LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » September 6th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Congratulations, Jane!!! We'll look forward to your return when you're ready!

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » September 7th, 2010, 9:09 am

Congratulations from TimbukToo Jane. Very beautiful baby :D But no excuse for not rowing. My ancestors use to have babies in canoes, then paddle through class 4 and class 5 rapids. :D
God bless you both.
jim

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » September 7th, 2010, 11:27 am

brotherjim wrote:Congratulations from TimbukToo Jane. Very beautiful baby :D But no excuse for not rowing. My ancestors use to have babies in canoes, then paddle through class 4 and class 5 rapids. :D
God bless you both.
jim
Bravo for your female ancestors, BrotherJim, but no male has the right to make that no excuse statement. No major gripe here from me; I realize that you were only trying to be encouraging, but it is still a bit jarring to read.

Bob S.

P.S. Apologies to those TBT members who object to a non-member butting into the thread.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 9.06.10

Post by Kona2 » September 7th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Image 8 days to the start ! Are you on the team roster ?!

We're an open team. That means anyone who wants to can join...without asking permission. You can join for a challenge or for a season or for however long we exist. We don't have minimum meter requirements. We do encourage and support each other - and celebrate milestones.

There are lots of things and events that make you raise your arms in victory, or pump your fist and shout hooyah or yeah or whoop whoop....wouldn't it be great if there were more?!!

Some of the events are exercise milestones like that first half marathon (or even the 500th!), first sub-eight minute 2K, or keeping that kayak/canoe upright for the two hours you rented it. Or your first million meter season. You don't have to belong to a team to experience all those things - and putting meter time in on the erg can be a welcome bit of solitude for some. Why bother with joining a team for a team challenge? (Yes, more shameless advertising...)

Team challenges offer a continued rowing exercise goal. The individual challenges may offer challenge meter distances, or daily meter distances, or number of days completing a daily meter distance. Team challenges offer the boundary of a time frame - and the rest is up to the team and its members. We build our teams, cheer on our teammates, earn honor board rights....and get the tee-shirt. Along the way, some interesting things can happen -- you find yourself in some fun intra and inter-team competitions, someone offers a suggestion that helps you with your rowing, you're cheering on the accomplishments of other team members...and suddenly when you think about getting your exercise, it's more than just sitting down at the erg and cranking out meters for however long you're going to row that day. Especially when you look at the team rankings....that competitive spirit's going to be there....and you get the personal benefit of a better workout.

Why join the Luna-Tics?

Our goal is to row enough meters to get to the moon. That's 384,000,000 meters. We're not the first team to have that goal. Since we're the Luna-Tics, we've made up some of our own distance awards based on stellar events. A half moon is a half marathon. A full moon is a full marathon. A red giant is posting greater than 50,000 m. The team goal and the team name do seem to attract those with an adventurous spirit. Daily stats and encouragement provided. Here's today's write up:

Season meters as of 128/365 = 23,537,114 m

Total meters on the day = 267,322 m

Oars in space (participation) = 22 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.5 MM Will S
2.1 MM Chris

ONE Million Meter Watch: They are all so close!

Baz with (19,146 m) to go!

William H (aka Wild Bill) with (24,405 m) to go! Only a tough study schedule will keep him away from this goal today!

Jim with (33,028 m) to go! May have already crossed the finish line but not yet uploaded the meters!

Great rowing by all today:

Claire 4,002 (some on the erg, some on the water)
Tom 5,000 m
David T 6,000 m
Gina 6,212 m
Peter G 9,000 m
Steven L 10,000 m
Rodrigo 12,882 m
Mike M 13,000 m
Danno 22,095 m Image
AJ 22,126 m Image
Chris 24,637 m Image
Ted 27,000 m Image
William H (Wild Bill) 35,056 m Image
Will S 70,312 m for a red giant Image

Hope today brings something that makes you raise your arms in victory, or pump your fist and shout hooyah or yeah or whoop whoop!!

DUCKMARX
1k Poster

Post by DUCKMARX » September 7th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Calamity wrote:The reason Jane has not rowed this season (yet)
Adian Cadel Newall Vuillemot
Aug 29 4:08 Am 10lbs, 23 1/2 inches
Jane, a big WHOOP! WHOOP! for the arrival of your beautiful baby boy!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » September 7th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Jane,

What a beautiful baby, congrats. Welcome back when you are ready!

danno

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » September 7th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Bob S.- you are always welcome to post here. I was priviledged to witness you break the WR in Long Beach last year. You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your wisdom on this forum, my own success at the Beach Sprints was a direct result of your posts on warming up and training. I hope to row as well and as long as you have.
-Gina
Bob S. wrote:
brotherjim wrote:Congratulations from TimbukToo Jane. Very beautiful baby :D But no excuse for not rowing. My ancestors use to have babies in canoes, then paddle through class 4 and class 5 rapids. :D
God bless you both.
jim
Bravo for your female ancestors, BrotherJim, but no male has the right to make that no excuse statement. No major gripe here from me; I realize that you were only trying to be encouraging, but it is still a bit jarring to read.

Bob S.

P.S. Apologies to those TBT members who object to a non-member butting into the thread.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 9.7.10

Post by Kona2 » September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am

Image 40 team members ... woot! 7 days (6 for the Aussies) to the starting gun!

Season meters as of 130/365 = 23,726,734 m

Total meters on the day = 189,620 m

Oars in space (participation) = 25 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

1.1 AJ

700K Ted

ONE Million Meter Watch: Wowzer....we could have THREE new meter millionaires by end of day...

Baz with (1,955 m) to go! Teaser...

Jim with (19,999 m) to go!

Wild Bill with (24,405 m) to go!

Today's rowers were cranking out the meters! Whoop! Whoop! Way to row!

Dave H (US) 2,021 m
Karon 5,000 m
Claire 5,001 m
David T 6,000 m
Peter G 6,500 m
Steven L 7,224 m
Minnie 9,045 m
Ted 12,000 m
Will S 12,532 m
Mike M 13,011 m
Jim 13,029 m
Dave H (AUS) 15,000 m
Baz 16,191 m
Mike C 20,000 m
AJ 23,331 m ...going for that 10K a day honor board....
Dan 23,735 m

Meanwhile, our team Moose is out on the Canadian waterways (I think)....enjoying some canoe time!

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » September 8th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Wow! Congratulations Jane... best excuse for not rowing that I have ever seen!
Thanks Toothdoc and all for the encouragement - with newborn babies and all, this board really is like a family!
It has been a while since I have gone through the team list, however it seems I have a name clone in the US... what are the odds on that?!? :shock: G'day U.S. Dave H if you are reading!

Cheers,
Dave

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Another Meter Millionaire

Post by Kona2 » September 8th, 2010, 9:10 pm

ImageImageImage
Congratulations,Wild Bill, on achieving a ONE million meter season! Hooyah and well done!! We wish you many, many more!

Woot! Woot! Fireworks are flying !

William H
2k Poster

Re: Another Meter Millionaire

Post by William H » September 8th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage
Congratulations,Wild Bill, on achieving a ONE million meter season! Hooyah and well done!! We wish you many, many more!

Woot! Woot! Fireworks are flying !
It can't compare with Jane's new baby (that's priceless!) but still not too shabby - brings me up to a little over 16 Million Metres Lifetime :shock:

Couldn't have done it without the LUNA-TICS!

Now come on, Baz - really, less than 2,000 metres to go and you're still milking it? :lol:
ROWSTRONG / RIDESTRONG

Just call me, "Wild Bill"

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » September 8th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Nice Wild Bill. If you had not been awol I"d have expected 2 mil by! LOL

danno

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » September 9th, 2010, 1:42 am

Dave_H wrote: ...Thanks Toothdoc and all for the encouragement - with newborn babies and all, this board really is like a family! ...
And one more to add to that note ... AJ and I are proud to announce that our first grandchild, Juliette, was born this morning. We just got back from Berkeley where the newbie has already mastered algebra and is doing well in her ballet classes. (AJ rowed before we left home this morning ... but I did watch the crews training on Lake Merritt while we were eating dinner. Can I count those meters?)

Kona2
Marathon Poster

RE: New Babies

Post by Kona2 » September 9th, 2010, 6:47 am

just27 wrote:And one more to add to that note ... AJ and I are proud to announce that our first grandchild, Juliette, was born this morning. We just got back from Berkeley where the newbie has already mastered algebra and is doing well in her ballet classes.
Congratulations! Another generation of Tudury rowers! Her timing is great - National Grandparent's Day is this Sunday, September 12th....

Perhaps she'll take after her grandmother...Image

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » September 9th, 2010, 7:45 am

AJ & 27

Dang you beat me, but I think we knew that going in. Well done on the new grandbaby. I hear they are more fun than your own kids.

danno