Fall Series Sandbaggers Heats

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 12th, 2005, 11:02 am

Mark,<br /><br />In April I did a weight loss program to get rid of 30#. It was a low carb program that took 8 weeks. I did about 50k per week during this time. In June I started the WP, but it was really just sampling it. But by July I had ramped up to 100k weeks doing 6 workouts. In July I pulled my current 2k PB. It was 4 seconds faster than 5 years ago, so I was quite happy heading to 40 and being in better shape than I was in my 30s.<br /><br />My guess is that you could pull off 4 seconds off of your 2k PB with every 3 weeks of training through January. Let the training paces of the L1 & L2 workouts dictate your racing. There's enough theory out there to judge where you should be relative to these workouts. I'll let you know when we do the 2k races in a few weeks how they correlate to my training.<br /><br />You can get to sub-7, but it will take more time than January. Sub 7:20 should be realistic. I'm targeting sub 6:50 for the Fall Series and sub 6:40 for CRASH-Bs.<br /><br />When I blow up in a workout, it messes with the rest of the week. So, I too need to stick to my slow and steady progression theory.

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » November 12th, 2005, 11:59 am

I was happy with my time today as I had done a session 15 minutes before the 1K. I knew I would not beat a fresh Mr Slack, oops, I mean Flack So raced for second place only. Did better than my planed 1:37.5.<br /><br />All details of my days training can be found in my diary at-<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3</a><br /><br />Well done to all PB & SB'ers <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 12th, 2005, 1:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 12 2005, 11:02 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 12 2005, 11:02 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mark,<br /><br />In April I did a weight loss program to get rid of 30#.  It was a low carb program that took 8 weeks.  I did about 50k per week during this time.  In June I started the WP, but it was really just sampling it.  But by July I had ramped up to 100k weeks doing 6 workouts.  In July I pulled my current 2k PB.  It was 4 seconds faster than 5 years ago, so I was quite happy heading to 40 and being in better shape than I was in my 30s.<br /><br />My guess is that you could pull off 4 seconds off of your 2k PB with every 3 weeks of training through January.  Let the training paces of the L1 & L2 workouts dictate your racing.  There's enough theory out there to judge where you should be relative to these workouts.  I'll let you know when we do the 2k races in a few weeks how they correlate to my training.<br /><br />You can get to sub-7, but it will take more time than January.  Sub 7:20 should be realistic.  I'm targeting sub 6:50 for the Fall Series and sub 6:40 for CRASH-Bs.<br /><br />When I blow up in a workout, it messes with the rest of the week.  So, I too need to stick to my slow and steady progression theory. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Bill. This helps a great deal.<br /><br />My sub-7 target might be too aggressive -- I'll modify it over time as I see how the WP works. It would make sense that if I'm having problems getting to a sub-3:30-1K, that sub-7:00 for 2K is a ways off. I just haven't done enough fast, short pieces, other than the 1Ks we've done in the Fall Series, to know my current limits. It's clear the L3 and L4 work is needed to increase my aerobic base to be able to hang on at the end of the 1K and 2K distances. I look at this season as building the base and getting technique figured out, which will make next season that much more productive.

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » November 12th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Nice race guys, wish I could have been there. I think Holm might have pushed me to a faster time. We would have been close.<br /><br />Frank and I had a good race. We were dead even until about 100 meters to go when he dropped off the pace. It was a new PB for me.<br /><br />I'm still trying to figure out what my best pace is without exploding at the end. I think I was close today. I felt much more pain than last week. <br /><br />Jeff

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 12th, 2005, 9:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Nov 12 2005, 10:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Nov 12 2005, 10:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was happy with my time today as I had done a session 15 minutes before the 1K. I knew I would not beat a fresh Mr Slack, oops, I mean Flack    So raced for second place only. Did better than my planed 1:37.5.<br /><br />All details of my days training can be found in my diary at-<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3</a><br /><br />Well done to all PB & SB'ers  <br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Sir Pirate,<br /> Looking at your training diary and your less than desired 1K result, wouldn't it have been better to do the 1K race in the morning, with us Fast Fall series guys, and your 2 X 3000m workout in the afternoon?<br /><br />I know you hate rowing in the morning but you may have been happier with the end result. I think most of us worked the 1K race into our training schedules to get the best results.<br /><br />I rowed on water for one hour and half Friday night then the same again 6.30 Saturday morning then a one hour and half bike ride, shopping with the kids in the afternoon then the sub 3 minute 1K race before dinner. Busy day but it all fit perfectly.<br /><br />Rockin Roland

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 12th, 2005, 9:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jfisher+Nov 12 2005, 09:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jfisher @ Nov 12 2005, 09:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nice race guys, wish I could have been there.  I think Holm might have pushed me to a faster time.  We would have been close.<br /><br />Frank and I had a good race.  We were dead even until about 100 meters to go when he dropped off the pace.  It was a new PB for me.<br /><br />I'm still trying to figure out what my best pace is without exploding at the end.  I think I was close today.  I felt much more pain than last week.  <br /><br />Jeff <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jeff,<br /><br />Thanks for the tow. <br /><br />It was also a new PB for me by 2.5 seconds. The last time I set a PB in the 1K was over 2 1/2 years ago when I set my 2K PB. I keep telling myself I'm training for a December marathon but with just a little bit of interval work my 1K time has improved too. All of this racing certainly has helped my times across the board. <br /><br />Frank

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » November 12th, 2005, 11:29 pm

Great rowing, guys. Wish I was there. Hopefully, Frank is somehow planning on rowing again tomorrow morning?

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 13th, 2005, 6:58 am

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Nov 13 2005, 03:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Nov 13 2005, 03:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Great rowing, guys.  Wish I was there.  Hopefully, Frank is somehow planning on rowing again tomorrow morning? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Michael,<br /><br />I will be there. Jeff needed someone to make his race official so I used his race as my scoring race this weekend. We are doing a family breakfast Sunday morning and my real challenge will be to race hard after eating heartily. I suspect that I will still manage to be fastest in my heat. <br /><br />You should join me in the 30 minute cool down @ 15:15 GMT.<br /><br />Frank<br /><br />

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » November 13th, 2005, 9:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Nov 13 2005, 01:41 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Nov 13 2005, 01:41 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Sir Pirate,<br />              Looking at your training diary and your less than desired 1K result, wouldn't it have been better to do the 1K race in the morning, with us Fast Fall series guys, and your 2 X 3000m workout in the afternoon?<br /><br />I know you hate rowing in the morning but you may have been happier with the end result. I think most of us worked the 1K race into our training schedules to get the best results.<br /><br />I rowed on water for one hour and half Friday night then the same again 6.30 Saturday morning then a one hour and half bike ride, shopping with the kids in the afternoon then the sub 3 minute 1K race before dinner. Busy day but it all fit perfectly.<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Roland<br />I had planned to do exactly what you had stated above. I did enter the Fast Fall Race but had to withdraw due to a slight belly toilet problem <br /><br />I will not be able to row the 10K this coming weekend as I will be at BIRC. Can we set a race up for Tuesday, maybe Nigels OR_10k_Session can be used.<br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 13th, 2005, 10:41 pm

I put up a 10k heat for next weekend under "Sandbaggers 10k Handicap". Let me know your PB/SB for the start delays. Mine is below. (No extra time off this one, since I just rowed this a few weeks ago.)

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 13th, 2005, 10:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 13 2005, 10:41 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 13 2005, 10:41 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put up a 10k heat for next weekend under "Sandbaggers 10k Handicap".  Let me know your PB/SB for the start delays.  Mine is below.  (No extra time off this one, since I just rowed this a few weeks ago.) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />Mine is: 42:35.7.<br /><br />I had best have a PB, since this was done during the last race series (July 2005).<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] Krysta Coleman

e-row

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » November 14th, 2005, 12:05 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 13 2005, 10:41 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 13 2005, 10:41 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put up a 10k heat for next weekend under "Sandbaggers 10k Handicap".  Let me know your PB/SB for the start delays.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Count me in, Bill. My PB is 43:55, but that should be a very soft target... I am tempted to knock at least a minute off that for my start time, but that kind of blew up in my face last time when I got overly optimistic and didn't make my "charitable" target for the 1k Handicap. <br /><br />Give me a day to think about it and I'll give you a more reasonable and fair start time. Thanks,<br /><br />- Krysta

[old] holm188

e-row

Post by [old] holm188 » November 14th, 2005, 12:29 am

I cannot make it for the usual 13GMT race on Saturday. I will race at 1GMT (8am for me on Saturday).<br /><br />Good race to the sandbaggers in their heat!!<br /><br />my 10k PB is 38:34.5 which is slow compared to the recent 6k. on the other hand the race will be early in the day: I think I'll try to aim for 38:15:00

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » November 14th, 2005, 8:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-holm188+Nov 14 2005, 12:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(holm188 @ Nov 14 2005, 12:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I cannot make it for the usual 13GMT race on Saturday. I will race at 1GMT (8am for me on Saturday).<br /><br />Good race to the sandbaggers in their heat!!<br /><br />my 10k PB is 38:34.5 which is slow compared to the recent 6k. on the other hand the race will be early in the day: I think I'll try to aim for 38:15:00 <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Considering you've been as fast as I have been so far, I think you'll do pretty well. I don't think I can make two minutes up on you. <br /><br />btw, it will be 8:00pm for me. How about that. <br /><br />See you Friday night, or would that be Saturday morning?<br /><br />Jeff

[old] Welshy

e-row

Post by [old] Welshy » November 14th, 2005, 11:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 14 2005, 02:41 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 14 2005, 02:41 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put up a 10k heat for next weekend under "Sandbaggers 10k Handicap".  Let me know your PB/SB for the start delays.  Mine is below.  (No extra time off this one, since I just rowed this a few weeks ago.) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill<br /><br />Ive entered this one my pb is 39.16.7 although i suspect i will get no where near that !