Let me in!

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
suemog
Paddler

Let me in!

Post by suemog » January 23rd, 2007, 2:52 pm

Have tried to train with Shannon this evening, UK evening that is, Rowpro wouldn't show me anyone in the chat room again, had this problem last week too. Is anyone else on your side of the pond having the same trouble?

I can get to race start and set up races without any problems. I think Shannon could see me in the chat room, even if I couldn't see her, as she proceeded to the Row screen but then race set up fails. :cry:

I have rung Rowpro and am waiting for an e-mail or phonecall. The problem is that when you first get through on the 24/7 line the first point of contact is someone that doesn't really have a clue what you are talking about. He thinks whoever calls me will be phoning from the USA, so sort of reminded him that I didn't fancy any calls in the middle of the night. :roll: Cut of time is 10:30pm UK time for me. Tucked up in bed for getting up at 6:20am, well probably but not answering the phone anyway. :D

Sue

ancho
6k Poster

Post by ancho » January 24th, 2007, 5:40 am

Sue:
RowPro is known for all sorts of bugs at the beginning.
Probably you are updated, but: What version do you have? (I think by now it should be 2.008 or so)

When I have had problems, I've emailed RowPro and always got a quick response from Pete, although it not always solves the problem.

Now I can't run RowPro, but it's not due to RoPro, but to a major Computer breakdown :(

Good luck!
yr 1966, 1,87 m, 8? kg
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1201739576.png[/img]
Be Water, My Friend!

Hennie Martini
1k Poster

Post by Hennie Martini » January 24th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Nice to see you here Sue :)

I hope that Pete will solve the problems shortly because it is very annoying when RP does not work :twisted:

Hennie
[url=http://www.c2ctc.com/]Cross Team Challenge[/url] 8)

michaelb
2k Poster

Post by michaelb » January 24th, 2007, 1:31 pm

I suspect that DR is doing something at the server end, since it seems like more and new problems have cropped up in the past month or so. The new race server and system, version 2.5 or something, was supposed to be beta testing in Oct, then Dec, then "mid Jan" and still hasn't happened. They often make changes and don't tell us, and make changes and mess something up. So that would be my first thought.

But another possibility is a profile profile, which has been a long standing and fairly common problem going back to the very beginning. Have you raced online before? Have you tried to change anything about your race profile, like change your computer name or log in name or something like that? I think we all have 3 profiles, at oarbits, on the race server, and for chat, and if one of those is messed up, you can get exactly what you are describing: being able to sign up for a race, but not able to race, etc. The only way I know how to fix profile problems is for DR support to do it for you.

Do you have a wireless connection to the internet. Although I don't think that fits your problems, the current race server is very sensitive to momentary dropped connections, even when you can't perceive any problem and everything seems to be working fine.
M 51 5'9'' (1.75m), a once and future lightweight
Old PBs 500m-1:33.9 1K-3:18.6 2K-6:55.4 5K-18:17.6 10K-38:10.5 HM-1:24:00.1 FM-3:07.13

michaelb
2k Poster

Post by michaelb » January 24th, 2007, 9:39 pm

On the DR forum Glenn says he fixed this but doesn't tell how or give any clue about what was wrong. I would guess this was a profile issue somehow.
M 51 5'9'' (1.75m), a once and future lightweight
Old PBs 500m-1:33.9 1K-3:18.6 2K-6:55.4 5K-18:17.6 10K-38:10.5 HM-1:24:00.1 FM-3:07.13