new owner of C2 D PM4

Rowing for weight loss or weight control? Start here.
CardiacNP
Paddler

new owner of C2 D PM4

Post by CardiacNP » July 7th, 2013, 10:16 am

I am cross posting this to introduce myself and meet other like minded users....
I just ordered my Concept2 D with PM4 on Friday....I am hoping it gets here in Louisiana sometimes next week!!!

Male 44 Years old, lost almost 100 lbs , but put about 40 back on over the last year or so. Looking to get back to health and fitness with rowing being a big part of my physical activity!!!

I have a few knee issues but i have done 6 half marathons over the last 3 years. I am slow but i finish. I am looking to focus on rowing for cardio, full body work out and strength gain. I will also supplement with Oly. lifts and eventually work more crossfit activities into my routine after i get some endurance back and drop a few pounds.

I plan on starting with the beginner workouts on the C2 site and the beginner plan from Pete.

I am following a higher protein/less processed carb diet to aid in my weight loss

Any other suggestions and advice welcomed

wphunter
500m Poster

Re: new owner of C2 D PM4

Post by wphunter » July 9th, 2013, 1:58 am

Slow and steady, don't overdo it!

Wayne

biglou13
Paddler

Re: new owner of C2 D PM4

Post by biglou13 » July 12th, 2013, 1:19 am

Have fun on the erg. Take it easy when starting its easy to physiologically and worse psychologically fatigued.
On your days off split work outs say 3parts throughout day to take advantage of metabolism boost each session brings.
Schedule time with your erg.
Spend time researching, planning, preparing healthy meals. Think of snacks as meals. Cut out white carbs. Pack your meals for work days. Allow cheat meals or days.
Try to learn good rowing form.
The iPod ipad gadgets for erg. Are cool.
Get a fan or 2.
I have a heart rate monitor, it keeps me honest, I also find it helps get to and stay in the "zone"
Use the c2 log book, when ur up and running err rowing Ill be a training partner via log book
Go public..... I've been posting mileage daily on Facebook

I've been off rowing for a few years and need to drop some lbs also.

Ps.
I also have history with Crossfit and oly lifts.
Just started back on erg about a week ago....