Fall Series 6k S1

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 4th, 2005, 10:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 4 2005, 09:25 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 4 2005, 09:25 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 4 2005, 12:43 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 4 2005, 12:43 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Proposed Delayed Starts for Saturday based on all of the chatter...<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Name      SB    Delay<br />Krysta  3:48.0  0:00.0<br />Mark    3:30.0  0:18.0<br />Michael 3:20.0  0:28.0<br />Bill    3:20.0  0:28.0<br />Pedro   3:19.1  0:29.0<br />Holm    3:18.1  0:30.0<br />Jeff    3:17.8  0:30.0<br />Phil    3:08.0  0:40.0<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Adjusted for the charitable times Mark and Michael volunteered.<br /><br />My money is on Krysta, follwed by Pedro with at least 6 PBs.  I'll try to hold off the rest.  Holm and I were .6 apart on the 6k two weeks ago, but I never saw it due to our start time difference.  I'm hoping Jeff has been doing too much bag and technique work lately for his testing, and can't hit his PB.  And then there's the Pirate...I just hope his PM doesn't show 200m like the problem a few weeks ago.<br /><br />Gotta go get some rest.  Big race tomorrow... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />bump to the end... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Precisely! This is gonna be a blast!<br /><br /> <br /><br />I have a mental picture of 8 boats crossing the line at the same time. Very sweet.<br /><br /><br />

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » November 5th, 2005, 8:14 am

I have visions of hurling all over my pm3. <br /><br />Bill I know I'm good for 850 meters. After that, all bets are off....<br /><br />Jeff

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 5th, 2005, 9:52 am

Here are the results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Name     Time   Delay    Net<br />Pedro   3:41.7  0:29.0  3:12.7  *SB<br />Bill    3:46.0  0:28.0  3:18.0  *PB<br />Holm    3:46.3  0:30.0  3:16.3  *PB<br />Jeff    3:46.9  0:30.0  3:16.9  *PB<br />Phil    3:47.2  0:40.0  3:07.2  *SB<br />Krysta  3:49.3  0:00.0  3:49.3  *PB<br />Michael 3:50.6  0:28.0  3:22.6  *PB<br />Mark    3:54.3  0:18.0  3:36.3  *PB<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Everyone set at least a season best. For 6 of us it looks like it was a PB. What a crazy finish with RowPro in 3D. I just put my head down and pulled to stay ahead of Holm.<br /><br />Is there a way to replay this in 3d? I thought I saw that somewhere, but can't find it now.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 5th, 2005, 9:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin-jfisher+Nov 5 2005, 08:14 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jfisher @ Nov 5 2005, 08:14 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have visions of hurling all over my pm3.   <br /><br />Bill I know I'm good for 850 meters.  After that, all bets are off....<br /><br />Jeff <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jeff:<br /><br />OK, I gave in and uploaded my nasty mug. You've gotta upload yours so we all can have a mental picture of each other while racing. Makes it more personal.<br /><br />BTW, after the 1K today, I now have a painful cough. I believe I inflated parts of my lungs that hadn't been inflated in 20+ years! My daughter (15.5 years) thinks I'm going to be found cold and blue on the erg one Saturday morning.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Hope I didn't damage anything important!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Even if I did, it was worth the damage.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » November 5th, 2005, 10:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 5 2005, 01:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 5 2005, 01:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Here are the results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Name     Time   Delay    Net<br />Pedro   3:41.7  0:29.0  3:12.7  *SB<br />Bill    3:46.0  0:28.0  3:18.0  *PB<br />Holm    3:46.3  0:30.0  3:16.3  *PB<br />Jeff    3:46.9  0:30.0  3:16.9  *PB<br />Phil    3:47.2  0:40.0  3:07.2  *SB<br />Krysta  3:49.3  0:00.0  3:49.3  *PB<br />Michael 3:50.6  0:28.0  3:22.6  *PB<br />Mark    3:54.3  0:18.0  3:36.3  *PB<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Everyone set at least a season best.  For 6 of us it looks like it was a PB.  What a crazy finish with RowPro in 3D.  I just put my head down and pulled to stay ahead of Holm.<br /><br />Is there a way to replay this in 3d?  I thought I saw that somewhere, but can't find it now. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />And the Pirate went <b><span style='color:red'>BANG!!</span></b>. I went off way to fast and paid for it in the middle. Crap time but was happy that I managed to pull it back in the last few hundred meters. I will post my stroke graph in my diary a bit later with a link for anyone that wants to have a look.<br /><br />Well done to all, was "Fun" <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » November 5th, 2005, 10:24 am

Although I am disappointed in my row, it was really exciting and fun to watch. Except for Pedro, who blew by me and then disappeared, pretty much everyone else was on screen for much of the race. It was so close and the boat positions were changing so fast, it was hard to keep up. I need an announcer on a PA behind me telling who is in what position. I need to know that that is Pirate coming up from the back, and Krysta just out front, etc.<br /><br />For myself, I will have to figure out a better race plan for next week. My strategy this week of starting at a controled pace just didn't work, because while I started fine and was cruising along watching the fun, down the stretch in the 2nd half I just couldn't bring the pace down and then panicked when I started seeing 1:42's.<br /><br />I wanted to rank this piece as a lightweight anyway, so now I have two goals for the week: lose 2lbs and row faster than 3:22.6.

[old] bmoore

e-row

Post by [old] bmoore » November 5th, 2005, 10:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Nov 1 2005, 12:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Nov 1 2005, 12:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Bill ...you are almost certainly going to be under 3:20, maybe 3:18 or so <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Any other predictions you want to make?

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » November 5th, 2005, 11:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Nov 5 2005, 03:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Nov 5 2005, 03:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Here are the results:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->Name     Time   Delay    Net<br />Pedro   3:41.7  0:29.0  3:12.7  *SB<br />Bill    3:46.0  0:28.0  3:18.0  *PB<br />Holm    3:46.3  0:30.0  3:16.3  *PB<br />Jeff    3:46.9  0:30.0  3:16.9  *PB<br />Phil    3:47.2  0:40.0  3:07.2  *SB<br />Krysta  3:49.3  0:00.0  3:49.3  *PB<br />Michael 3:50.6  0:28.0  3:22.6  *PB<br />Mark    3:54.3  0:18.0  3:36.3  *PB<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />Everyone set at least a season best.  For 6 of us it looks like it was a PB.  What a crazy finish with RowPro in 3D.  I just put my head down and pulled to stay ahead of Holm.<br /><br />Is there a way to replay this in 3d?  I thought I saw that somewhere, but can't find it now. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Congratulations to you all a very good race!! Phil you had to join this morning with the fast guys and I had to join this also fast group and our times would be more in line with the times in that group <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Krysta Coleman

e-row

Post by [old] Krysta Coleman » November 5th, 2005, 1:10 pm

That was a fun bit torture this morning. <br /><br />I had the same strategy as Michael, to have a nice controlled pace for the first bit, then bring it down at the end. Of course, when the end came around, it was all I could do to not <b>add</b> a few seconds to my pace. So I think I might be better to start a little faster and then just worry about trying to maintain it. I also think I might up the stroke rate a bit. I don't really have the power for these short ones, but I think I can cheat the recovery's a bit more. I did get a 5.6 sec PB on this one, but I think I have room for some improvement still for next week.<br /><br />Mark, I am still coughing and clearing my throat from this race now too, a few hours later, so you're not alone. That often happens to me after hard sprints, though. Don't know if it's normal or not?<br /><br />Anyway, good job everyone! See you next week.

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » November 5th, 2005, 1:33 pm

I have put my graphs in my diary for those interested. Race description too <br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog.php?w=3</a><br /><br />Sir P<br /><br />

[old] holm188

e-row

Post by [old] holm188 » November 5th, 2005, 1:34 pm

When I try to start a piece (1k or 2k) "easily" then if I do not pay attention I drop the SR and the strokes are too powerful. It is then hard to speed up at the end. So when I start for anything else then fly and die (I try to avoid that one), I pay much attention to my SR and keep it at my target. Then usually the speeding up works.

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 5th, 2005, 2:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Krysta Coleman+Nov 5 2005, 01:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Krysta Coleman @ Nov 5 2005, 01:10 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That was a fun bit torture this morning.  <br /><br />I had the same strategy as Michael, to have a nice controlled pace for the first bit, then bring it down at the end.  Of course, when the end came around, it was all I could do to not <b>add</b> a few seconds to my pace.  So I think I might be better to start a little faster and then just worry about trying to maintain it.  I also think I might up the stroke rate a bit.  I don't really have the power for these short ones, but I think I can cheat the recovery's a bit more.  I did get a 5.6 sec PB on this one, but I think I have room for some improvement still for next week.<br /><br />Mark, I am still coughing and clearing my throat from this race now too, a few hours later, so you're not alone.  That often happens to me after hard sprints, though.  Don't know if it's normal or not?<br /><br />Anyway, good job everyone!  See you next week. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Krysta:<br /><br />Hours later and the lungs and throat still hurt -- I'm sure it's probably from dehydration due to high breathing rate and explosive breathing for the duration of the race. I did a 40' L4 Wolverine Plan row right after the cool down which didn't help, I'm sure.<br /><br />My race went like yours -- out fast enough to get on pace, got a bit faster, hit the wall, struggled, slowed, and slowed some more, even as I raised stroke rate -- power was gone because the old legs were cooked. <br /><br />I felt like I was pulling harder and harder at the end but the split on the monitor would not move. Imagine that; must have a bad monitor!<br /><br /> <br /><br />In any event, we hit PBs even though we missed our targets. Gotta take some satisfaction in that ... and then there's always *NEXT* Saturday. Ouch!<br /><br /> <br /><br />-- Mark

[old] divaytripi

e-row

Post by [old] divaytripi » November 5th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Well guys. This race was my last in erow until.......<br />I will try come back soon but training on water difficult to escape to do our great races but all is possible. Next Monday I will fly to my town in the Northwest of Spain cloudy and rain all the days how UK more or less but the good thing is come back to row on water 7 years after last time. My trainer saw my times in the erg and he know that I am well to it and I want to do it but train 7 days in a week again will be hard but to burn to the young rowers with 20/25 years will be fun.<br />Well the race today was great because I think that I started slow but my progression was very good in the last 500 pace sub 1:35 was fast and the last 200 meters my legs were flying and I didn´t think it.<br />This was the first time I didn´t watch the screen only concentrate in the pace and in my final sprint if I could to do hard or not but was possible only 1 second over pb it´s very good.<br />Well friends I hope to be again in the erow and fight with all the great persons that are back the screen.<br />Congratulations all pb/sb today row everyday faster is great.<br />See you.<br />Regards<br />Pedro

[old] mpukita

e-row

Post by [old] mpukita » November 5th, 2005, 3:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-divaytripi+Nov 5 2005, 02:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(divaytripi @ Nov 5 2005, 02:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well guys. This race was my last in erow until.......<br />I will try come back soon but training on water difficult to escape to do our great races but all is possible. Next Monday I will fly to my town in the Northwest  of Spain cloudy and rain all the days how UK more or less but the good thing is come back to row on water 7 years after last time. My trainer saw my times in the erg and he know that I am well to it and I want to do it but train 7 days in a week again will be hard but to burn to the young rowers with 20/25 years will be fun.<br />Well the race today was great because I think that I started slow but my progression was very good in the last 500 pace sub 1:35 was fast and the last 200 meters my legs were flying and I didn´t think it.<br />This was the first time I didn´t watch the screen only concentrate in the pace and in my final sprint if I could to do hard or not but was possible only 1 second over pb it´s very good.<br />Well friends I hope to be again in the erow and fight with all the great persons that are back the screen.<br />Congratulations all pb/sb today row everyday faster is great.<br />See you.<br />Regards<br />Pedro <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Pedro:<br /><br />Best wishes our friend, row hard, and please let us know how it goes if you can get Internet access. We'll be interested in hearing your stories!<br /><br />Safe travels ...<br /><br /> <br /><br />Cheers -- Mark<br />

[old] jfisher

e-row

Post by [old] jfisher » November 5th, 2005, 6:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Nov 5 2005, 09:54 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Nov 5 2005, 09:54 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jeff:<br /><br />OK, I gave in and uploaded my nasty mug.  You've gotta upload yours so we all can have a mental picture of each other while racing.  Makes it more personal.<br /><br />BTW, after the 1K today, I now have a painful cough.  I believe I inflated parts of my lungs that hadn't been inflated in 20+ years!  My daughter (15.5 years) thinks I'm going to be found cold and blue on the erg one Saturday morning.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Hope I didn't damage anything important!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Even if I did, it was worth the damage.<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /> <br /><br />I'm not sure I have any digital pictures of myself. I'll scrounge around and see what I can come up with.<br /><br />I remember when I tried to qualify for the Olympic trails in the 4000m pursuit on the track. I swear I could taste blood and my throat hurt for about a day. Isn't racing wonderful. <br /><br />Way to push yourself. That will pay dividends in a couple of weeks.<br /><br />Jeff