Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » December 1st, 2005, 11:53 pm

Jaap & Andreas,<br /> <br />I have no problem with starting together with you guys. Not sure what handicap we should use as it will be my second row for the day (I'm doing about 17Ks in a boat in the morning beforehand). Since it will be my second row, Andreas wants and easier row and so do you, we could base the handicap on 6.25. Or since it's your last race Jaap, do you want to make it a straight race for everyone? I don't mind doing that either. I could use the Rowpro file as a pace boat for training then.<br /><br />I guess it depends now on the other entrants in the race what we end up doing.<br /><br />Rockin Roland

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 2nd, 2005, 3:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Dec 1 2005, 10:53 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Dec 1 2005, 10:53 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jaap & Andreas,<br /> <br />I have no problem with starting together with you guys. Not sure what handicap we should use as it will be my second row for the day (I'm doing about 17Ks in a boat in the morning beforehand). Since it will be my second row, Andreas wants and easier row and so do you, we could base the handicap on 6.25. Or since it's your last race Jaap, do you want to make it a straight race for everyone? I don't mind doing that either. I could use the Rowpro file as a pace boat for training then.<br /><br />I guess it depends now on the other entrants in the race what we end up doing.<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think that the best chance to get us all over the finish within a few seconds will be a target time of 6:20 for Roland Andreas and myself, and the recent PB's of 6:28.9 for Pieter and 6:36.4 for Hennie. For Jaime Ros who also registered, I have no idea, so we need to ask him tomorrow in the chat.<br /><br />Based on the times above, the delay will be as follows:<br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name    "SB"     Delay[sec]<br /><br />Hennie  6:36.4    0<br />Pieter  6:28.9    7<br />Andreas 6:20.0   16<br />Jaap    6:20.0   16<br />Roland  6:20.0   16<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />See you online tomorrow,<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 3rd, 2005, 11:38 am

Hi,<br />The results for this mornings 2k race were:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name    Net time     <br /><br />Andreas 6:18.8<br />Roland  6:21.1<br />Jaap    6:23.2<br />Pieter  6:33.3<br />Jaime   6:34.4<br />Hennie  6:47.4<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />At the start everyone preferred a straight race. Only Jaime rowed a PB: 9 sec faster than his previous best time!! In the attached picture, a graph shows the average 500m time in seconds at the vertical axis, against the distance at the horizontal axis. The irregular peaks is probably a synchronization problem. <br />We can see that Hennie had to bad moments in his race, and that my race was 200m too far. All others have a nice controlled race. I'm a little pessimistic about breaking my PB next week, because this was all I could do at this moment. Maybe the tapering and competition element gives me the 6 seconds I need.<br /><br />Jaap<br /><br /><br />

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » December 3rd, 2005, 8:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 3 2005, 10:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 3 2005, 10:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The results for this mornings 2k race were:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name    Net time     <br /><br />Andreas 6:18.8<br />Roland  6:21.1<br />Jaap    6:23.2<br />Pieter  6:33.3<br />Jaime   6:34.4<br />Hennie  6:47.4<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />At the start everyone preferred a straight race. Only Jaime rowed a PB: 9 sec faster than his previous best time!! In the attached picture, a graph shows the average 500m time in seconds at the vertical axis, against the distance at the horizontal axis. The irregular peaks is probably a synchronization problem. <br />We can see that Hennie had to bad moments in his race, and that my race was 200m too far. All others have a nice controlled race. I'm a little pessimistic about breaking my PB next week, because this was all I could do at this moment. Maybe the tapering and competition element gives me the 6 seconds I need.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I love your chart of the race Jaap. Where did you get the data from?<br />Hemmie had a great first 500m then it was all up hill from there for him. After hitting such great form recently that must have been disappointing for him. Jaap, you had your usual fast start and I had my usual slow start but we met at about half way. Once I got past you it was great seeing on my monitor, you just behind me and Andreas a little in front. Rowpro is most enjoyable when your racing in between two fast boats and they are both visible on the monitor.<br /><br />Looks like our race was the only one with sub 6.30 times but Paul and Sir Pirate came ever so close. Pity our GMT time zone didn't suit them because they probably would have gone sub 6.30 if they raced with us.<br /><br />Rockin Roland

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 4th, 2005, 7:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Dec 3 2005, 07:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Dec 3 2005, 07:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I love your chart of the race Jaap. Where did you get the data from?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Roland,<br />Yes, I think the average/500m charts shows it all. It's a kind of replay of the race, but then in one picture. E-row exports the stroke data every 2.4 seconds to a textfile with 5 columns for each rower:<br /><br />Time <br />Meters<br />Current 500m Pace<br />Stroke Rate* <br />Heart Rate*<br /><br />*Stroke Rate and HR are only saved for the concept2 connected to the PC, not over the internet.<br /><br />In Excel I add a sixth column which is 500*Time/Meters, which is the average pace that you see at the vertical axis.<br /><br />Does rowpro also have a feature to export the stroke data to a textfile or to Excel, or are the Rowpro files in a (binary) format only accessible by the Rowpro program?<br /><br />P.S. I hope Andreas and you will do the last fast fall straight 2k race online. Pieter, Hennie, Jaime and me will be rowing in Amsterdam, but our times will count for the fall race competition. I will e-mail those times to Frank next weekend.<br /><br />Jaap<br /><br />

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » December 4th, 2005, 10:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 4 2005, 06:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 4 2005, 06:36 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Dec 3 2005, 07:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Dec 3 2005, 07:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I love your chart of the race Jaap. Where did you get the data from?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Does rowpro also have a feature to export the stroke data to a textfile or to Excel, or are the Rowpro files in a (binary) format only accessible by the Rowpro program?<br /><br />P.S. I hope Andreas and you will do the last fast fall straight 2k race online. Pieter, Hennie, Jaime and me will be rowing in Amsterdam, but our times will count for the fall race competition. I will e-mail those times to Frank next weekend.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jaap,<br /> I believe you can export the Rowpro file however you cannot get the 500m splits of the others in your race. The results allow you only to see the final time and average overall pace of the others. You can only see a chart of your row but no one elses. Not sure if the new version of Rowpro will change this.<br /><br />Good luck in Amsterdam. That could have been you last race on erow if they decide to ditch erow compatability in Rowpro version 2. You'll have to upgrade to Rowpro to be able to continue racing us.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br /><br />

[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » December 5th, 2005, 4:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 3 2005, 10:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 3 2005, 10:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The results for this mornings 2k race were:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name    Net time     <br /><br />Andreas 6:18.8<br />Roland  6:21.1<br />Jaap    6:23.2<br />Pieter  6:33.3<br />Jaime   6:34.4<br />Hennie  6:47.4<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />At the start everyone preferred a straight race. Only Jaime rowed a PB: 9 sec faster than his previous best time!! In the attached picture, a graph shows the average 500m time in seconds at the vertical axis, against the distance at the horizontal axis. The irregular peaks is probably a synchronization problem. <br />We can see that Hennie had to bad moments in his race, and that my race was 200m too far. All others have a nice controlled race. I'm a little pessimistic about breaking my PB next week, because this was all I could do at this moment. Maybe the tapering and competition element gives me the 6 seconds I need.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Nice chart Jaap, and really explanatory of how the race was, I'm please to see that I was very constant all the race thru. Since that race I'm only thinking in a sub 6:30 I hope that the adrenaline of the Amsterdam race will give me those 5 seconds and I'm sure it's going to give you the 6 ones that you need.<br /><br />See you in Amsterdam!!!

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » December 7th, 2005, 12:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Dec 4 2005, 06:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Dec 4 2005, 06:36 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><br />P.S. I hope Andreas and you will do the last fast fall straight 2k race online. Pieter, Hennie, Jaime and me will be rowing in Amsterdam, but our times will count for the fall race competition. I will e-mail those times to Frank next weekend.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Roland<br />I have sheduled a 2k race for Su. at 8h30.All the other guys are in Amsterdam so its only you and me(seems like). Let me know if the time and date suits you.<br /><br />It will be my last 2k for a while since I'm not doing a lot of 2k races(just to hard for me).<br />I'm currently trying to pick up on distance, so I'm not realy in race shape, hope to go sub 6:20 though.<br /><br />Good luck to all the Amsterdam guys, hope to see new PB's

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » December 8th, 2005, 6:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Dec 6 2005, 11:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Dec 6 2005, 11:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Hi Roland<br />I have sheduled a 2k race for Su. at 8h30.All the other guys are in Amsterdam so its only you and me(seems like). Let me know if the time and date suits you.<br /><br />It will be my last 2k for a while since I'm not doing a lot of 2k races(just to hard for me).<br />I'm currently trying to pick up on distance, so I'm not realy in race shape, hope to go sub 6:20 though.<br /><br />Good luck to all the Amsterdam guys, hope to see new PB's <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Andreas,<br /> I have joined the 2K race that you set up. The only erging that I've done in the last two weeks was last weekends 2K race. As it's summer now I've almost abandoned the erg in favour of rowing on the water. I've been doing lots of long rows in the boat so a hard 2K should be useful to my training. I'm getting so much enjoyment and satisfaction rowing on the water that the erg can't possibly match this at the moment.<br /><br />See you in the race and anyone else who's keen to join in.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 10th, 2005, 4:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Dec 5 2005, 03:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Dec 5 2005, 03:56 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Since that race I'm only thinking in a sub 6:30 I hope that the adrenaline of the Amsterdam race will give me those 5 seconds and I'm sure it's going to give you the 6 ones that you need.<br /><br />See you in Amsterdam!!!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jaime, sorry to hear about the flight problems causing your absence today in Amsterdam. It was a fantastic atmosphere over there, with lots of spectators. Hennie, Pieter and myself all rowed faster than last week, so you would have gone sub 6:30 for sure <br />Our 2k times today were:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name    time     <br />Jaap    6:17.1<br />Pieter  6:31.3<br />Hennie  6:37.7<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Full results can be found <a href='http://www.nereus.nl/index.cfm?category ... nguage=dut' target='_blank'>here</a> <br />For me, this is a new PR, 0.9 sec faster than last year. After all the PR's during the fall series, it was a bit disappointing that it was only 0.9 sec, but on the other hand the 6:23 last week was also all I had, so I'm satisfied with the six sec improvement in one week . It's a nice target for Roland and Andreas tomorrow.<br /><br />Jaap<br /><br />

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » December 10th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Congratulations for awsome rowing.<br />I know now that I can no longer row with you guys.

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » December 10th, 2005, 5:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Dec 10 2005, 10:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Dec 10 2005, 10:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Congratulations for awsome rowing.<br />I know now that I can no longer row with you guys. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Yes you can Michael!

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 11th, 2005, 8:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Dec 8 2005, 05:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Dec 8 2005, 05:12 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Dec 6 2005, 11:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Dec 6 2005, 11:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Hi Roland<br />I have sheduled a 2k race for Su. at 8h30.All the other guys are in Amsterdam so its only you and me(seems like). Let me know if the time and date suits you.<br /><br />It will be my last 2k for a while since I'm not doing a lot of 2k races(just to hard for me).<br />I'm currently trying to pick up on distance, so I'm not realy in race shape, hope to go sub 6:20 though.<br /><br />Good luck to all the Amsterdam guys, hope to see new PB's <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Andreas,<br /> I have joined the 2K race that you set up. The only erging that I've done in the last two weeks was last weekends 2K race. As it's summer now I've almost abandoned the erg in favour of rowing on the water. I've been doing lots of long rows in the boat so a hard 2K should be useful to my training. I'm getting so much enjoyment and satisfaction rowing on the water that the erg can't possibly match this at the moment.<br /><br />See you in the race and anyone else who's keen to join in.<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Andreas and Roland, did you race the 2k today? I can't find the results on the DR server. If you did row, please post the results here, so that I can e-mail these and Pieter, Hennie's and mine to Frank.<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » December 11th, 2005, 8:12 am

Nice 2K Jaap <br /><br />Mr Flack had a good row yesterday 6:28.8. I think that is his best 2K in 2 years. I did pace him for the first 1K though <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » December 11th, 2005, 8:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Dec 10 2005, 03:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Dec 10 2005, 03:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Congratulations for awsome rowing.<br />I know now that I can no longer row with you guys. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Michael, don't underestimate your own performance! Certainly on the longer distances we are about the same pace. Also, if you are not in very good shape at the moment you are very welcome in the online sessions. How about next week in Pirates HM? Still 3 slots open. How are the back problems? Did you recover well from all the injuries?<br /><br />Jaap<br />