LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

51 inches of snow in Spokane in December....

Post by Kona2 » December 29th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Kristine,

I did hear today that Spokane has had 51 inches of snow in December - new record! Seems like Spokane is pretty close to where you are - how much snowfall for you?

js

Toothdoc
10k Poster

New Years Eve Virtual Party

Post by Toothdoc » December 29th, 2008, 11:00 pm

As we move into the Virtual New Years Party, I would like to pass along this gentle reminder...

6 beers
2 glasses of wine
2 bottles of wine(shared)

too many margaritas

3 Kamikazes

7Captain Morgans (coconut flavored, of course)& coke

1 large purple haze

3 martinis

1 bottle of tequila
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Woohoo! Gina's at 600K!

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 12:24 am

Good reminder Dan - we'll be careful with our virtual (and real)consumption! By the way, we are missing your meters being posted.....we need more portable rowers!

And congrats, Gina - another milestone bites the dust!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: Woohoo! Gina's at 600K!

Post by Toothdoc » December 30th, 2008, 12:53 am

[quote="Kona2"]Good reminder Dan - we'll be careful with our virtual (and real)consumption! By the way, we are missing your meters being posted.....we need more portable rowers!

K2 (That sounds like a mountain climbing thingy)

I am not rowing much until 1-1-09. Letting the body heal. Being away from all my normal electronics leaves me at a disadvantage. I had to post some meters manually and with the count down I did I got confused so until I get home and sort it all out I will be quiet. I should be posting again Jan1 or 2. Never fear JVC09 will be a barn burner.

dc

andreacs
2k Poster

Re: Woohoo! TWO Million !!

Post by andreacs » December 30th, 2008, 6:05 am

Kona2 wrote:You're a star, William H! Thanks for sharing your story!

Congratulations on your TWO Million Meter Season....and we're only two-thirds of the way through the rowing year! (And, you've been picking up speed since July 24th!) Great rowing!
Congratulations William H for your 2nd M of the season! Way to row!

Andrea

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.29.08

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 12:09 pm

2009 JVC Luna-Tics Team Roster Update: Go to the team heading when you are in your logbook and click on the link to Luna-Tics to participate in the JVC - if you have not already done so! Looks like we have 26 confirmed participants at this time. :mrgreen:

To the moon! Image

Season meters as of 244/365 = 43,182,545 m!

Total meters on the day = 215,864 m

Oars in the water = 31 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

1.4 MM Ted C-G
600K Gina
Half Marathon Kap'n Kristine Image

ImageImageImage

And thanks to today's lunar crew:

ImageWilliam H 25,438 m
Kristine 21,097 m
Rodrigo 17,115 m
Will S 15,012 m
Image 14,717 m
Kenneth 14,048 m
Chris 11,031 m
Mary 10,050 m
Tim 10,000 m
Steven 10,000 m
Jan 10,000 m
AJ 9,135 m :D
Andrea 9,033 m Image
Tony 8,888 m Image
Peter G 8,500 m
Gina 6,681 m
Keith 6,245 m
Ted 6,000 m
Tim 1,863 m
Nic 1,011 m

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Another Luna-Tic Is A Weekly Winner!

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Woohoo! Not only did Mike C get a full marathon done in the last week, hit a few milestones along the way .... he's been selected as Concept2's greater than 50,000 m rowed weekly winner!

Congratulations, Mike C! Great rowing!

Other Luna-Tics who have been selected throughout the last year include:

Andrea
Darryl
Dan

(I see that I need another file for weekly winners....can't see past June in the online version....so if you're a winner and I didn't include you....let me know!)

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » December 30th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to rowing but I'd like to join your team and participate in the JVC.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Welcome Kiba

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Kiba - the Luna-Tics team is always open to new members - whether it's for the challenges or for the year round team. You will have to go to your online logbook, go to the teams heading and then select Luna-Tics from the drop down section. If you are joining the year round team also (woohoo!), then go to your profile page and select us under affiliation. Then you go to the teams page and click on the link that you are participating with us in the JVC! It's probably less complicated than I'm making it!

Welcome Kiba!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: Welcome Kiba

Post by Toothdoc » December 30th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Kona2 wrote:Kiba - the Luna-Tics team is always open to new members - whether it's for the challenges or for the year round team. You will have to go to your online logbook, go to the teams heading and then select Luna-Tics from the drop down section. If you are joining the year round team also (woohoo!), then go to your profile page and select us under affiliation. Then you go to the teams page and click on the link that you are participating with us in the JVC! It's probably less complicated than I'm making it!

Welcome Kiba!
Welcome Kiba

Tomorrow we are having a virtual team party. You are welcome to join us. What is your beverage of choice? We will try to have the virtual version on hand.

Dan C

Kona2
Marathon Poster

An Update On Lunar Meters

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 7:04 pm

Kiba
1k Poster

Post by Kiba » December 30th, 2008, 8:06 pm

In the spirit of rowing to the moon, I think I have to ask for a pan galactic gargle blaster :P

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » December 30th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Kiba wrote:In the spirit of rowing to the moon, I think I have to ask for a pan galactic gargle blaster :P
Hmmm! I'm not quite sure what pan galactic gargle blaster is, but it does sound very appropriate to consume on our way to the moon. Welcome aboard Kiba. It seems like you are a perfect match and belong on this journey with the rest of us LUNA-tics.

Karyn

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Wowzer! Pan Galactic Blaster

Post by Kona2 » December 30th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Wowzer! Kiba has sent me sleuthing already! Very good choice of drinks - I'm wondering if you've had the Terran version? I am sure that we will find the ingredients somewhere in the galaxy!

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster: Wikipedia supplied info

Zaphod is the inventor of the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, a cocktail based on Janx Spirit. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy gives the recipe as follows:

"Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V
Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia).
Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones.
Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian suns deep into the heart of the drink.
Sprinkle Zamphour.
Add an olive.
Drink...but very carefully."

Real versions of the drink have been made available at some stage shows of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as well as bars such as Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: Wowzer! Pan Galactic Blaster

Post by Toothdoc » December 30th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Kona2 wrote:Wowzer! Kiba has sent me sleuthing already! Very good choice of drinks - I'm wondering if you've had the Terran version? I am sure that we will find the ingredients somewhere in the galaxy!

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster: Wikipedia supplied info

Zaphod is the inventor of the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, a cocktail based on Janx Spirit. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy gives the recipe as follows:

"Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V
Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia).
Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones.
Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian suns deep into the heart of the drink.
Sprinkle Zamphour.
Add an olive.
Drink...but very carefully."

Real versions of the drink have been made available at some stage shows of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as well as bars such as Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Kona2,

It would be a lot simpler to make a auf & auf and add some of Darryl's Peach Schnapps. The taste would be similar.

dc