Training

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » March 4th, 2006, 3:43 pm

[attachmentid=129]<br />I have been wanting to post this for a long time.I know that some peolpe are training in their basements and other interesting places.I must say that if I wasnt able to have a view then training, it would have been must harder on my mind.This picture was taken when Andreas BM and I did a workout (3X 15 min) together

[old] FrancoisA

e-row

Post by [old] FrancoisA » March 4th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Wow! You have quite a nice view! :roll: <br />At what time of the year was this picture taken?<br /><br />If you don't mind, I would like to print it and put it next to my erg , which is in the basement :(<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />Francois

[old] John Rupp

e-row

Post by [old] John Rupp » March 4th, 2006, 4:42 pm

I love the wide open spaces and the houses look very nice too.<br /><br />It looks like a great place to live.

[old] Marilyn

e-row

Post by [old] Marilyn » March 4th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Wow<br /><br />It makes me cry....<br /><br />Very nice picture, is it not a video?<br /><br />Marilyn

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » March 4th, 2006, 5:13 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58450:date=Mar 4 2006, 02:53 PM:name=FrancoisA)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrancoisA @ Mar 4 2006, 02:53 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Wow! You have quite a nice view! :roll: <br />At what time of the year was this picture taken?<br /><br />If you don't mind, I would like to print it and put it next to my erg , which is in the basement :(<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />Francois<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Francois<br />The picture was taken about 4 weeks ago(beginning of Feb) during a pre Crash-b training session(summer in South Africa) about 30 deg C.<br />You wellcome to print it but I can sent you a picture without me in it :wink: <br />John.<br />I must admid I am very furtunate to be able to live in a place like this.The houses to the left is part of a golf estate and the estate I staying got 1 Hectare stands.... lots of space

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 4th, 2006, 5:33 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58448:date=Mar 4 2006, 11:43 AM:name=Andreas)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Mar 4 2006, 11:43 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>[attachmentid=129]<br />I have been wanting to post this for a long time.I know that some peolpe are training in their basements and other interesting places.I must say that if I wasnt able to have a view then training, it would have been must harder on my mind.This picture was taken when Andreas BM and I did a workout (3X 15 min) together<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Yes, that is kind of what my neighborhood looks like except for the grass, the trees, the mansions, and the pond. Otherwise, it is pretty much the same as where I live.

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 4th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Also, the sky is a faint tan instead of a brilliant blue, but again pretty much the same as where I live.

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » March 4th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Andreas, I am so jealous, if I had that view I would be rowing all the time. It makes me want to fly out to you for an Erg session. :D <br /><br />I am going to print it out too and pin it to my desk, when I look out of my windows to see the frost on the grass and the temperature of -1 I can think of poor Andreas rowing in that fantastic scenery and hot weather :x :x :( <br /><br />Whats the green stuff!!? we don't have that in London :( :P <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] Marilyn

e-row

Post by [old] Marilyn » March 5th, 2006, 3:53 pm

grass, the trees, the mansions, and the pond? open spaces and the houses?<br /><br />Where are all those things? I have only seen see the rower's back and shoulders<br /><br /> 8) <br /><br />Marilyn

[old] Krysta Coleman

e-row

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » March 5th, 2006, 4:33 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58541:date=Mar 5 2006, 12:53 PM:name=Marilyn)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Marilyn @ Mar 5 2006, 12:53 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>grass, the trees, the mansions, and the pond? open spaces and the houses?<br /><br />Where are all those things? I have only seen see the rower's back and shoulders<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ah, but that's a pretty good view, too. :wink: <br />

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 5th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Just some thinking,<br /><br />Marilyn, Krysta, and the other ladies . . . <br /><br />If there was an indoor rowing calender with the theme presented by Andreas, would you buy one? The theme being, "Indoor rowers and their rowing environment." Something that looks good as well as professional.<br /><br />I had suggested a calender idea to the women who rowed in lingerie at the EIRC a couple of years ago. They were raising money of a boy who had some sort of cancer of the spine. <br /><br />So, the money generated would be used to fund my house, I mean, Supercanoa/Rowpro/E-row related events such as medals.

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 6th, 2006, 2:43 am

[attachmentid=130]I was working on Andreas' picture, trying to make it a calendar for the month of March, but I can't find the second disc of my Microsoft Picture It! Digital Image Pro. The computer I have came with a photo type shop but I don't like it. So, the attachment was an idea of how to add text to the picture. I wanted to also include a second photo to the calendar month so the idea would not be restricted to just one photograph. If I find the disc, it would be easier to show you what would be possible.<br /><br />The calendar idea probably won't work in light of there would probably be an issue of where would the pictures come from and also we are an internet type group as opposed to a local rowing club. Plus, someone could easily make their own rowing calendar using their own computer software and pictures of their own or from the internet.

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 6th, 2006, 7:59 am

The calendar could be called, "The Calendar of Champions" featuring the medal winners of the BIRC, WIRC, EIRC. The money could be used for, "Row for the Cure." It would be a way of honoring the medal winners and at the same time raising money for a cause.