Logging intervals online

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
danieldoiron
Paddler

Logging intervals online

Post by danieldoiron » May 20th, 2009, 10:32 am

Hi,

I have a question on ' How do you log your interval training ? ' on the online C2 Logbook?

Total distance?
Best effort?
Description?

Thanks for the ideas!

Dan

John Hendrie
1k Poster

Re: Logging intervals online

Post by John Hendrie » May 20th, 2009, 10:52 am

danieldoiron wrote:Hi,

I have a question on ' How do you log your interval training ? ' on the online C2 Logbook?

Total distance?
Best effort?
Description?

Thanks for the ideas!

Dan
I row lots of different 'interval' schedules and usually log them as a total distance and time with "intervals" in the notes space. If I were to row a competitive ranking piece (ie a good 1,000 meters in a group of 1,000 with rest periods) I would list that one separately but the chances of that happening are remote

john

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing!!!
Proud member of the Ancient Mariners.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing!!!

Completed circumnavigation of the globe 26 November 2011

iain
10k Poster

Post by iain » May 22nd, 2009, 1:32 pm

before i used a log card I used to log each interval separately with narrative of the rest and no. of interval. the logcard logs as a continuous piece (including rest, but no time if you stop in the middle of an interval). So I just put a description and time for the fast intervals in narrative.

- Iain
56, lightweight in pace and by gravity. Currently training 3-4 times a week after a break to slowly regain the pitiful fitness I achieved a few years ago. Free Spirit, come join us http://www.freespiritsrowing.com/forum/

konarzewski
Paddler

Post by konarzewski » May 23rd, 2009, 1:29 am

I just record total distance and use a fixed time of 2:00 per 500m, regardless of actual time, so an 8x500 would appear as 4000 done in 16:00. Use the comments section for details. There aren't any rules so you might as well do whatever is meaningful for you.
William Konarzewski
Male, 59, 1.83m, 88kg

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1243248982.png[/img]