LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » June 16th, 2009, 2:18 am

Well, I am gearing up mentally, if not physically, for the solstice row. I have moved the rower back into the garage in preparation. It just gets way too hot having it upstairs in the summer.

Great job on the milestone, Kiba.

Great job on your new PB, David.

And welcome back, Richelle.
☆~Kristine~☆

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 16th, 2009, 9:46 am

Thanks again everybody!

I totally took the day off, and then slept in.. So no metres for me today. Unless of course K2 is also sleeping in...

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 6.15.09

Post by Kona2 » June 16th, 2009, 9:51 am

We have another returning teammate for the crew roster - welcome back Pat B! Good to have you aboard !

Three half moons in the sky today! Crew is gearing up for the upcoming Solstice Row....tee shirts will be available for purchase from Cafe Press through a direct link, I believe. Good chance for us to put some big meter totals on the overall boards this weekend!

Season meters as of 46/365 = 12,470,261 m

Total meters on the day = 241,576 m

Oars in space = 37 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

900K Dan
700K Bazzy
300K Mike C
100K Mary

Image Dan with Half Marathon # 31
Image K2 with Half Marathon # 4
Image Mike C with Half Marathon # 2 (and back to back they were!)

ONE Million Meter Watch:

Dan with (83,067 m) to go!

And thanks to today's crew for moving us just a little bit closer to our target moon!

Dan 40,734 m
K2 21,097 m
Mike C 21,097 m
Bazzy 18,234 m
Mary 15,154 m
Jim 15,000 m
Darryl 14,420 m
Mitch J 14,045 m
Ted 12,,000 m
Chris 11,827 m
Peter H 10,000 m
Rick 10,000 m
Lilia 8,000 m
Gina 6,742 m
Pat 6,389 m
Peter G 6,000 m
David G 6,000 m
Mitch TSF 3,777 m
Tina 1,059 m

Have a blue sky day!

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 16th, 2009, 11:11 am

Welcome back Pat B!

Patbyron
Paddler

Post by Patbyron » June 16th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Thanks Kiba. Congrats on your Million already! Whew...hard work!
I hope to continue my slow and steady course. I feel better when I can row, and hope I can keep it up.
Pat

Kona2
Marathon Poster

To The Moon!

Post by Kona2 » June 16th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Here's an update on our progress! That last 3 million pulled us within striking range of the fifty percent of the way there in the next couple of weeks! Keep rowing strong! I'm looking forward to a good showing by the team during the Summer Solstice challenge. It's all good.

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » June 16th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Hey, Pat, welcome back.

I finally got a few meters rowed after my run today.
☆~Kristine~☆

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » June 16th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Welcome back Pat, here's to an injury free season!

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » June 17th, 2009, 8:39 am

Congrats on the million metres Kiba - and the well deserved rest!

Cheers,
Dave

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 6.16.09

Post by Kona2 » June 17th, 2009, 9:56 am

Distance to halfway point = 6,091,606 m

Season meters as of 57/365 = 12,651,852 m

Total meters on the day = 181,591 m

Oars in space = 29 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights.....Celebrations:

Image Dan with Half Marathon # 32
Image Dave with Half Marathon # 11

ONE Million Meter Countdown....to become the third meter millionaire on the 2010 Rowing Team:

Dan with (51,967 m) to go!

And thanks to today's rowers:

Dan 31,100 m
Dave 21,097 m
Bazzy 20,616 m
Image 20,570 m (Good update, Chris!)
Kiba 20,000 m
Mitch J 13,015 m
Peter H 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Gina 7,638 m (woohoo! a cool quarter million! :D )
Pat 6,512 m
Kristine 5,598 m
Kevin 5,250 m
Laurie Voodoogirl 5,148 m
Peter G 4,000 m
Tina 1,047 m

Keep smilin! Keep rowin! Remember what Mitch J wrote about the half marathon and its psychological elements.....feels much better once that series of numbers in front of you is less than 10,000 m to go.....!

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Re: To The Moon!

Post by DuluthMoose » June 17th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Kona2 wrote:I'm looking forward to a good showing by the team during the Summer Solstice challenge. It's all good. [/color] [/size]

I'm not sure if what I am about to say is a good idea or not, but it's worth trying as a one time shot as an added incentive for the Summer Solstice Challenge.....

In 4 days is the Summer Solstice Challenge! It happens to occur on a Sunday which makes it a little more difficult for me and probably others to go for Big Meters! But for those card carrying Luna-Tics that do row at least 21,000 meters on that day, you will qualify to receive my latest home DVD (rated GC - general canoeing). It features a 1 hour video of the scenery of going around a small local lake 2 miles in perimeter twice on a sunset paddle with interesting cloud formations reflecting on calm water and passing showers getting me wet of course. Toward the end there is also some rain drops on the camera lens for that impressionistic effect. It is in my fast and tippy solo canoe at about a 4mph pace, but I don't think the rocking motion the camera captures will cause anyone to get seasick. There were no fish census' taken on this particular outing - the open side stayed up. Also included is about 25 minutes of paddling on Clearwater Lake on my way out from a recent fishing trip in a tandem canoe with my wife on big water and against waves. Anyway it will provide a sense of motion if you watch video as you row. It should help pass the time on the rower either by providing that sense of motion or putting you to sleep.

fine print; kind of like a cereal box deal..... For US or Canada residents send your address and $3 (Canadian funds at par are fine - I use them all the time) to cover blank DVD, padded shipping envelop, and postage; to me - Darryl Bathel; 3325 Medin Road; Duluth, MN 55804. Those in other countries that have an interest in this DVD, please email me first so I can check on postal rate before making a price quote. I promise to shred all addresses when the DVD's have been sent.

p.s. My feelings won't be hurt if no one goes for this limited offer. I'm not sure if its really worth the price either!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » June 17th, 2009, 3:14 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:
Kona2 wrote:I'm looking forward to a good showing by the team during the Summer Solstice challenge. It's all good. [/color] [/size]

I'm not sure if what I am about to say is a good idea or not, but it's worth trying as a one time shot as an added incentive for the Summer Solstice Challenge.....

In 4 days is the Summer Solstice Challenge! It happens to occur on a Sunday which makes it a little more difficult for me and probably others to go for Big Meters! But for those card carrying Luna-Tics that do row at least 21,000 meters on that day, you will qualify to receive my latest home DVD (rated GC - general canoeing). It features a 1 hour video of the scenery of going around a small local lake 2 miles in perimeter twice on a sunset paddle with interesting cloud formations reflecting on calm water and passing showers getting me wet of course. Toward the end there is also some rain drops on the camera lens for that impressionistic effect. It is in my fast and tippy solo canoe at about a 4mph pace, but I don't think the rocking motion the camera captures will cause anyone to get seasick. There were no fish census' taken on this particular outing - the open side stayed up. Also included is about 25 minutes of paddling on Clearwater Lake on my way out from a recent fishing trip in a tandem canoe with my wife on big water and against waves. Anyway it will provide a sense of motion if you watch video as you row. It should help pass the time on the rower either by providing that sense of motion or putting you to sleep.

fine print; kind of like a cereal box deal..... For US or Canada residents send your address and $3 (Canadian funds at par are fine - I use them all the time) to cover blank DVD, padded shipping envelop, and postage; to me - Darryl Bathel; 3325 Medin Road; Duluth, MN 55804. Those in other countries that have an interest in this DVD, please email me first so I can check on postal rate before making a price quote. I promise to shred all addresses when the DVD's have been sent.

p.s. My feelings won't be hurt if no one goes for this limited offer. I'm not sure if its really worth the price either!

are there any exceptions to the rules...i've been injured and haven't been able to row....even if i'm finally able to row during these next few days, i won't be able to work my way up to a half by sunday....i would be interested in getting one of your dvds though....btw..even if i wasn't injured i'm not sure i would have been able to do a half on sunday....

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » June 17th, 2009, 4:04 pm

Kona2 wrote:Here's an update on our progress! That last 3 million pulled us within striking range of the fifty percent of the way there in the next couple of weeks! Keep rowing strong! I'm looking forward to a good showing by the team during the Summer Solstice challenge. It's all good.
and it's all downhill from there! :P

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » June 17th, 2009, 6:13 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:
Anyway it will provide a sense of motion if you watch video as you row. It should help pass the time on the rower either by providing that sense of motion or putting you to sleep.

Moose, this is the deal of the century! How cool! I'm motivated!
☆~Kristine~☆

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » June 17th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Moose! That does sound awesome! Sign me up :D!