Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 15th, 2005, 9:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-holm188+Nov 15 2005, 01:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(holm188 @ Nov 15 2005, 01:31 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Hi Frank,<br />In the rules for the fall series you specified the time frame and I think at least 2 rowers for the races (correct me if I'm wrong). On another occasion you have asked a heat not to start before the time on Friday, which is reasonable. I missed two straight races due to private travelling and well I will miss about 85 to 90 points. BIRC is also a private choice, so well points are gone (or this is the cross out race). Alternatively everybody could arrange a make up race with at least another contestant, but I agree this might get out of hand.<br /><br />I leave it up to you and won't say anything more after my opinion here. I like the race series and they should stay fun (including for the organizer ), fair and not too rule heavy!!!<br /><br />Cheers, Holm <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Holm,<br /><br />One thing I really liked about the Summer Series is that we had 3 people as a ruling body. Right now I feel like judge, jury and executioner. With 3 of us we could express different opinions and then vote on it.<br /><br />My decision on this case was based on 2 things. The first being that they wouldn't be online because they were going to be on ergs rowing at BIRC. Second is that there would be a group in the makeup race. My ultimate goal here is to promote racing whether online or venue and this solution really fits my goal.<br /><br />Frank

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 15th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Hi,<br />The 10k handicap race has been scheduled for saturday morning 8:30 GMT. Since most regular rowers in this group are at the BIRC, there is a chance that it will be only Roland and me. Hopefully there will be some more rowers to compete. If so, please let me know your SB at the 10k.<br />Roland I did not see your SB in the ranking. Mine is 35:05.9. Should I use this time also for you?<br /><br />Jaap <br />

[old] Godfried

e-row

Post by [old] Godfried » November 15th, 2005, 2:10 pm

If you are willing ( and it is workable ) to accept me with 42:00.0 then I am willing to join.

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 15th, 2005, 2:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Nov 13 2005, 03:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Nov 13 2005, 03:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->To bad Jaap and Roland is not going to BIRC, but will see Pieter and Hennie there. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Andreas,<br />I wait another year so that you will not be in my category anymore . <br />The very best to you, Hennie and Pieter at the BIRC. I have been watching the WIRC last february live on internet. Hopefully there will be such a connection setup for the BIRC as well.<br /><br />Jaap

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » November 15th, 2005, 2:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-holm188+Nov 15 2005, 03:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(holm188 @ Nov 15 2005, 03:31 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Nov 14 2005, 11:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Nov 14 2005, 11:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Pieter+Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Pieter @ Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Like to race the 10K. but because we are at the BIRC Saturday and Sunday we cannot race in the weekend. Maybe it is an option to race in the week after the BIRC when Andreas and Pieter also like this propossal?<br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Hennie,<br /><br />If it's ok with Frank, I would like to join.<br />But I think I´ve read that it's a weekend-only thing ( understandable because Frank has to calculate the points and there must be a limit for that otherwise he calculating all week)<br /><br />Seems like I will lose poll-position after this weekend<br /><br />The weekend after we do the belgium open so we will miss another race <br /><br />Pieter <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Seems like a reasonable request. Remember that we will throw out the lowest scoring handicap and straight race so you it won't have an impact if you miss only one of each. However if you can set up a race for a group of you that can't make the race this weekend it is OK with me. It is a close contest and I don't want to win by some technicality. My intent was to keep from scoring a bunch of individual time trials.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Frank,<br />In the rules for the fall series you specified the time frame and I think at least 2 rowers for the races (correct me if I'm wrong). On another occasion you have asked a heat not to start before the time on Friday, which is reasonable. I missed two straight races due to private travelling and well I will miss about 85 to 90 points. BIRC is also a private choice, so well points are gone (or this is the cross out race). Alternatively everybody could arrange a make up race with at least another contestant, but I agree this might get out of hand.<br /><br />I leave it up to you and won't say anything more after my opinion here. I like the race series and they should stay fun (including for the organizer ), fair and not too rule heavy!!!<br /><br />Cheers, Holm <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi,<br /><br />Holm has a point and it's my choice to go to the BIRC. The week after that I'm with Pieter in Belgium (indoor racing) so we will miss that race also.<br /><br />So I step back and will not race the 10K. I must say I enjoyed all the races! Thanks Frank for all you did and Jaap for being race master!<br /><br />It was for me a very good training and very exciting to race with the fast guys.<br /><br />Next year again (spring races?!) and what about a winter race?! <br /><br />And I will see you on RowPro <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » November 15th, 2005, 3:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 15 2005, 01:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 15 2005, 01:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><br />Hi Andreas,<br />I wait another year so that you will not be in my category anymore . <br />The very best to you, Hennie and Pieter at the BIRC. I have been watching the WIRC last february live on internet. Hopefully there will be such a connection setup for the BIRC as well.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Jaap<br />I decided that I not going to get older(I going to stay 44) <br /><br />I'm only back at home next weekend, so I won't be able to join any of the HC races this weekend and I know from previous experiance that I'm not at my best staight after a big event like BIRC(I normaly go through a emotional dip), but I will be joining you in the staight race.I think your SB is an eazy target for you in the form you in at this stage.I'm sure you will be able to go sub 35min and even sub 34:30.The 10k is also one of Rolands strongest distances and if you stay with him, you'll do well.Good luck.<br />I dont think there is a Web cast of the BIRC but I saw some where that the results will be updated all the time on the UK site. <br />CU later

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 15th, 2005, 5:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Godfried+Nov 15 2005, 01:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Godfried @ Nov 15 2005, 01:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you are willing ( and it is workable ) to accept me with 42:00.0 then I am willing to join. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Godfried,<br />No problem, if you join, we wait 6:54 after your start.<br /><br />Jaap

[old] Godfried

e-row

Post by [old] Godfried » November 15th, 2005, 5:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 15 2005, 11:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 15 2005, 11:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No problem, if you join, we wait 6:54 after your start.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I will let you know friday.

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 15th, 2005, 10:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The 10k handicap race has been scheduled for saturday morning 8:30 GMT. Since most regular rowers in this group are at the BIRC, there is a chance that it will be only Roland and me. Hopefully there will be some more rowers to compete. If so, please let me know your SB at the 10k.<br />Roland I did not see your SB in the ranking. Mine is 35:05.9. Should I use this time also for you?<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jaap,<br /> My entry for the 10K will be determined by the temperature and humidity on the day. Don't forget that summer is almost here, it will be early evening here and I don't have any air conditioning in the erg room. If conditions are ok I will be happy to join and start on the same time delay as you. I normally do 30 minute sessions hence I don't have any recent 10K sessions logged.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] Godfried

e-row

Post by [old] Godfried » November 18th, 2005, 2:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The 10k handicap race has been scheduled for saturday morning 8:30 GMT. [right] </td></tr></table>I see this race has been cancelled.

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 18th, 2005, 3:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Godfried+Nov 18 2005, 01:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Godfried @ Nov 18 2005, 01:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 15 2005, 12:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The 10k handicap race has been scheduled for saturday morning 8:30 GMT. [right] </td></tr></table>I see this race has been cancelled. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hi Godfried,<br />Half an hour ago, no one had still registered. So when I heard that Santa Claus was arriving by boat in Zutphen tomorrow morning, it was not difficult to cancel the race. I really need to go there with the family. I registered for tomorrows afternoon race (GMT 13:00), in which some spots are still open. So maybe you can also join this one or Sundays? <br /><br />Jaap

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 22nd, 2005, 2:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Nov 15 2005, 09:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Nov 15 2005, 09:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jaap,<br />My entry for the 10K will be determined by the temperature and humidity on the day. Don't forget that summer is almost here, it will be early evening here and I don't have any air conditioning in the erg room. If conditions are ok I will be happy to join and start on the same time delay as you. I normally do 30 minute sessions hence I don't have any recent 10K sessions logged.<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Roland, how is the temperature and humidity next weekend? Pieter and Hennie are rowing in Belgium, so they will not participate in the straight 10k fall race. We can setup a race at 8:30GMT if you want, otherwise I will join a race later that day.<br /><br />Andreas, will you join the 10k fall race next weekend? Congratulations with the gold at BIRC. I saw that it was a very close finish between you and 2nd and 3d place, so nothing on reserve I guess. Were you leading all the way? Can't wait to see the replays. Must say that the times in our category are a little demotivating me, since even a 6:10 (my ultimate goal) would not have brought me at the podium.<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 22nd, 2005, 11:25 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 22 2005, 01:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 22 2005, 01:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->[<br />Roland, how is the temperature and humidity next weekend? Pieter and Hennie are rowing in Belgium, so they will not participate in the straight 10k fall race. We can setup a race at 8:30GMT if you want, otherwise I will join a race later that day.<br /><br /><br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I can't race this Saturday because I'm racing in an eight oared on water Head race "Head of the Yarra", which is on of the largest eight oared rowing events in the World. Due to the summer conditions I wasn't expecting to do any of the longer Fall series 10K races anyway. Feel free to join the other group for that one.<br /><br />However, there should be no problem with the remaining 2K races in the Fall series. The hot weather doesn't knock you about as much in the 2K races like it does in the 10K races so I'll do those regardless of the weather conditions. If you set those up for 8.30 GMT on each Saturday then I can assure you of some good competition. Hopefully Andreas can join in and help push along our 2K times.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 29th, 2005, 5:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Nov 22 2005, 10:25 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Nov 22 2005, 10:25 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />However, there should be no problem with the remaining 2K races in the Fall series. The hot weather doesn't knock you about as much in the 2K races like it does in the 10K races so I'll do those regardless of the weather conditions. If you set those up for 8.30 GMT on each Saturday then I can assure you of some good competition. Hopefully Andreas can join in and help push along our 2K times.<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The fast fall handicap race has been setup for next saturday 8:30GMT. Please let me know your best time for this season, so I can calculate the delay times. Roland, we can make this a straight race if we all leave on the fastest time (that will be 6:07.7 if Andreas joins or else your 6:20). <br />Not sure if I should row this one all out, like I did with all other fall races up to now. It will be one week before the Dutch IRC in Amsterdam. I just compared my current training with the training last year: about the same amount of km and pace, but last year I strictly followed the interactive training program (5x week) and this year I did a lot more intervals and races. Maybe because of this my HR is now with all training sessions (and also in rest) about 5 beats higher than last year. On the other hand, I can maintain a very high HR much longer (the second half of the 10k last week was the HR>180). We will see the result december 10. Next saturday my time will probably be between 6:25 and 6:30.<br />Hope to see you (Roland, Andreas, Hennie, Pieter) next saturday. It will be my last online fall serie race. I've enjoyed it very much.<br />Jaap

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » December 1st, 2005, 4:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 29 2005, 04:29 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 29 2005, 04:29 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Nov 22 2005, 10:25 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Nov 22 2005, 10:25 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />However, there should be no problem with the remaining 2K races in the Fall series. The hot weather doesn't knock you about as much in the 2K races like it does in the 10K races so I'll do those regardless of the weather conditions. If you set those up for 8.30 GMT on each Saturday then I can assure you of some good competition. Hopefully Andreas can join in and help push along our 2K times.<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The fast fall handicap race has been setup for next saturday 8:30GMT. Please let me know your best time for this season, so I can calculate the delay times. Roland, we can make this a straight race if we all leave on the fastest time (that will be 6:07.7 if Andreas joins or else your 6:20). <br />Not sure if I should row this one all out, like I did with all other fall races up to now. It will be one week before the Dutch IRC in Amsterdam. I just compared my current training with the training last year: about the same amount of km and pace, but last year I strictly followed the interactive training program (5x week) and this year I did a lot more intervals and races. Maybe because of this my HR is now with all training sessions (and also in rest) about 5 beats higher than last year. On the other hand, I can maintain a very high HR much longer (the second half of the 10k last week was the HR>180). We will see the result december 10. Next saturday my time will probably be between 6:25 and 6:30.<br />Hope to see you (Roland, Andreas, Hennie, Pieter) next saturday. It will be my last online fall serie race. I've enjoyed it very much.<br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Jaap<br />I have regestered for Sa. 2k but not so sure if will be able to do it.I'm going to Pretoria this weekend and I'll have to get to an erg to be able to join.I'm thinking of using Gustav's erg.I wont be doing any fast time.Will be happy with sub 6:30. Hope to see you this weekend.<br /><br />