Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » October 3rd, 2005, 11:06 pm

<br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>So Hennie, Pieter and Roland, please let me hear your votes again</b>. </span><br /><br />Roland, you preferred 8:00 GMT, but is 9:00 GMT also feasible? I know Andreas is probably the only 40+ online rower who can beat you at this moment, so it would be very nice to follow this battle of gigants... But if you can't then you can't and we do the race as planned at 8:00. Let me also know if there is a compromise like 8:30 GMT possible.<br /><br /><br /><br />Jaap <br />[/quote]<br /><br />9.00 GMT is starting to get late for me but I'm happy to compromise to 8.30 GMT in order to accommodate all the big names for this race.<br /><br />Is anyone doing the 3 X 2000m workout ( not part of Fall series) the day before ? It would be nice to get some fast ergers for this one also. That would make it a big weekend for Rowpro. Bring on the weekend.<br /><br />When do we know our start delay times?<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 4th, 2005, 1:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 3 2005, 08:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 3 2005, 08:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Oct 2 2005, 03:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Oct 2 2005, 03:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi All<br />I also want to join, but the time is a bid difficult.I was hoping that we can do it at 9GMT(Su).If you guys can't change I will have to join another race.I dont think I will be going for a SB because my SB is also my PB(16:37.5).I'm focusing on BIRC and wound be at my best.<br />If it move to Sa. 8 GMT it will be fine too<br /><br /><br />I just got back from a 2 day Canoe race(82km). It was a lot of fun. Very fast flowing water with a lot of big rappids and tricky obsticals.My body is very shore and tired but satisfied.<br />1700 entries(2nd biggest canoe race in South Africa)<br />I try to post some foto's later <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Andreas,<br />Thanks for checking in. To delay the race with one our to Sunday 9, 9:00 GMT is not a problem for me, but I need to know from the others who have already checked in if this suits them as well. <br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>So Hennie, Pieter and Roland, please let me hear your votes again</b>. </span><br /><br />Roland, you preferred 8:00 GMT, but is 9:00 GMT also feasible? I know Andreas is probably the only 40+ online rower who can beat you at this moment, so it would be very nice to follow this battle of gigants... But if you can't then you can't and we do the race as planned at 8:00. Let me also know if there is a compromise like 8:30 GMT possible.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br />It is ok by me.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » October 4th, 2005, 1:50 am

Fine with me. (8.30/9.30GMT)<br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] Pieter

e-row

Post by [old] Pieter » October 4th, 2005, 5:19 am

No problem,<br />8.30 / 9.00 is fine.<br /><br />Pieter

[old] Pieter

e-row

Post by [old] Pieter » October 4th, 2005, 5:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Oct 3 2005, 10:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Oct 3 2005, 10:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is anyone doing the 3 X 2000m workout ( not part of Fall series) the day before ? It would be nice to get some fast ergers for this one also. That would make it a big weekend for Rowpro. Bring on the weekend.<br /><br /><br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Still 5 spots availeble <br /><br />Pieter

[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » October 4th, 2005, 6:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Pieter+Oct 4 2005, 04:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Pieter @ Oct 4 2005, 04:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Oct 3 2005, 10:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Oct 3 2005, 10:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is anyone doing the 3 X 2000m workout ( not part of Fall series) the day before ? It would be nice to get some fast ergers for this one also. That would make it a big weekend for Rowpro. Bring on the weekend.<br /><br /><br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Still 5 spots availeble <br /><br />Pieter <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I'm not a fast erger, my PB for 2K is 6:45 and after the holydays my performace has decreased a little but anyway, if my wife doesn't have other plans (go shopping, bring the kids to some saturday morning activity etc etc etc , you know.... ) I will try to be there

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » October 4th, 2005, 1:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Oct 3 2005, 01:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Oct 3 2005, 01:33 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <br /><br />Andreas, glad to see you back on the Pixal River    How did you get on in the Canoe race?<br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />8:30 GMT is tide, but I will make sure that I make it.<br /><br />Phil<br /> About the canoe race:considering that I only been on the water 5 time since Dec and only one of these sessions been longer than 1h, I'm very please with my 139 place out if 1700 entries and 22nd in my age category.Somehow the erging fitness tranferes to canoeing<br />link to the race website<br /><a href='http://www.fishmarathon.org.za/' target='_blank'>http://www.fishmarathon.org.za/</a><br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 4th, 2005, 4:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Oct 4 2005, 12:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Oct 4 2005, 12:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->8:30 GMT is tide, but I will make sure that I make it.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great! I will not setup a new race because of the half hour delay to the original planned start of 8:00. All competitors have read this thread and know the real <b>start will be at Sunday 9, 8:30GMT</b>. I will be online at 8:00, so that we can maybe do some warming up before online. Michael (H2O) will hopefully register tomorrow as announced in one of the topics in this thread.<br /><br />The delay times based on your 5k times are:<br />1) Hennie starts without delay<br />2) Pieter starts with 5 seconds delay<br />3) Phil starts with 30 seconds delay<br />4) Michael starts with 49 seconds delay<br />5) Jaap starts with 50 seconds delay<br />6) Roland starts with 50 seconds delay<br />7) Andreas starts with 58 seconds delay<br /><br />Roland, Michael and others who prefer a straight race are allowed to start together with Andreas (58 seconds delay): I thought this over and it looks to me that since you are only reducing your chance on bonus points, we should be allowed to start with a longer delay than based on our SB's. However to be able to calculate your net times afterwards, <b>I need to know from anyone who wants a change in his delay (only a longer delay is possible) what this is going to be</b>.<br /><br />Frank, if you are reading this, maybe you can give us your opinion as well. Hopefully we are not undermining the scoring system now?<br /><br />I will start together with Andreas (58 sec). With the canoe marathon in his arms and the BIRC training in his legs, it may be my lucky day. <br /><br />Jaap.<br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » October 4th, 2005, 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 4 2005, 08:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 4 2005, 08:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will start together with Andreas (58 sec). With the canoe marathon in his arms and the BIRC training in his legs, it may be my lucky day. <br /><br />Jaap. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Your joking right You think that will slow Big Andreas up I will try and hold you of as much as I can, but I know Michael is a very fast starter, I try and finish quick.<br /><br />Are we going to see any "Fly and Dies" <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 6th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Michael where are you ? Already 7 people have registered so only one slot open. Rocket Roy entered the race. His delay time will be 4 seconds.<br />Roland and Michael will you start together with Andreas and me (58 sec delay)?<br /><br /><br />Jaap

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » October 6th, 2005, 6:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 6 2005, 02:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 6 2005, 02:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Michael where are you ? Already 7 people have registered so only one slot open. Rocket Roy entered the race. His delay time will be 4 seconds.<br />Roland and Michael will you start together with Andreas and me (58 sec delay)?<br /><br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jaap,<br /> I'll start together with Andreas and you @ 58 seconds if you join Hennie, Peiter, Jamie & me the day before in the 3 X 2000m workout. Can't have you starting the 5K too fresh without a solid workout the day before. Gotta have a level playing field. Besides I need someone to push me to a triple sub 6:30 for the 3 X 2Ks.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] Rocket Roy

e-row

Post by [old] Rocket Roy » October 7th, 2005, 5:24 am

So, to be clear, I start after 4 seconds after the GO. Yes?<br /><br />I'm new to all this and don't want to cock it up for everyone.

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 7th, 2005, 6:37 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Rocket Roy+Oct 7 2005, 11:24 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Rocket Roy @ Oct 7 2005, 11:24 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So, to be clear, I start after 4 seconds after the GO. Yes?<br /><br />I'm new to all this and don't want to cock it up for everyone. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Yes; you wait 4 seconds and start.<br /><br />Have a good race.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » October 7th, 2005, 11:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 6 2005, 02:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 6 2005, 02:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Michael where are you ? Already 7 people have registered so only one slot open. Rocket Roy entered the race. His delay time will be 4 seconds.<br />Roland and Michael will you start together with Andreas and me (58 sec delay)?<br /><br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I injured my back pretty badly and am out of the picture for the race on Sunday.<br />It is only today that I could make it to the computer for the first time.<br /><br />Immediately after the injury I forced myself on the rower, warmed up for 20 mins, rowed a marathon PB (2:38:34) and felt perfectly fine. Unfortunately I was unable to get out of bed the next day.<br /><br />I am now slowly trying to get back.<br />

[old] Rocket Roy

e-row

Post by [old] Rocket Roy » October 7th, 2005, 11:47 am

Great time mate, sorry about the back. Hope it clears up soon!