LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Twinkle, twinkle....

Post by Kona2 » December 4th, 2010, 8:04 pm

ImageImageImage The herd is gathering....several reindeer are drawn inexorably towards the twinkling lights that Baz (I mean Dancer) has wrapped around his antlers....yes, it's antler light envy....those twinkling lights are the symbol of flight readiness since by now Baz/Dancer must have passed the flight test administered. Image

Here's a sampling of what it looks like in terms of meters needed to gain your antlers in the Holiday Challenge:

ImageDrawn to the lights (working on the 200K or 100K for adaptive):

Minnie/Prancer with (10,126 m) to go! She'll take hers in white lights, please.

Ron/Blitzen with (20,779 m) to go! Whoa....didn't he just free up Blitzen a day or so ago?! Dang if he isn't mooning the herd!

AJ/Cupid with (27,156 m) to go!

Harold/Donner with (37,245 m) to go!

Image Getting closer to the stable and to their reindeer names:

Rick with (9,549 m) to go!

Bruce with (14,717 m) to go!

Robert H with (15,000 m) to go!

Karyn with (18,025 m) to go!

Dan E with (23,061 m) to go!

Peter G with (24,000 m) to go!

K2 with (28,554 m) to go!

Tony with (30,257 m) to go!

Mitch J with (33,952 m) to go!

Mike M with (34,988 m) to go!

Greg H with (37,491 m) to go!

Queue in the reindeer stable:

On Winston and Mitten, . . .
On Jingle, on Jangle, on Jewel and Gem,
On Meteor, on Solis, on Syrus and Clem,
On Starburst, on Twinkle, on Nova and Blinx,
On Stewball, on Moonstone, on Glimmer and Winx,
On Starbuck, on Lunar, on Aurora and Inx,
On Apollo, on Io, on Saturn and Duster,
On StarGaze, on Pluto, on Lester and Lustre,
On Polaris, on Electra, on Atlas and Stars,
On Jupiter, on Venus and Mars . . .

just27
10k Poster

Re: Twinkle, twinkle....

Post by just27 » December 4th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Kona2 wrote: Here's a sampling of what it looks like in terms of meters needed to gain your antlers in the Holiday Challenge ...

... K2 with (28,554 m) to go!
You are having way too much fun with this challenge, Mz Astrogator. Surely there is a special reindeer with your name on it!

What thinks the Luna Herd ... any suggestions for Kona's handle? (Lance, the bike riding reindeer?)

BTW, Dan and I traded ... I get to be Vixen ... :D

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Twinkle, twinkle....

Post by bg » December 4th, 2010, 9:17 pm

just27 wrote:
Kona2 wrote: Here's a sampling of what it looks like in terms of meters needed to gain your antlers in the Holiday Challenge ...

... K2 with (28,554 m) to go!
You are having way too much fun with this challenge, Mz Astrogator. Surely there is a special reindeer with your name on it!

What thinks the Luna Herd ... any suggestions for Kona's handle? (Lance, the bike riding reindeer?)

BTW, Dan and I traded ... I get to be Vixen ... :D
good idea.....lance for k2....i'm hoping to be starbuck.........

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » December 4th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Whoop! Whoop! Clear the runway.....AJ/Cupid is about to take flight! Congratulations, AJ, on meeting the 200K level of the Challenge....and earning the coveted holiday challenge pin!

And, like everyone else, I'll take my reindeer name as it presents itself....I'm thinking the timing will be Jewel or Gem....although Jangle might happen, too...

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Twelfth Reindeer...

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Image A half moon still blazed in the skies above Connecticut as Karyn crossed the 100K mark in the Holiday Challenge in fine style with a HALF MARATHON, and raced up to the reindeer stable to find out which reindeer name was in the queue.....and it's....Image Winston!

Winston? Oh, the bunny trails of the mind that this one sent this Astrogator along....and, once again, there are no coincidences in our lunar world....this reindeer naming was meant to be. There are many Winstons in the world, yet the one that I'll bet most of us think about is Winston Churchill. And Winston, great orator that he was, gave one of his most famous speeches at Harrow's School in Britain. The portion of the speech that's most quoted is "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to the convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." So when reindeer are tiring in this long flight/challenge season, Karyn's Winston will be there to help remind us to stay the course....just like she reminds her students....

Congratulations, Karyn, on freeing up yet another famous reindeer....Winston....and achieving the Holiday Challenge board....with a half marathon no less!

just27
10k Poster

Re: Twelfth Reindeer...

Post by just27 » December 5th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Kona2 wrote: Winston? Oh, the bunny trails of the mind that this one sent this Astrogator along....and, once again, there are no coincidences in our lunar world....this reindeer naming was meant to be. There are many Winstons in the world, yet the one that I'll bet most of us think about is Winston Churchill. ...
Hah ... the Winston who prompted the inclusion in the bunny trail is one of our "front porch" cats ... a sweet striped boy with the basic shape and cheeks of the more famous Winston you mentioned. (And feline Winston never, never gives in when it comes to relinquishing his place at the tuna bowl.)

Reindeer names are such fun.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Meanwhile, the flight formation was seen in practice over the Fair Oaks area of California.....and there's Minnie's antlers glowing with white lights....last seen practicing swoops and twirls over the Oakland area for new granddaughter Juliette...

Minnie / Vixen

Congratulations, Chris, on achieving the 200K Challenge Board....and earning the Holiday Challenge pin....whoop! whoop!

Thanks again to AJ for the custom light set!
Last edited by Kona2 on December 5th, 2010, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nl07695
1k Poster

Post by nl07695 » December 5th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Dear Lunies,

Tonight is the famous Sinterklaas night for all the Dutchies. All kiddies are waiting anxiously for the moment Sinterklaas will bring them their presents. Sinterklaas is the Dutch equivalent for Santa Claus. For those Lunies that want to know more about our culture/tradition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

To Jan, Since we don't know Santa Claus, and have our sincere doubts about flying reindeers :wink: I would like to "reserve" the following name for when I reach 100k on Wednesday: Amerigo (the horse of Sinterklaas).

Greetings from Holland.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2010, 2:45 pm

nl07695 wrote:Dear Lunies,

Tonight is the famous Sinterklaas night for all the Dutchies. All kiddies are waiting anxiously for the moment Sinterklaas will bring them their presents. Sinterklaas is the Dutch equivalent for Santa Claus. For those Lunies that want to know more about our culture/tradition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

To Jan, Since we don't know Santa Claus, and have our sincere doubts about flying reindeers :wink: I would like to "reserve" the following name for when I reach 100k on Wednesday: Amerigo (the horse of Sinterklaas).

Greetings from Holland.

Peter H aka The Stig - this is perfect! We'll add a little more international flavor, and some additional Holiday Challenge culture with the Sinterklaas addition....celebration of St Nicholas's eve....have a happy festival eve!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » December 5th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Let me be the first

Merry Christmas

get your card at
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/previ ... 7/graphic1

great for the kids

danno

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.04.10

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2010, 3:35 pm

ImageImageImage

Yes, it's St Nicholas's eve in Holland - a great first flight for our fledgling reindeer....

ImageImageImageImage
........Dasher/Chip ...............Dancer/Baz...................Vixen /Minnie...................Prancer / Danno....

ImageImageImageImage
........Comet / Will S ............Cupid / AJ ....................Donner / Harold.................Blitzen / Ron .....

ImageImageImageImage
........Olive / Jerry................Joker/ Kenneth G ...........Ringo / Jim.....................Winston / Karyn ....

Season meters as of 218/365 = 49,346,466 m

Total meters on the day = 379,740 m

Oars in space (participation) = 23 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

1.3 MM David T
300 K Bruce

ImageImage Ron with ALMOST a full moon posts 40,024 m and earns a half moon PLUS
ImageImage Peter H checks in from the Netherlands with a half moon plus of 34,006 m
ImageImage AJ earns his flight lights with a half moon plus of 28,427 m
Image Jerry with a fine posting of 25,000 m edges closer to the lights with a half moon
Image Karyn gets her reindeer with a half marathon plus a bit with 22,325 m
Image Bruce is racking up the reindeer points with a half moon and 21,949 m....California moonin' a seasonal thing? Hah! Half moons everywhere!
Image Minnie earns her white lights with a half marathon...21,097 m

ONE Million Meter Watch: the dials are changing hourly it seems!

Ross with (70,915 m) to go!

Ron with (158,191 m) to go!

Image Moonlight in Vermont!

ImageImageImage ...Leaping through the stars for those Holiday Challenge meters!

Sinead ImageImageImageImage m ....only 3,059 m more and you'll get your first 10,000 m!!! You go, girl !
G-l-o-r-i-a ImageImageImageImage m :D
Tony 6...7....8....9...getting closer to the reindeer name....which one will you be?
Harold 7,600 m
Baz 10,000 m.....flooding in New South Wales.....head for high ground, Baz!
Jim 10,037 m
K2 10,775 m
Terri H 11,500 m :o
Rick 12,859 m
Peter G 13,500 m
Rich 13,564 m :shock:
Danno 15,000 m
Robert 15,000 m
Kenny 15,000 m
David T 18,000 m
Greg C 20,418 m
Chris 21,097 m
Bruce 21,949 m
Karyn 22,325 m
Jerry 25,000 m
AJ 28,427 m
Peter H 34,006 m
Ron 40,024 m ,,,,great reminder, Blitzen about the dollars we're raising with our meters....I haven't calculated this, but I know we're contributing a lotta meters!

Row strong, be safe in this holiday season....whenever and however you and yours are celebrating!

Image..............ImageImage

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » December 5th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Plenty happening in here over the past 24 hours..... Christmas in the Netherland (Merry Christmas) Reindeer getting navigation lights for flying, and more Lunatics over the 100K line in the challenge..... Great work all.

Floods are a long way from Sydney, but some large flooding in different areas.

Cheers, BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Just in time! Two more reindeer released AND....

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Woohoo! The herd gathers together just in time for St Nicholas' eve.....should be just about plenty dark in the Netherlands....and what to my wondering eyes did appear..... two new reindeer on the roster....AND two who gained their flying lights (especially important in this quarter moon light - and without a Rudolph just yet)!! This is how it always seems to happen....the herd knows when above and beyond rowing is needed!

Congratulations, Robert H, on freeing up another reindeer ..... Mitten .... for the sleigh drive today!

Congratulations, Bruce, on freeing up another reindeer .... Jingle .... for the sleigh drive today!

And....whoop....whoop and hooyah!

Congratulations, Will S, on getting those antler lights!

Congratulations, Ron, on getting those antler lights!

ImageImageImageImage
........Dasher/Chip ...............Dancer/Baz...................Vixen /Minnie...................Prancer / Danno....

Image ImageImageImage
........Comet / Will S ............Cupid / AJ ....................Donner / Harold.................Blitzen / Ron .....

ImageImageImageImage
........Olive / Jerry................Joker/ Kenneth G ...........Ringo / Jim.....................Winston / Karyn ....

ImageImage
........Mitten / Robert.............Jingle / Bruce .............

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » December 5th, 2010, 7:32 pm

nl07695 wrote:Dear Lunies,

Greetings from Holland.
enjoy your night....

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » December 5th, 2010, 7:56 pm

macbruce1 wrote: I think Kona deserves a special riendeer name-Maybe "LUNA" :?: What is really great is knowing the team is contributing to good works while racking up the meters :!: Ron
Nice, Ron ... LUNA ... maybe LuLu informally, and LunaGator for dress-whites occasions.

Is "That ain't too awful bad" the same thing as "wicked good?" New England English is so its-own-thing.

Chris (one of many aka's)