E-row And The New Servers

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Westy

e-row

Post by [old] Westy » August 29th, 2004, 4:13 am

I have successfully moved over to the new servers and manage to log on with no worries.<br><br>When I check the race schedule and find a race that I want to join I am able to sign up for the race but when race time comes around I am not able to find any of the other rowers. This would indicate that the other rowers are no shows or there is a problem with the new servers. I am using e-row build 115.<br><br>Anyone out there got any ideas as to what maybe the problem <br><br>Regards................Westy

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » August 30th, 2004, 3:09 pm

I am sorry if you showed up to one of my workouts and I wasn't there. I can no longer participate, edit, or delete my own workouts! Pete said the problem would go away soon. That was Friday or Saturday. I am still waiting.<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » August 30th, 2004, 5:21 pm

Has anyone had a successful race yet on the new servers? I am hosting a race tomorrow night (9pm EST, 6pm pacific) and am wondering whether to give the new servers a try.<br><br>Before I do that, I'd like to hear from any successful new server admins about what they did differently (if anything) to set up and run their races. Any noticeable differences to races on the old servers?<br><br>Regards,<br>Mark Payton

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » September 2nd, 2004, 8:07 pm

I think that you should use the old server until the new one is proven. If you use the old server, I might be able to join you. If you use the new server, I can't get in yet. Other testers may be in a similar situation.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] LacticAcid

e-row

Post by [old] LacticAcid » September 2nd, 2004, 8:37 pm

I can't get in either, it's useless.

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » September 3rd, 2004, 2:27 pm

Paul, I followed your advice and used the old server. Although one rower had a glitch we couldn't quite figure out, the old server seemed to be just fine. I second your motion to keep racing / training on the old server!<br><br><br>Regards,<br>Mark

[old] Canoeist

e-row

Post by [old] Canoeist » September 5th, 2004, 9:21 am

Four rowers raced a 2K yesterday on the old server without any problems. I have never seen more than three on the new server. And every time, we had problems.<br><br>I suggest that we stick with the old server until the new one is proven reliable.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » September 5th, 2004, 10:35 am

We should just stick with the regular erow default server. When I log onto the "digitalrowing" race server, it indicates:<br><br> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"Digital Rowing race server.  For testing use only."  <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>The problems I have with the default server begin and end with my lap top. A good example is yesterday. I was able to race, get a result, and have that result posted with the other racers. A few minutes later, erow froze up on me. I am pretty sure it was Windows ME program being the Windows ME program.

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » October 11th, 2004, 8:05 pm

Digging up an old thread. <br><br>Since RowPro 1.7 seems now to be in beta test, I hear a few people have begun using the new servers again. Checking to see how well RowPro co-exists with e-Row in internet racing.<br><br>Just to try it out, I'll be doing a one hour row tonight at 6:30pm Pacific. Will report back on how it went. Unless we get lucky and are joined by a Rowpro tester, it'll just be e-Rowers. But at least we'll get a sense of how the server behaves.<br><br>If anyone is interested in joining, we'll be on webserver.digitalrowing.com / raceserver.digitalrowing.com.<br><br><br>Regards,<br>Mark

[old] tomhz

e-row

Post by [old] tomhz » October 12th, 2004, 6:17 am

I did an E-row race (for test) against two Rowpro 1.7 opponents on the new race server last Sunday. No problem. The Rowpro opponents looked the same as E-row oppenents. <br><br>Looks like most problems of the new raceserver are solved but there still seem to be several problems in the Rowpro 1.7 software<br><br>There are two or three Rowpro-ers doing regular tests on the new servers.<br>You can try to join them.<br><br>Tom

[old] SteveV

e-row

Post by [old] SteveV » October 12th, 2004, 7:07 am

Rowpro 1.7 has just been released in Beta version. see www.digitalrowing.com<br><br>expect more activity on the new servers

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » October 12th, 2004, 4:49 pm

Last night's result using the new server was a partial success. One hour using eRow 4.1.0 build 115 on the digitalrowing.com server.<br><br>I was able to set up and host the session just fine. Jeff joined me (thank you) and we were able to start off just fine as well. But after about 30 mins, my automatic lane sorter stopped sorting (Jeff and I were intentionally trading the lead every 500m or so just to keep things interesting). Then at 45 mins, Jeff's boat went white (but kept moving), suggesting a connection problem. Lastly, when I finished my row, the race kept going (as did Jeff's boat), as though it were a distance race and Jeff had not yet crossed the line. But since this was a timed piece, it should have ended right then for both of us. When I went to the chat screen, it showed Jeff as still rowing 10 minutes later. <br><br>I'm not sure whether the issues were with my e-Row build, my internet connection, Jeff's internet connection, or the digitalrowing.com server, so I'm going to try again this evening with a distance piece. Some folks are still getting login errors on the digitalrowing.com server as well - Dyson tried to join but was rejected. I tried today and was rejected, then got in a few minutes later. Very odd.<br><br>Anyone interested in an 11k trial piece at 1800pacific (0100 GMT) is welcome.<br><br><br>Regards,<br>Mark

[old] MarkPayton

e-row

Post by [old] MarkPayton » October 12th, 2004, 11:46 pm

2 strikes...<br><br>We tried again this evening with an 11k piece. The setup went fine, but this time RowPro crashed on me about 5 minutes into the piece. Dyson and Jeff, how'd it go from your end?<br><br>I went ahead and finished the piece using just the PM2+ as my guide. At least I had the Yankees game to keep me company! (the game was 6-0 Yankees when I finished the piece - it seems they fell apart right after I stopped watching!)<br><br>Anyway, back to rowing. Need to try a few more sessions to see how or if the new server performs differently than the old. The good news is there's suddenly lots of activity over there now that the RowPro 1.7 beta is out. <br><br>Regards,<br>Mark

[old] grandslam

e-row

Post by [old] grandslam » October 15th, 2004, 12:06 am

Mark I was able to row the entire 11K, but I lost you and the auto scale started flashing like crazy. I still can't even get 1.7 to boot up. I uninstall it, go back to 1.6 and no problems. Many bugs left it seems. I'll stick to e-row and the old server until they get it straightened out.<br><br>Jeff