Fall Series Sandbaggers Heats

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 8th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Hi everyone. I see the first race I posted filled up without all of the regulars. I just put up another 1k 30 minutes later that I'll start, but won't "race". (Watch me put up a faster time!) I'm sure the 1k race looks very tempting for people passing by, but the regular folks might have been squeezed out. Even at 30 minutes later, I can admin another short race.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 9th, 2005, 8:44 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 8 2005, 11:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 8 2005, 11:18 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi everyone.  I see the first race I posted filled up without all of the regulars.  I just put up another 1k 30 minutes later that I'll start, but won't "race".  (Watch me put up a faster time!)  I'm sure the 1k race looks very tempting for people passing by, but the regular folks might have been squeezed out.  Even at 30 minutes later, I can admin another short race. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />I can race in either heat, so if someone needs to race the early race to get on with their day, I can move to the later race.<br /><br />Just have them PM me or send an e-mail to:<br /><br />mark_pukita@fastswitch.com<br /><br />You have it from last week, but my PB/SB is 03:36.3.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] hepting

e-row

Post by [old] hepting » November 9th, 2005, 9:09 am

I am just getting back into the erg swing after a fun summer... I am not clear on your post is this race designed for regulars? - I do not want to hold someone's slot - let me know if I am crashing the party!

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 9th, 2005, 9:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hepting+Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hepting @ Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am just getting back into the erg swing after a fun summer...  I am not clear on your post is this race designed for regulars? - I do not want to hold someone's slot - let me know if I am crashing the party! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Please join us. The shorter races are too tempting to not join in. We'll just do two races that morning. (Now if is't a Marathon, I'd be singing a different tune).<br /><br />There are 5 races left in the fall series. After this weekend, there will be two 10k races, and we will finish off with two 2ks. The first weekend is a handicap race, and the second weekend is a straight race.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 9th, 2005, 10:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hepting+Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hepting @ Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am just getting back into the erg swing after a fun summer...  I am not clear on your post is this race designed for regulars? - I do not want to hold someone's slot - let me know if I am crashing the party! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Absolutely join us ... the more, the better, as we try to promote online racing and get everyone involved. We'd love to have 10 heats each weekend!<br /><br />Tell your friends!!!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Sorry Frank, I should not speak for you since you have the nasty job of doing the scoring!

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » November 9th, 2005, 10:21 am

I am not really a regular on Sat morning, but I think I am going to row with Frank on Sunday morning this week instead. The 8am start is a little early for me which is why I didn't sign up earlier.

[old] Krysta Coleman

e-row

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » November 9th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Dyson, you should definitely join in the fun and don't worry about taking anyone's spot. We don't have "reserved" spaces in these.<br /><br />I may join Bill's Alt race 30 min later, or I might join one of the other scheduled 1k's this weekend - except the "Fast Fall Heat"! Those guys are just waaay too speedy!<br /><br />I normally do these races at 6am local time just because my baby has a better chance of sleeping through, but I don't have to worry about that for a 1k race. She can sit in the swing beside the erg and be my little coxwain for 4 minutes. <br /><br />- Krysta

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 9th, 2005, 8:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 9 2005, 02:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 9 2005, 02:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hepting+Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hepting @ Nov 9 2005, 09:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am just getting back into the erg swing after a fun summer...  I am not clear on your post is this race designed for regulars? - I do not want to hold someone's slot - let me know if I am crashing the party! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Absolutely join us ... the more, the better, as we try to promote online racing and get everyone involved. We'd love to have 10 heats each weekend!<br /><br />Tell your friends!!!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Sorry Frank, I should not speak for you since you have the nasty job of doing the scoring! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I don't mind adding another rower to the list. Dyson, just send me your age and weight category on the back of a new $50.00 bill. If you do that I will probably even throw in a few bonus points just for good measure.<br /><br />Frank<br />

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » November 11th, 2005, 8:33 am

I had to drop out of the early saturday race. Fatherly duties trumped racing online. <br /><br />I setup a race for 1700GMT (12:00pm EST). I may be the only one in the race. If someone want's to race a different time on Saturday I'm open or any time from 18:00GMT on Sunday.<br /><br />Good luck to you guys tomorrow.<br /><br />Jeff

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 11th, 2005, 8:45 am

I just killed the later race... It looks like everyone is finding a home...

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 12th, 2005, 9:39 am

Results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Paul    3:05.5<br />Phil    3:11.4<br />Holm    3:14.9<br />Bill    3:16.3<br />Stuart  3:19.8<br />Mark    3:36.2<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />PBs for Holm, Mark, and me.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 12th, 2005, 9:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Paul    3:05.5<br />Phil    3:11.4<br />Holm    3:14.9<br />Bill    3:16.3<br />Stuart  3:19.8<br />Mark    3:36.2<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />PBs for Holm, Mark, and me. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Have had a cold all week with a dry, painful cough. Trained through it, and got only a .1 sec improvement in PB. Guess I should be pleased, but kinda disappointed I can't get to 3:30 or lower.<br /><br />Thanks for running the race and posting times/handicaps Bill.<br /><br />Great race guys ...<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 12th, 2005, 9:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 12 2005, 09:45 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 12 2005, 09:45 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Paul    3:05.5<br />Phil    3:11.4<br />Holm    3:14.9<br />Bill    3:16.3<br />Stuart  3:19.8<br />Mark    3:36.2<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />PBs for Holm, Mark, and me. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Have had a cold all week with a dry, painful cough. Trained through it, and got only a .1 sec improvement in PB. Guess I should be pleased, but kinda disappointed I can't get to 3:30 or lower.<br /><br />Thanks for running the race and posting times/handicaps Bill.<br /><br />Great race guys ...<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It's all progressive. Last year at this time, I was just happy to be able to pull 2:10s for 20 minutes. Stick with the WP and the times will come down. Just don't expect them to happen overnight.

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 12th, 2005, 10:00 am

I see the fast heat had 3 guys go sub-3. Yikes!!!

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 12th, 2005, 10:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 12 2005, 09:57 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 12 2005, 09:57 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 12 2005, 09:45 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 12 2005, 09:45 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 12 2005, 09:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Paul    3:05.5<br />Phil    3:11.4<br />Holm    3:14.9<br />Bill    3:16.3<br />Stuart  3:19.8<br />Mark    3:36.2<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />PBs for Holm, Mark, and me. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Have had a cold all week with a dry, painful cough. Trained through it, and got only a .1 sec improvement in PB. Guess I should be pleased, but kinda disappointed I can't get to 3:30 or lower.<br /><br />Thanks for running the race and posting times/handicaps Bill.<br /><br />Great race guys ...<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It's all progressive. Last year at this time, I was just happy to be able to pull 2:10s for 20 minutes. Stick with the WP and the times will come down. Just don't expect them to happen overnight. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I know, and I will ... but being a Type A ... you know the drill ...<br /><br />I've decided to row in the Cincinnati Indoor Championships on January 29th (one of the CRASH-B qualifying events) to give me something to point towards with the WP. If I can get anywhere near 7:00 by that time, I'll be pleased. It's a long way from 7:38, but I started at 8+ in May, and have had no structured training until a few weeks ago. We'll see how it goes.<br /><br />When did you start back at it seriously Bill? Just trying to judge improvement rate, etc. Being a LW (or within a pound of it this morning), I know my times will be different than yours, but I would hope the pace of improvement would be similar, with a similar training commitment.<br />