Some E-row Action

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] eparizeau

e-row

Post by [old] eparizeau » January 3rd, 2005, 9:22 pm

Mark - Thanks for organizing the 2k. I'm just back from a week of snowboarding in Montana, and the workout was my first in a while. The row was hard for me, and didn't have much left for the 2k warm down....hence my lackluster effort in the 9 min wd. <br><br>It was great to have the company and the motivation. Thanks. Ernie

[old] hepting

e-row

Post by [old] hepting » January 5th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Well I made it - 2k @ 6:59.2.... I was still ticked about fading so much during our piece on Monday, I decided to bag my regular workout and give it another shot. I put in a tape of the '04 Olympic doubles semi-finals with Aquil Abdullah - he ends up coming from last to tie for 3rd... and used that as some motivation.<br><br>Now I need to focus on improving my time as much as possible before the Jan 29th Mid-atlantic erg sprints, I have a buddy who has almost the identical times and we are going head to head for a beer!<br><br>Cheers!<br><br>-Dyson

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » January 5th, 2005, 9:06 pm

Nice job Dyson! You must feel good knowing your post-college PB of 6:56 is now well within reach. (As for me, the 7:17 to sub-6:50 span is a bit more daunting - I may ask to borrow your tape!)<br><br>See you online for the merciless "24 days to Erg Sprints" training schedule.<br><br>You'll earn that beer no doubt! <br><br>P.S. - Seriously, does anybody know where one can find video footage of the Olympic rowing events (online would be ideal)? I never did see the American men's eight and it's killing me!

[old] eparizeau

e-row

Post by [old] eparizeau » January 11th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Mark - See link below. I haven't purchased the DVD, but it sounds like it will have the race. Ernie<br><br><a href='http://www.regattasport.com/rs_products ... uct_id=136' target='_blank'>http://www.regattasport.com/rs_products ... _id=136</a>

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » January 12th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Thanks Ernie - it's great to see these events have been memorialized on DVD.<br><br>But WOW - $59.95! For that, I would hope it would have EVERY race (including semifinal heats), plus interviews wiith rowers and coaches, with subtitles in multiple languages and 5.1 surround sound! Seriously, I'm into rowing, but I'm not sure I'm quite THAT into it! But thanks for the link. I'll consider purchasing this after I've exhausted other possibilities. If anybody has that DVD - I'd be interested in your impressions of it, and whether you recommend the purchase.<br><br>As for now, it looks like a good friend of mine may have captured the event I'm looking for on videotape from the US broadcast. I'll go that route first and then see whether purchasing the professional DVD makes sense.