LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 7.16.09

Post by Kona2 » July 17th, 2009, 9:22 am

Lunar fiesta! Why not?! We've crossed the NINETEEN million meter mark as a team!! Way to row!!

Season meters as of 77/365 = 19,019,578 m

Total meters on the day = 196,824 m

Oars in space = 28 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

19 MM The Team!
Image Dave with half marathon # 22 (I think)
Image Wild Bill with another half moon and 36,000 m

And thanks to all today's rowers for all the kinds of meters:

Tony 3,333 m
Steven 5,000 m
Jim 5,000 m
Kiba 5,000 m
Lilia 6,000 m
Peter G 6,500 m
Barbara 12,030 m
Tim 14,371 m
Bazzy 14,584 m
Chris 15,000 m
Teresa 15,400 m
Tom 16,000 m
Rick 20,000 m
Dave 22,606 m
Wild Bill 36,000 m

Congratulations! You made it through the week!

just27
10k Poster

Blaah

Post by just27 » July 17th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Well, the temperature here in Sacramento was only 104 today, but the thermometer on my back patio (in the shade) currently says 120 at 6:00pm. I have a glass of chilled white wine, and about zero motivation in rowing! Blaah.

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » July 17th, 2009, 9:20 pm

It's 66 F out right now, which is a pretty happy temperature for me. I think I might actually die it it was 104 F (or 120 F)

Even though it's nice out I haven't really felt like rowing much lately either. However, I have been getting this strange urge to practice yoga.. I want to learn how to do the scorpion pose, I think mostly because my sims (little computer people) do it.. that and it looks impossible, and I like doing impossible things

Definitely not a picture of me..
If some time in the distant future I learn how, I'll let you guys know :P

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Blaah

Post by bg » July 18th, 2009, 12:23 am

just27 wrote:Well, the temperature here in Sacramento was only 104 today, but the thermometer on my back patio (in the shade) currently says 120 at 6:00pm. I have a glass of chilled white wine, and about zero motivation in rowing! Blaah.
yikes...that's wayyyyyy too warm.....

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 7.17.09

Post by Kona2 » July 18th, 2009, 9:47 am

Image Chris realigns her rower so that she is not rowing so close to the sun....and thinks cool thoughts

Milestones everywhere!

Season meters as of 78/365 = 19,255,135 m

Total meters on the day = 235,557 m

Oars in space = 33 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.2 MM Wild Bill
1.1 MM Bazzy
800 K Dave
800 K Barbara
500 K Steven

Image Barbara with half marathon # 6
Image Dave with half marathon #22
Image Dan with half marathon # 48
Image Wild Bill with half moon and 36,000 m

And thanks to today's crew for all the kinds of meters!

Tony 3,333 m
Denise 4,024 m
Steven 5,000 m
Chris 5,431 m
Peter G 6,000 m
Mitch TSF 10,000 m
Jim 10,000 m
Peter H 10,000 m
Kiba 10,000 m
Mitch J 11,040 m
Mary 13,353 m
Kenneth G 14,019 m
Bazzy 16,159 m
Gina 16,227 m
Dave 21,097 m
Dan 21,097 m
Barbara 22,777 m
Wild Bill 36,000 m

ImageImage Tonight is the moonlight classic.....there are bicycles to decorate with lottsa lights.....

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 7.17.09

Post by just27 » July 18th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Kona2 wrote:Tonight is the moonlight classic.....there are bicycles to decorate with lottsa lights.....
Good luck with your moonlight classic ride tonight, Jan. I found this decorating fallback option for your consideration ... :

Kiba ... that Scorpion pose really looks like, well, a scorpion!

nl07695
1k Poster

Post by nl07695 » July 18th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Kona2 wrote:Tonight is the moonlight classic.....there are bicycles to decorate with lottsa lights.....
The happy Luna-tic bike :

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » July 18th, 2009, 3:36 pm

ImageImage Tonight is the moonlight classic.....there are bicycles to decorate with lottsa lights.....[/quote]

have fun tonight......and kiba...wow....that is quite thw pose......

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » July 18th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Have a good bike K2, that sounds really cool with all the lights and stuff :P

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

I'm back

Post by DuluthMoose » July 18th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Hello Luna-Tics!
I see there's been lots going on in the Luna-Tic Universe while I was in the Land of the Loons and Loon Music for nine days!

The ship is over half way to the moon!

Happy belated birthday to ToothDoc! Sorry I missed your surprise party. My virtual gift to you would be a brand new glossy white with black trim Wenonah Prism solo canoe to get you on the water!

And Happy belated birthday to Andrea and Kayrn!

Congrats to Bazzy on a million meters for this young season!

Congrats to Wild Bill on 2 million meters this season! Incredible rowing!

And Kiba the 100K Wonder Woman, Wow! Way to Row!

Kona - light sculptured bikes at night sounds like fun! I once decorated my canoe with mini lights as I roof racked it on my van from Duluth to Everglades City, FL during the Christmas season. Folks were waving and honking all the way down.

It will be a few days before I get back to my routine. My rower is back in the corner of the basement with at least 10 feet of camping/conoeing gear clutter to clean-up and put away first. I needed my rowing space as a staging area for 6 people to pack and unpack in. Moose

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Healthy Living

Post by DuluthMoose » July 18th, 2009, 9:26 pm

I thought all you Luna-Tics would enjoy this "Living a Healthy Life" logic......

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it.. don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all.. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine , that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

WDDF
Paddler

Post by WDDF » July 18th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Too Funny!!!!

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » July 18th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Haha Moose, that was the best!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Healthy Living

Post by bg » July 18th, 2009, 11:22 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:I thought all you Luna-Tics would enjoy this "Living a Healthy Life" logic......

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it.. don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all.. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine , that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

welcome back from the land of loons and loon music.....love the healthy living logic....

just27
10k Poster

Re: Healthy Living

Post by just27 » July 19th, 2009, 2:17 am

CONCLUSION:

Good to have you back, Darryl!

Nice new pictures, Peter and Lilia. What's the story on the stone horses?