RowPro dimension display

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.

Which RowPro view do you set the display?

3D
83%
2D
17%

Total votes: 18

Thomas
1k Poster

RowPro dimension display

Post by Thomas » December 2nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

Which RowPro view do you set the display?

I have been using the 3D view; however, it limits the view of the other rowers when separation starts at about 20 meters apart. I justed noticed, today, that the 2D view has a 110 meter view. The 2D view may take away from the virtual rowing concept, but it would be in line with e-row, which is what is used at the racing venues.

Thomas
1k Poster

Post by Thomas » December 2nd, 2008, 11:35 pm

Used the 2D view for the two 5k's, today. I found it easier to view what people were doing. If someone was ahead of me, a vertical bar by their pace would be red and if someone was behind me, a vertical bar by their pace would be green. I think, but I am not sure, the vertical bar was in relation to my current pace in comparision to a competitors current pace and not the overall average pace. Also, once a person fell more than 110 meters behind, their boat remained on the screen.

bgood
Paddler

Post by bgood » December 3rd, 2008, 1:42 am

I've got mine set to 2D, but I always have the top half covered over with ITunes, Suunto Monitor, or email. I really only care about the progress bar and meter info in the bottom right. I wish you could detach the boxes or collapse the top half (but Pete won’t listen to me :) ).

Thomas
1k Poster

Post by Thomas » December 6th, 2008, 10:09 pm

I saw something I had not noticed in the past using the 2D view. The boats got smaller and the scale at the bottom of the screen changed to keep all the boats on the screen, just like e-row does.

Coolwind
Paddler

Post by Coolwind » February 20th, 2009, 4:41 pm

I use 3D mode exclusively. But that's mainly because all of my rowing lately has been solo or against pace boats/past rows. Once I'm back into "social" rowing, I'll probably use 2d to be able to see everyone.