LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 4.03.10

Post by Kona2 » April 4th, 2010, 11:08 am

Image Image Hope the bunny was good to you...and how do we repay that goodness....bite his ears off....

Season meters as of 338/365 = 108,205,955 m

Total meters on the day = 183,369 m

Oars in space (participation) = 11.1111 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

5.9 MM Will S
5.7 MM Chris aka Minnie (can she make 6 MM by end of rowing season?)
3.6 MM Darryl
1.8 MM Kenneth G
300K Karon

Image Kenneth G, leaves the sax at home, and posts 40,021 m for an almost full moon!Image
Image Will S, doing reconnaissance missions....sights a FLEET of alien ships ImageImage Image ImageImage .....sending out powerful mind control air waves....he's driven to erg 33,333 m....Tony says "I know, can you imagine!"....
Image Wild Bill returns - perhaps to alert us of the alien forces - with a half moon and a posting of 27,506 m
ImageImage Queen Minnie celebrates half marathon # 234....makes easter truffles...

SIX Million Meter Watch:

Will S with (88,703 m) to go!

Chris with (287,247 m) to go....that's about 14 movies...

FOUR Million Meter Watch:

Bazzy with (218,586 m) to go....he's on a walkabout to ponder this one Image

TWO Million Meter Watch:

David T with (44,000 m) to go!

ONE Million Meter Watch:

AJ with (99,809 m) to go!

And thanks to all today's crew for all the kinds of meters...and milestones...!

David T Image 2,000 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage
Peter G 5,000 m
Nancy Image 6,093 m
Gina 7,800 m
Karon 8,011 m
Terry 9,006 m
Darryl 20,169 m Image Image prepays an upcoming trip?!
Chris 21,097 m
Image Wild Bill 27,506 m
Will S Image 33,333 m ImageImageImageImageImage
Kenneth G 40,021 m

Have a blue sky day! Good rowing whenever and wherever you row!!

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 4.03.10

Post by just27 » April 4th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Kona2 wrote: Hope the bunny was good to you...and how do we repay that goodness....bite his ears off....
Chomping on chocolate bunny ears, even as we speak. Dee-lish. (Does everyone eat the ears first!?)

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Congrats, Wild Bill

Post by Kona2 » April 4th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Wild Bill's horses are running at good speed! Congrats on hitting the 7.5 Million Meter season mark....

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Congrats, Wild Bill

Post by bg » April 4th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Kona2 wrote:Wild Bill's horses are running at good speed! Congrats on hitting the 7.5 Million Meter season mark....

wooo hooo wild bill......

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 4.03.10

Post by DuluthMoose » April 5th, 2010, 12:32 am

Kona2 wrote: Image Image prepays an upcoming trip?!
Kona2 - I really wasn't expecting to row today (4/4). I left early this morning for Minneapolis and had a beautiful Easter dinner with family. But after driving about 350 miles for the day I got back home about 7:30PM. Then it was..... should I row... or FORGET IT! But I did row even though this morning person was about to shut down for the day after all that drive time and probably had too many jelly beans and chocolate eggs for the day. So I have no several day adventures planned for me before the end of the WRC. The only thing exciting right now is closing in on getting income tax done. And I'm so glad the WRC ends on 4/15 also to help take the sting out of that date! So maybe my extra meters rowed won't be needed. However this Wednesday will be another day of danger that I could easily stumble on and not row. It's the first Wed of the month which means retiree breakfast at Perkins with former colleagues at 7AM. No time to row before that, and too big of breakfast to row immediately after that. Moose

William H
2k Poster

Post by William H » April 5th, 2010, 2:14 am

Kona2 wrote:Wild Bill's horses are running at good speed! Congrats on hitting the 7.5 Million Meter season mark....

Thanks, K2 :D

I'm still hoping to meet my season goal of 8 million metres, but my time is much more limited than it was earlier in the season.

I recently joined the local volunteer fire department and training there has consumed a lot of the time that would otherwise have gone into rowing.

If you ever start thinking that rowing is hard ... try dragging a 165 pound dummy around - while wearing full turnouts and SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus). Then later this year I'll attend evening classes to qualify for my EMT Basic certificate. All the while studying Wildland Firefighting and Fire Behavior programmed learning CD's and training for my "Pack Test" (a 3-mile walk with a 45 pound vest) in order to qualify for my "Red Card" which will allow me to serve more than one day on the fireline when called out by the BLM. Tack Engineer school on top of that so I can drive the engines and operate the pumps and those 50,000 metre/day rowing opportunities will be rare.

As always, thanks for the encouragement - and I still do row for those great graphics :P
ROWSTRONG / RIDESTRONG

Just call me, "Wild Bill"

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 5th, 2010, 3:27 am

William H wrote:

Thanks, K2 :D

I'm still hoping to meet my season goal of 8 million metres, but my time is much more limited than it was earlier in the season.

I recently joined the local volunteer fire department and training there has consumed a lot of the time that would otherwise have gone into rowing.

If you ever start thinking that rowing is hard ... try dragging a 165 pound dummy around - while wearing full turnouts and SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus). Then later this year I'll attend evening classes to qualify for my EMT Basic certificate. All the while studying Wildland Firefighting and Fire Behavior programmed learning CD's and training for my "Pack Test" (a 3-mile walk with a 45 pound vest) in order to qualify for my "Red Card" which will allow me to serve more than one day on the fireline when called out by the BLM. Tack Engineer school on top of that so I can drive the engines and operate the pumps and those 50,000 metre/day rowing opportunities will be rare.

As always, thanks for the encouragement - and I still do row for those great graphics :P
thank-you for becoming a fireman and good luck with your training....

BAZzy
6k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by BAZzy » April 5th, 2010, 5:59 am

Howdy.....back from the 'walkabout' which was very enjoyable, although treating quite a few leech bites! Seeing the term 'walkabout' always reminds me of the pub in the Crocodile Dundee movie...Chris...have you watched the movie recently...always good for a laugh, you should dust it off!!

Go the Luna-tics! BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kona2
Marathon Poster

WRC: Thru Day 21

Post by Kona2 » April 5th, 2010, 10:07 am

Total meters on day 21 = 429,323 m

Image Million Meters !!

1 Age Without Limits Virtual Club 36,816,628
2 Community Fitness Pointe of Munster, In. Health Club 16,781,055
3 Free Spirits Virtual Club 15,056,055
4 RowPro Online Virtual Club 9,094,133
5 Keweenaw Fitness Medical Facility 8,329,532
6 ANCIENTS Virtual Club 8,138,908
7 LUNA-TICS Virtual Club 8,100,025
8 Albion Rowing Club Correctional Facility 7,788,000
9 Greenville Indoor Rowing Health Club 6,669,991
10 TIMBUK2 Virtual Club 6,072,436

And a big thanks to all who are rowing on the LunaTics Challenge Team !

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 4.4.10

Post by Kona2 » April 5th, 2010, 11:31 am

Another dazzling supernova in the skies over the rowing universe, a red giant, three half moons and whoa....lots of stars!! But wait....there's an alien influence as well!

Congratulations, Bart, on achieving a 7.5 MM meter season....and taking top spot on the team leaderboard. Golf season is just around the corner, so those megameter erg sessions may well taper off.

Image Meanwhile, Wild Bill (seeing the blazing amounts of meters finish to the season) recognizes that the crew is in need of another fireman....and invests some time in learning some fire handling skills. He and Kenneth G may soon be comparing notes...thanks to all volunteers for their community work!

Season meters as of 339/365 = 108,549,704 m

Total meters on the day = 343,749 m

Oars in space (participation) = 18 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights.....Celebrations:

7.5 MM Bart
7.5 MM Wild Bill
2.7 MM Ted

Image Bart with a 100,000 m posting earns another supernova!
Image Will S, our man in Iraq, rows 60,000 m for a red giant plus some extra
Image Ted with 33K gets a half moon....closer to full !
Image Wild Bill, in between dummy hauling, earns a half moon with 22,494 m....it's the rowing that got you in shape for all this, you know! Image
Image Minnie brings in half marathon # 235 !

SIX Million Meter Watch:

Will S with (28,703 m) to go!

TWO Million Meter Watch:

David Image with (44,000 m) to go!

ONE Million Meter Watch:

AJ with (95,351 m) to go!

And thanks to all today's crew for all the kinds of meters!

K2 2,501 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage m
G-l-o-r-i-a ImageImageImageImage m (Meanwhile, trapped in an alien ship's sick bay, G-l-o-r-i-a finds that she is the source of great curiosity to the alien doctors...)
AJ 4,458 m
Terry 5,000 m
Rich 5,009 m
Image Barbara 5,011 m (two weeks to go!)
Noelle 6,108 m
Gina 7,800 m (hmmn...two consecutive 7800 m....is there a master plan?)
Peter G 9,000 m
Jim 10,000 m
Baz 10,000 m...welcome back from your trek
Tim 17,099 m
Darryl 18,506 m
Chris 21,097 m
William H 22,494 m
Ted 33,000 m
Will S 60,000 m
Bart 100,000 m

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 5th, 2010, 11:46 am

BAZzy wrote:Howdy.....back from the 'walkabout' which was very enjoyable, although treating quite a few leech bites! Seeing the term 'walkabout' always reminds me of the pub in the Crocodile Dundee movie...Chris...have you watched the movie recently...always good for a laugh, you should dust it off!!

Go the Luna-tics! BBB

welcome back....

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Post by DuluthMoose » April 5th, 2010, 12:17 pm

BAZzy wrote:Howdy.....back from the 'walkabout' which was very enjoyable, although treating quite a few leech bites! Seeing the term 'walkabout' always reminds me of the pub in the Crocodile Dundee movie...Chris...have you watched the movie recently...always good for a laugh, you should dust it off!!

Go the Luna-tics! BBB
BAZzy I'd rather put up with our ticks than your land leeches. Bad enough having aquatic blood sucking leeches here (the up to 8" medicinal horse leech), without the buggers on dry land too. Who can forget the Humphrey Bogart scene in African Queen.... And was it pay back time for 50K in a day? Moose

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Leech bites?!

Post by Kona2 » April 5th, 2010, 1:21 pm

Leech bites? Ticks?! Aaaack.

I am not even going to go look either one of those horse leech things or regular land leeches up...although my evil twin was tempted to post a graphic....

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » April 5th, 2010, 1:23 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:

Go the Luna-tics! BBB
BAZzy I'd rather put up with our ticks than your land leeches. Bad enough having aquatic blood sucking leeches here (the up to 8" medicinal horse leech), without the buggers on dry land too. Who can forget the Humphrey Bogart scene in African Queen.... And was it pay back time for 50K in a day? Moose
What??? Dry land leeches???? Are you serious????? I never knew. You sure can learn a lot of interesting things here. :D
☆~Kristine~☆

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » April 5th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:
DuluthMoose wrote:

Go the Luna-tics! BBB
What??? Dry land leeches???? Are you serious????? I never knew. You sure can learn a lot of interesting things here. :D
I think I will take our small leeches (they range in size from very small ½ inch to 1-2 inches) any day over an 8 inch water leech. Ours are usually found in damp areas and most of the weekend’s walk was through sub-tropical vegetation. In ‘leech alley’ it wasn’t worth stopping to brush them off as you ended picking up more than you got rid of just standing there.

I usually use ‘Bushman’s Repellent’ which contains Deet and I found it keeps them at bay perfectly, but probably takes a couple of years off your life each time you use it. I’ll definitely be using it in Papua New Guinea , as even Steven Speilberg couldn’t dream up the bugs they have lurking in their rainforests. Although I recall reading that Deet is banned in America.....

And Moose....no payback...yet!

Cheers BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com