LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.08.10

Post by just27 » February 8th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Kona2 wrote: Crew emerges from the Space Sports Bar realizing that they have to cowboy up for a challenge issued by brotherjim of Timbuk2. About that Super Bowl Challenge.....I keep getting 9300 m when I multiply 300 x 31 points.
Hah! It's not "new math" ... it's "Luna math!" I probably messed-up brojim's challenge beyond recognition ... I took the final score (31 + 17 = 48 x 200 meters = 9600) and then added that to my HM (half marathon). However, the good bro intuited that my "HM" shorthand meant a "hundred meters" which would compute to 48 x 300 meters = 14400.

It appears that your 9300 is the Saint's score (31) x 300 = 9300. It's all good!

And this from someone who has no idea why men-in-helmets run around patting each other on the butt. (Just27 retires to cave to withstand irate onslaught by football fans.)

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 8th, 2010, 2:57 pm

ooops...sorry....didn't realize what adding the score then multiplying and then adding that to the half marathon would add up to...no way can i do all that extra with my marathon training....

Kona2
Marathon Poster

So...we row a lot

Post by Kona2 » February 8th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Hah! The numbers are starting to get clearer....and, as everyone says, it's all good! Row a bunch - I'm sure the totals will cover our challenge debts!

Onward....to 91 Million Meters!

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 8th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Barbara, that was a really funny movie. You've got a creative bunch of folks in your club.
☆~Kristine~☆

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » February 8th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Dear Luna-tics,
You guys are in another league than me. I think 9600 meters is more than plenty. That is the total points times 200. It was a good game though and there was a lot of fanny patting.
Jim

big maq
500m Poster

Super Bowl challenge

Post by big maq » February 8th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Wasn't sure how many meters to row, so,,, I rowed a bunch before the game and 14400 on Monday. Hope its enuff.

To the Moon!!!
Mitch J.

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Update

Post by Toothdoc » February 9th, 2010, 12:28 am

Hey Lunatics,

Congrats on the JVC. I have been reading all the news but find it difficult to type one handed. Anyway bravo to all you making milestones.

I am now 10 days post-surgery. Had another Dr's appt. today he says everything is looking good. I still tire out easily, about 4 hours and I need a nap. He has had me squeezing a ball for the past week. Today he took off the splint and said I could start bending my elbow 15-20 degrees several times a day but sleep with the splint on. I am looking forward to a full hot soapy shower on Wed. PU. Rehab starts next Monday. This will be when I start straightening the elbow, ouch. So far the pain has been intermittent with an ice pack being the best relief. Percocets work also but I am avoiding them as much as possible.

Eating left handed is a PITA, yet I'm still able to maintain my mass. I just got to where I can use a knife on tender items. You really take for granted two functioning limbs until you have only one.

Looks like you all are going to have to cover for me for at least 3 months.

Thanks for the encouragement.

danno aka Lefty

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » February 9th, 2010, 1:29 am

Barbara - very funny movie - way to take care of the competition! I also like the way you handle collections.

Danno - hope you the rehab goes well.

Sunday is the CRASH-B in Boston. Since I can't go, I'm going to do a 2K at home, anyone want to do it with me?

Gina

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 9th, 2010, 5:05 am

acrewer wrote:Barbara - very funny movie - way to take care of the competition! I also like the way you handle collections.

Danno - hope you the rehab goes well.

Sunday is the CRASH-B in Boston. Since I can't go, I'm going to do a 2K at home, anyone want to do it with me?

Gina
thanks for the update and hang in there danno....

not sure about rowing on sunday, but anything i do will be a recovery from my long run on saturday.....

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.08.10

Post by Kona2 » February 9th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Put your heart into it today! It's time for the Valentine's Day Challenge...row your 14K between today and V-Day, and collect your unique valentines..... And, if you live near one of the cities that puts fun postmarks on for Valentine's Day....you have time to get that special postal cancellation. One such city is Loveland, CO. From the Loveland Chamber of Commerce web site: "Each year a pictorial and love verse are selected from dozens of entries. The art for this year’s cachet was designed by Teresa Boynton. Wearing a cowboy get-up "Dan Cupid" (I swear this is verbatim from the Loveland Chamber of Commerce web site) aims his arrow to send the 2010 message written by Stan Griep. " This year's cancellation is:

So, cowboy/cowgirl up those meters!!

Am hopeful of a return of the laptop today; we'll see!

Season meters as of 284/365 = 90,925,784 m

Total meters on the day = 217,508 m

Oars in space (participation) = 18 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights....Celebrations: Whoa....none???

THREE Million Meter Watch:

Darryl with (35,991 m) to go!

TWO Million Meter Watch:

Mitch with (131,479 m) to go!

K2 with (133,000 m) to go!

Have a blue sky day, wherever you row!

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.08.10

Post by just27 » February 9th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Kona2 wrote:Put your heart into it today! It's time for the Valentine's Day Challenge...row your 14K between today and V-Day, and collect your unique valentines.....
I'll be AWOL on Sunday and don't want to appear to be skiving (the British definition), so will try to bank a few extra Valentine's meters on Saturday. (I'm still halfway through Season 1 of "24" ... quite happy to sit on the rower for an extra episode of Jack extreme!)

BAZzy
6k Poster

Re: Update

Post by BAZzy » February 9th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Toothdoc wrote:Hey Lunatics,

Congrats on the JVC. I have been reading all the news but find it difficult to type one handed. Anyway bravo to all you making milestones.

I am now 10 days post-surgery. Had another Dr's appt. today he says everything is looking good. I still tire out easily, about 4 hours and I need a nap. He has had me squeezing a ball for the past week. Today he took off the splint and said I could start bending my elbow 15-20 degrees several times a day but sleep with the splint on. I am looking forward to a full hot soapy shower on Wed. PU. Rehab starts next Monday. This will be when I start straightening the elbow, ouch. So far the pain has been intermittent with an ice pack being the best relief. Percocets work also but I am avoiding them as much as possible.

Eating left handed is a PITA, yet I'm still able to maintain my mass. I just got to where I can use a knife on tender items. You really take for granted two functioning limbs until you have only one.

Looks like you all are going to have to cover for me for at least 3 months.

Thanks for the encouragement.

danno aka Lefty
Good luck Danno, speedy recovery...and welcome to the Lefty club!

BBB
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » February 9th, 2010, 8:20 pm

I want to brag about my amazing 9 year old daughter. :D Sinead erged 1557 meters today. (Since she started rowing in Jan., she's been putting in between 400 and 500 meters when she ergs.)

Yesterday she asked me if she could do the Valentine Challenge. I told her that it would be hard for her to reach the 14,000m goal set by C2 but she should set her own goal for the challenge. She said she wanted to try anyway. Today she erged before school and again just a little while ago. I'm so proud of her. :D

Thanks for letting me brag.
Karyn

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 9th, 2010, 8:41 pm

kgallagher wrote:I want to brag about my amazing 9 year old daughter. :D Sinead erged 1557 meters today. (Since she started rowing in Jan., she's been putting in between 400 and 500 meters when she ergs.)

Yesterday she asked me if she could do the Valentine Challenge. I told her that it would be hard for her to reach the 14,000m goal set by C2 but she should set her own goal for the challenge. She said she wanted to try anyway. Today she erged before school and again just a little while ago. I'm so proud of her. :D

Karyn
woooo hoooo sinead

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » February 9th, 2010, 8:59 pm

kgallagher wrote:I want to brag about my amazing 9 year old daughter. :D Sinead erged 1557 meters today. (Since she started rowing in Jan., she's been putting in between 400 and 500 meters when she ergs.)

Karyn
And so you should brag..that is a great effort. I'm (slowly) trying to coax Tomo back onto the ERG..he had a great flurry a month or two back, but then went on school holidays and found ovther things to do.

Good luck to all.....
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com