Marathon Challenge -- Any Takers?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 12th, 2005, 6:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Oct 12 2005, 11:19 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Oct 12 2005, 11:19 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Today I noticed that the marathon on 10/29 is full.<br />This fits me well since I am not very motivated to do another one and don't believe<br />I can improve significantly on my current time.<br />Also 8:00 AM (local) is a little early for me.<br /><br />Due to endurance rowing I have lost so much speed I don't think I can go under<br />6:34 for 2K at the moment. This is bad since the Austrian championships are in early January.<br /><br />In any case I wish all of you luck, success and fun! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks, but it's always possible to set up a new marathon. It's fun to do with a lot of people <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » October 16th, 2005, 7:44 am

It sounds like there might be enough interest to start a second heat. If there are two heats, we can have a fast one and a slow one so that rowers are closer together.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 16th, 2005, 8:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canoeist+Oct 16 2005, 01:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canoeist @ Oct 16 2005, 01:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It sounds like there might be enough interest to start a second heat.  If there are two heats, we can have a fast one and a slow one so that rowers are closer together.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hallo Paul,<br /><br />A great idea two heats (fast and slow). I hope a lot of people will join.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] grams

e-row

Post by [old] grams » October 17th, 2005, 2:05 pm

What is your definition of 'slow'? And what time is it scheduled for? Fortunately for you I don't have RowPro loaded so I probably wouldn't participate live, but it might be fun to erg along on the 29th. <br /><br />I say fortunately for you because my time is an hour slower than most of your times. It would be a real disservice to the spirit of the competition to make you wait for an hour to start.<br /><br />grams

[old] Canada Goose

e-row

Post by [old] Canada Goose » October 17th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Hi Grams,<br /><br />I don't have RowPro yet either, but my sister is big into it. I'm hoping to get it within the next month. We are planning on doing a marathon right around Christmas, maybe Boxing Day (that's the day after Christmas for non-Canadians ) on RowPro. A good chance to work off all that unhealthy food we all eat at that time of the year!<br />This isn't really a race, we are both going to be trying to complete our first marathons. We thought that we could offer each other moral support. At least I'll know that when it starts to get hard that Krysta is suffering too! <br />Feel free to join us if it fits your schedule. I'm hoping to do the marathon in 3:45.<br /><br />Shannon

[old] grams

e-row

Post by [old] grams » October 18th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Funny you should say that... I did my last one in 3:43:51, and I was in better shape than I am now. <br /><br />Boxing Day-not exactly sure where we will be then. The 10/29 date is good because I can get credit on the Halloween challenge. Unless we are on our way to Florida. My husband has a business week there and I am his gofer. So much for being retired. <br /><br />Did Krysta find any other ladies on RowPro to erg with?<br /><br />grams

[old] Canada Goose

e-row

Post by [old] Canada Goose » October 18th, 2005, 2:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-grams+Oct 18 2005, 09:37 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(grams @ Oct 18 2005, 09:37 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><br />Did Krysta find any other ladies on RowPro to erg with?<br /><br />grams <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I think that she has raced against a few women, but she is getting so darn fast that she doesn't need to worry. There is no way that I could come anywhere near her. I'm hoping that when we do the marathon, she'll have to take a lot of breaks to breastfeed her baby, then maybe I can catch up a little! <br /><br />Shannon

[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » October 24th, 2005, 6:06 am

Holm, Hennie and all the rest......<br /><br />I'm sorry to say that but it's going to be impossible for me to race the marathon next Saturday because we are participating in a 6 km rowing regatta the same day at 16:00 and I think that a Marathon maybe is not the best way to warm up for a regatta .<br /><br />I wish you have a nice marathon next Saturday!!! I will tell you the results of our regatta (together with Ancho in a 4-)<br /><br />Cheers

[old] holm188

e-row

Post by [old] holm188 » October 24th, 2005, 10:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Oct 24 2005, 05:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Oct 24 2005, 05:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Holm, Hennie and all the rest......<br /><br />I'm sorry to say that but it's going to be impossible for me to race the marathon next Saturday because we are participating in a  6 km rowing regatta the same day at 16:00 and I think that a Marathon maybe is not  the best way to warm up for a regatta  .<br /><br />I wish you have a nice marathon next Saturday!!! I will tell you the results of our regatta (together with Ancho in a 4-)<br /><br />Cheers <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Polaco, !!!!<br /><br />You are letting us down! I cannot believe it! <br /><br />I hope that Ancho and your other 2 teammates fully appreciate the gesture. Have a good 6k.....with lots of waves and a good intermitant side wind turning into headwind at the last 2k!!! oh yes and a few motorboats if available!! <br /><br />So now 3 spots are open for whoever wants to join!!!!!!<br /><br />Hennie, hope you get better by then, I'm too struggling with a cough but getting better.<br /><br />Cheers, Holm

[old] Polaco

e-row

Post by [old] Polaco » October 25th, 2005, 5:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-holm188+Oct 24 2005, 09:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(holm188 @ Oct 24 2005, 09:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hope that Ancho and your other 2 teammates fully appreciate the gesture. Have a good 6k.....with lots of waves and a good intermitant side wind turning into headwind at the last 2k!!! oh yes and a few motorboats if available!!   <br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hit me, hit me more!!!!! I know I deserve it <br /><br />The funny thing that the 6k is going to happen in a river where the probability of having wind and waves is very high, unfortunately the motorboats won't be available (I guess )<br /><br />Cheers, and sorry again

[old] ancho

e-row

Post by [old] ancho » October 25th, 2005, 6:10 am

You will be happy to know that the regatta is upstream.<br />We had a good hope on your marathon, but now we will have to carry Polaco and his 99 kg around ...<br /><br />Hope it pays out

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 25th, 2005, 6:10 am

Hi Jaime and Holm,<br /><br />Holm I will try to be there on Saturday!<br /><br />And Jaime and Nacho have a good 6K.!<br /><br />Hennie

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 29th, 2005, 3:34 am

I hope you had a good marathon today; I'm sorry I couldn’t participate but today was the first day after 11/2 weeks feeling better. And it was to soon for me to do the marathon. All the time I looked forward to it, but that bl..@# cold spoiled it.<br /><br />Next time better.<br /><br />Hennie