Fall Series Sandbaggers Heats

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » December 3rd, 2005, 10:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Dec 3 2005, 04:31 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Dec 3 2005, 04:31 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 3 2005, 10:15 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 3 2005, 10:15 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I realize I should be pulling around 6:50 ... (snip) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />How/why did you estimate this pace? <br /><br />I'm assuming it's from some aspect of the Wolverine Plan where you've extrapolated performance in some (or several) of the workouts and correlated them to 2K pace. <br /><br />Mike deliberately would not make the connection to his race pace and the L1 or L2 interval workouts, but he does say that there is a close correlation for him (and then comments that because it works for him, he does not assume it works for anyone else).<br /><br />I'd just be curious about what you've seen or thought.<br /><br />My last 4 x 1,000 was at 1:52.5 and my PB today was 1:52.5. Pretty close correlation there! <br /><br />My last 8 x 500 was at 1:51.3, but it was several weeks ago.<br /><br />Hmmmm ... just curious ... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm using the 4x1k -1 as the estimate. November has been a weak training month. Just getting by with the races and 1-2 other workouts. Not enough to maintain. My last 4x1k in October was at 1:43.8 and my last 8x500 was 1:39.4.<br /><br />Today's workout was on a short warmup and I had woke up only 40 minutes before. We'll see what I can do next weekend. It's all just a theory until you actually do it, but I'll still use the 4x1k as my guide.

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » December 4th, 2005, 9:18 am

These sandbaggers races are really harsh. My best 2K this season was 9:00.0 during a cooldown from a 10K. But the power that be, wouldn't let me be turtle yesterday. I was hoping to beat Sir Pirate by being the ultimate sandbagger.<br /><br />I had to start three seconds behind Sir Pirate. I only planned to do 6:40, but started off fast to keep Sir Pirate rowing scared. He managed to stay just off my screen for most of the race. Near the end, I could see the tail of his boat, so I kept going. But, the bloody bloke just wouldn't quit. He had to do better than at BIRC to stay ahead, and he did! Sir Pirate, you made me hurt! But, I was well chuffed all day at pipping you in real time. (Even if I had to cheat and use slides.)<br /><br />I rowed faster than at CRASH-B last year or any other of my many races last year, but I still managed to only pass one boat! This is why sandbaggers races are so hard - there are sooooo many sandbagger! But it is great to see everybody doing so well.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » December 4th, 2005, 9:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canoeist+Dec 4 2005, 09:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canoeist @ Dec 4 2005, 09:18 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->These sandbaggers races are really harsh.  My best 2K this season was 9:00.0 during a cooldown from a 10K.  But the power that be, wouldn't let me be turtle yesterday.  I was hoping to beat Sir Pirate by being the ultimate sandbagger.<br /><br />I had to start three seconds behind Sir Pirate.  I only planned to do 6:40, but started off fast to keep Sir Pirate rowing scared.  He managed to stay just off my screen for most of the race.  Near the end, I could see the tail of his boat, so I kept going.  But, the bloody bloke just wouldn't quit.  He had to do better than at BIRC to stay ahead, and he did!  Sir Pirate, you made me hurt!  But, I was well chuffed all day at pipping you in real time.  (Even if I had to cheat and use slides.)<br /><br />I rowed faster than at CRASH-B last year or any other of my many races last year, but I still managed to only pass one boat!  This is why sandbaggers races are so hard - there are sooooo many sandbagger!  But it is great to see everybody doing so well.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, Paul, we sandbag because it's the only chance we get to see the first boat cross the finish line in online races! However, next week, you'll be tucking into those pancakes while us slowboats are still racing!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » December 4th, 2005, 9:35 am

Well done to you Paul, I knew from the start that I would not catch the 1st person of as they were going of at sub 2:00 pace. I just rowed my own race. I thought I had beaten you, then I checked the final times. <br /><br />You rowed very well Paul, I will try and get revange on you next week.<br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] JCPC

e-row

Post by [old] JCPC » December 4th, 2005, 12:22 pm

I am honored tha you all play friendly with a new guy.<br />Sorry if I messed up the times.<br />It was a pleasure rowing with you and after the killer pace I put in I did appreciate the extra 30sec on the cool down.<br /><br />Thanks

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » December 10th, 2005, 9:35 am

Here's the results of this morning's 2k.<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Paul  6:28.8<br />Phil  6:38.8<br />Jeff  6:58.0<br />Bill  7:16.1<br />Tim   7:24.1<br />Mark  7:26.1<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table>

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » December 10th, 2005, 9:38 am

Another PB for Mark. Nice going.<br /><br />I've pulled out of the HM next weekend. We're headed to New York for the day to drop off my mother-in-law. Plus my training is suffering right now by not getting enough sleep with the babies.<br /><br />Thanks for the pacing Jeff. I had it, but either the asthma, the sinuses, or the lack of sleep kicked my butt and had to mentally back off.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » December 10th, 2005, 10:00 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Another PB for Mark.  Nice going.<br /><br />I've pulled out of the HM next weekend.  We're headed to New York for the day to drop off my mother-in-law.  Plus my training is suffering right now by not getting enough sleep with the babies.<br /><br />Thanks for the pacing Jeff.  I had it, but either the asthma, the sinuses, or the lack of sleep kicked my butt and had to mentally back off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I need to withdraw as well; glad I did a poor one last weekend for the Nonathlon. I have a quick overseas trip that must be made. Sorry, unless I can find an erg with an Internet connection there.

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » December 11th, 2005, 8:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the pacing Jeff.  I had it, but either the asthma, the sinuses, or the lack of sleep kicked my butt and had to mentally back off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You looked good for nearly 1500 meters, right on target. I noticed you slide just a little then boom. I felt bad for you. You're pretty darn close to that sub 7 so keep it up.<br /><br />Jeff

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » December 11th, 2005, 6:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jfisher+Dec 11 2005, 08:52 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jfisher @ Dec 11 2005, 08:52 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 10 2005, 09:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the pacing Jeff.  I had it, but either the asthma, the sinuses, or the lack of sleep kicked my butt and had to mentally back off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You looked good for nearly 1500 meters, right on target. I noticed you slide just a little then boom. I felt bad for you. You're pretty darn close to that sub 7 so keep it up.<br /><br />Jeff <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That was the start of a cold that still got me knocked on my butt. At least I got some sleep list night courtesy of the Nyquil. Now it's time to train for February. (At least when this cold passes).

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » December 11th, 2005, 10:49 pm

Friends:<br /><br />I know that many of you are entering the CRASH-Bs. I am not, but I have entered the regional in Cincinnati on January 29th. I'd like to do a few 2K "tests" every few weeks between now and then.<br /><br />If you have interest in joining me, let me know ... and also let me know best times for you.<br /><br />Best for me if these are done on Saturday, 1300GMT (or so). If you have suggestions for a schedule, and working these around the holidays coming up, please let me know.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » December 11th, 2005, 11:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 11 2005, 05:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 11 2005, 05:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That was the start of a cold that still got me knocked on my butt.  At least I got some sleep list night courtesy of the Nyquil.  Now it's time to train for February.  (At least when this cold passes). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Sorry to see you had trouble yesterday, Bill. You were so ready to race a couple of week ago, what happened???<br /><br />Oh yeah, now I remember. Once you get your sleep and life and family and everything else you have going on sorted out just a bit, I am sure you will be back faster than ever. Good luck (and have fun with those kids).<br />

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » December 11th, 2005, 11:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Dec 11 2005, 11:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Dec 11 2005, 11:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 11 2005, 05:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 11 2005, 05:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That was the start of a cold that still got me knocked on my butt.  At least I got some sleep list night courtesy of the Nyquil.  Now it's time to train for February.  (At least when this cold passes). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Sorry to see you had trouble yesterday, Bill. You were so ready to race a couple of week ago, what happened???<br /><br />Oh yeah, now I remember. Once you get your sleep and life and family and everything else you have going on sorted out just a bit, I am sure you will be back faster than ever. Good luck (and have fun with those kids). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Baby #4 is kicking my butt. It's not really him, it's just that I take care of the other 3 at night. (The ages of the other 3 are 4, 3, and 14 months). The baby is closing in on 1 month now, and more family is coming to town to help, so hopefully I can get a solid 10 weeks of training in before CRASHBs.<br /><br />I'll join in a few 2k time trials with Mark. I think every 3 weeks is best for this Mark, since I cycle the WP every 3 weeks.<br /><br />I may even be back in the HM next Saturday, now that we're not headed to NY. Now the only thing holding me back is me actually wanting to do the race. I'll probably stick to training for now.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » December 12th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Friends:<br /><br />I put up a couple of 2K "tests" for 13:00 GMT on January 7, 2006 (Happy New Year!) and January 21, 2006. These are for all who would like to join. I'll use them as "tests" for my training for my first live venue race on 1/29.<br /><br />Please join if you can. If you'd prefer we make them a bit later, that would probably work for me, as long as it's not too much later (maybe an hour).<br /><br />Bill, I know you'd like the 3 week spacing, but it was hard for me to work around the holidays, and get this right so I don't have to race the day before my race! After that date, I'll be willing to race whenever anyone wants a slowpoke.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Thanks -- Mark