving the 200K Holiday Challenge Honor Board, getting the pin, and the ANTLER LIGHTS!

..... Rick / Jangle .....

Congratulations, Rick, on achieving the 200K Holiday Challenge Honor Board, getting the pin, and the ANTLER LIGHTS!

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kristine Strasburger » December 21st, 2010, 12:33 pm

rsdavr wrote:Tomorrow, I'll be going "under the knife" to repair my left shoulder. I regret that I'll not be rowing for a while. I'm disappointed not to participate in the January challenge. But...I'll be back! Being a total lunatic since the FRC has been a blast. And I still can't believe how great a contribution indoor rowing has made to my health and recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery in late 2009. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and for all the fun. Remember...I'll be back!
Ross
Okay, Ross, we will be watching for you. But don't forget, just because you can't be pulling the chain for awhile doesn't mean you can't be cheering the team along. You have a great story, and it is inspiring to hear how your rowing has helped you.

K2, love the sleigh/horse pics! Believe it or not, the Norwegian Fjord is my "dream horse". Keith gives me a funny look when I say I would love to have one of those guys rather than a full-sized horse to ride around. Right now we don't have any large animals, but I grew up riding, and so it is always in the back of my mind to have a horse again someday. Maybe because as I get older being closer to the ground has an appeal I didn't worry about when I was young. :D

And big congratulations to all the recent reindeer achievers! Way to row!!!
☆~Kristine~☆

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » December 21st, 2010, 1:27 pm

Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. . I lost my best friend George, my first service dog of 13 years last summer. Red was a great dog. No greater friend can a man have than a trusting dog. He forgives every mistake you make. Never points out your faults, but laughs and encourages you. Ouch, it hurts alot.
jim

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » December 21st, 2010, 1:36 pm

brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. jim
I am so sorry, Jim. You might have seen this before, but it bears repeating:

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » December 21st, 2010, 1:49 pm

brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. . I lost my best friend George, my first service dog of 13 years last summer. Red was a great dog. No greater friend can a man have than a trusting dog. He forgives every mistake you make. Never points out your faults, but laughs and encourages you. Ouch, it hurts alot.
jim
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss, Jim.
☆~Kristine~☆

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » December 21st, 2010, 2:01 pm

brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. . I lost my best friend George, my first service dog of 13 years last summer. Red was a great dog. No greater friend can a man have than a trusting dog. He forgives every mistake you make. Never points out your faults, but laughs and encourages you. Ouch, it hurts alot.
jim
Sorry to hear about your loss... especially tough during the holidays.
I hope you find another trusting friend and companion.
I'm sure Red and George will continue to be with you in your heart.

Andrea

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » December 21st, 2010, 2:05 pm

just27 wrote:
brotherjim wrote:Sad news to report. My second service dog "Red" was put to sleep an hour ago. jim
I am so sorry, Jim. You might have seen this before, but it bears repeating:

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Beautiful 27. Brought back memories our Brandy, Megan and Patsy. 1 dog 2 cats.

Jim sorry for your loss.

danno
Last edited by Toothdoc on December 21st, 2010, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » December 21st, 2010, 2:06 pm

rsdavr wrote:Tomorrow, I'll be going "under the knife" to repair my left shoulder. I regret that I'll not be rowing for a while. I'm disappointed not to participate in the January challenge. But...I'll be back! Being a total lunatic since the FRC has been a blast. And I still can't believe how great a contribution indoor rowing has made to my health and recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery in late 2009. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words and for all the fun. Remember...I'll be back!
Ross

Ross,

Best of luck Ross! Looking forward to see you back soon!
People like you are great motivators and help getting people like me back into the boat/spaceship :)!

Andrea

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » December 21st, 2010, 2:29 pm

Ross
good luck with your surgery and recovery...looking forward to your return....

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » December 21st, 2010, 2:32 pm

Ross,

Heal fast!! But follow your Dr's orders!

danno

Kona2
Marathon Poster

RE: Red

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 3:30 pm

Jim - that is such sad news to hear of your loss. I am sure that Red was one happy dog since I am sure he knew he had a lot of "jobs," and they are never happier than when they know what job they need to do. And they do indeed laugh and encourage us. I hope that your next service dog will be as happy and lucky as the first two!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Reindeer Alert: Mars and Venus!

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 3:50 pm

Whoa....one of the other reindeer has just informed me that I missed a reindeer naming ceremony a week or so ago...Ross has been quiet about not getting his reindeer. Similarly, Andrea has met her 100K goal for a reindeer...and she needs to race out to the stables also.

....Ross / Mars....

Congratulations, Ross, on achieving the 100K Holiday Challenge Honor Board and freeing up your reindeer, Mars!

....Andrea / Venus....

Congratulations, Andrea, on achieving the 100K Holiday Challenge Honor Board and freeing up your reindeer, Venus!
Last edited by Kona2 on December 21st, 2010, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Another reindeer!

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 3:58 pm

....Tim P / Mercury...

Congratulations, Tim P, on achieving the 100K Holiday Challenge Honor Board and freeing up your reindeer, Mercury!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.20.10

Post by Kona2 » December 21st, 2010, 4:48 pm

Wowzer, the herd is getting restless...they know that sleigh duty calls....and they sure wish more reindeer could fly! Counting up how many reindeer we have is getting tricky as different honor boards may now contain reindeer from other honor boards.... we'll sort it all out!

Tis the season....for lots of lights! Tony has rowed a lucky repeat number Image to zoom across the 200K Holiday Challenge milestone...and you know what that means! Clem the reindeer is now sporting a nice set of antler lights! Congratulations, Tony, on achieving the 200 K Holiday Challenge Honor Board!

... Tony / Clem ....

Season meters as of 234/365 = 68,257,073 m

Total meters on the day = 1,101,700 m :shock: :shock: :shock: Whoa....we've been boomed

Oars in space (participation) = 33 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.0MM Rocket Man
500 K Bruce - a cool half million!
400 K Dalton
200 K Kenny H

Image Reindeer Boomer aka Rocket Man finds his upload cable and booms us with 606,711 m! Sonic boom indeed
Image Ray gets close enough to a full moon to call it good with 42,097 m...must have had a half moon in there!
Image Half moon plus some for Jerry with 32,200 m
Image Half moon plus some for Baz with a posting of 30,000 m
Image Ron posts a half moon plus with 27,024 m
Image Jim K posts 25,150 m and earns a half moon
Image Andrea, racing the clock as is K2, puts in a half moon's worth and posts 22,261 m
Image K2, that would be me, posts a half moon with 22,222 m
Image Jim B puts in a haf moon with 21,017 m
Image Cathie gets close to a half moon as well with 21,000 m

JOY .... JOY .....REPEATING Numbers Galore! Tandeming Numbers! Whoop Whoop!ImageImageImage Holiday Challenge meters brought to you by:

Ethan 1,750 m
Tom P 2,000 m
Dalton 2,005 m
Tris 2,500 m
Jackson 2,725 m
Coulter 3,000 m
Kaylee 3,054 m
Ashlee 3,085 m
Harold and Moggy ImageImageImageImage 5,555 m :D
Tony Image 7,777 m :D
Brandy 8,120 m
Samuel 8,155 m
Tim P 8,527 m
Mike M 10,000 m
Kenneth G 10,000 m
Minnie 10,000 m
Rosi 12,500 m
Ross 13,000 m
Rick 13,232 m ....and antler lights are his!
Peter G 14,000 m
Bobbie 14,307 m :D
Terri H ImageImageImageImageImage m
Kenny H ImageImageImageImageImage m
Mitch J 15,001 m
Ted 17,000 m
Bruce 17,834 m
Dan E 18,003 m ....wowzer....your meters are going to be a big help in the JVC
Cathie 21,000 m
Jim B 21,017 m
K2 ImageImageImageImageImage m
Andrea 22,261 m