How Great To Meet You!

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Rowmum

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Rowmum » April 12th, 2005, 5:05 am

Hi there!<br />Just wanted to introduce myself to you all; I´m Andrea, I´m Dutch, but recently moved to the hills of Germany.<br />No water to row here, but I just bought my first concept2(now I know how my husband feels when he buys a car;boy, o, boy, do I love that machine....!).<br />I´m addicted already, but have to row when my kiddies are asleep(so very, very early in the morning, or in the evening).<br />I´m the proud mummy of Emma(5 years old and rowing 500 meters), Hugo(4) and Thibo(2).<br />We live on top of a hill(my sons call it teletubbieland over here), with a lot of pets.<br />I studied psychiatry and music, but am now a stay-at-home-mum.<br />I only do volunteer crisiscouselling for (abused) children and postpartum-depressed moms(internet and phone are used a lot in my house!).<br />Because the schools in Germany are only teaching in the morning, I homeschool the kids in the afternoon to keep their Dutch up to date.<br />In rowing I have finally found something that helps me to unwind.<br />I also poweryoga, which is perfect to combine with the rowing(I do it after rowing and don´t need to cool down and stretch anymore).<br />I always row 10000 meters and today want to do 20000(just long enough to watch my Bridget Jones-dvd).<br />Since I´m all alone over here, it´s nice for me to read your message boards.<br />I hope I can chat along with you(please forgive me if I make mistakes in English).<br />Keep up the good rowing-spirit and don´t forget to reward yourself!<br />Greetings,<br />Andrea

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » April 12th, 2005, 5:13 am

Hiya Andrea welcome to the forum you will find the ladies great and very supportive....

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » April 12th, 2005, 6:53 am

Hi Andrea!<br />Glad to have another voice out there! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. Like Carole says, there's a lot of support out here! Rowing is rather addictive, isn't it?<br /><br />Hey Carole -<br />Are you back from the land of Oz? I bet I just missed meeting you at the SLIRC. Something tells me you would have been there if you weren't out being the world traveler! Maybe next time...<br /><br />Sue

[old] CAROLE MAC

Women's Forum

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » April 12th, 2005, 8:18 am

yep back from the lands of Oz and Singapore and what a terrific time I have had ... only one draw bk I am now as round as I am tall ...weg ...... too much wine in Oz and too many Singapore slings in Raffles ..... weg .... and no training at all ....leg has vastly improved but still swells as the day goes on ..... I am attending the Police convalescent home in two weeks for two weeks of intense physio so hopefully that will help be catch that bliddy Carla ...... ggggg ..... <br /><br />and yep I would have been at Slirc if I had not been such a globe trotter lol.....

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » April 12th, 2005, 9:24 pm

Hi Rowmum, welcome to the duck pond! It's great to have you on the team!

[old] pgpoon

Women's Forum

Post by [old] pgpoon » April 13th, 2005, 12:33 am

Hi Rowmum: Welcome to DIAR. I am also a newbie, injured from overuse for now, so am staying on the slow and easy road. I envy you your time to do the 10k, my goal, set aside for the time being. Don't worry about English, some of us native speakers aren't all that great ourselves! I work full-time, partner travels a lot, also have kids, dog, cat, etc...<br /><br />We settle for late dinners, leftovers (no fast food) and pasta, just so this Mom can row. <br /><br />Keep it up.<br /><br />Pintail

[old] Rowmum

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Rowmum » April 15th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Hi everyone!<br />I have just finished my first 0,5 marathon!!!!!!!!<br />I´m sooo tired and I must say everything hurts right now.<br />I got cramping feet the last 10k, but just kept going; I have had a lowsy week and threw all my frustrations at the machine.<br />I can´t believe I will ever be able to row a whole marathon, but who knows....<br />Now I´m goining to put a hot shower on my back and be proud of myself.<br />Greetings to you all!<br />Andrea

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » April 15th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Wow, Rowmum! Good for you! <br />Great job of hanging in there when your body didn't feel like going on! I'm impressed!<br />Just remember, we're all in this together. Now take a much deserved rest - and don't even think about a marathon for now. You'll know when you are ready - if ever. <br />Keep up the good work!<br />Buffle

[old] Ank

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Ank » April 29th, 2005, 9:38 am

Hi rowmum,<br /><br />Wow, another Dutch woman on the forum. I sometimes think that almost nobody knows what "Dutch" is.<br />Good that you row despite a busy life with children and everything. My brothers and sisters always say to me that they become fat because the are so busy with the children that they have no time for sports.<br /><br />You seem to be pretty fanatic with 10.000 and 20.000 pieces. You sound like me, addicted on the machine and goiing for "the long stuff"! There is only one thing that takes me from the erg and that's on water rowing. I have to make the movement, on water or on the machine. Two weeks ago I did 120 km of water-rowing in one week. I was still rowing in my bed that week!<br /><br />Happy rowing and if you're in for a chat, go ahead!<br /><br />Ank