Summer Racing or Training Series? Any takers?

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
julieofarc
Paddler

Post by julieofarc » June 26th, 2006, 10:40 am

I'm waiting for a replacement cable from C2 (but they're quick- should be here any day), and then I'd like to do some training w/RowPro. Right now, I'm on the water 3x/week with a sweep group, and ~2x/week in a single. I'm interested in late afternoon or early evening training sessions (to me, that involves long, low steady state, preferably at prescribed ratings), with some races as we get closer to fall as on water race prep. Working on weight loss and raising fitness level. I'm really pretty stuck as far as timing goes- I need late afternoon here on Mountain Time. With the early morning water stuff (I'm up at 4:45a) I need time to both sleep and recover. But if that 3p-4p range works for anyone else.... :)

I'm on mountain time here, so that makes a 4:00pm row here what in GMT? (We're GMT-6 right now, but for the life of me I can't figure out how you figure that.... do you just make 4:00pm MST be 16:00, and then add the 6:00 to make it 22:00? Ack!)

Julie in CO

Krysta Coleman
500m Poster

Post by Krysta Coleman » June 26th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Hey Julie, I am on Mountain time too and 3:00 or 4:00 pm is about when my daughter has her naps these days, so it's good time for me if you want to row together online sometime. What kind of pace do you like to do on say a 30 min piece? (Not that it matters much, we can still do sessions together even if we have differing speeds)

You are right in your GMT conversion - just add 6 hours. So 4:00 pm would be 2200 GMT.

Hope to see you online!

- Krysta
5'7", 35 years old, trying to regain fitness. Old PBs:

julieofarc
Paddler

Post by julieofarc » June 26th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Oooh, Krysta! Sounds great. My kiddos (9 yob, 6 yog, 4 yob, and 3 yog) have a rest time earlier in the afternoon, and by 3p-4p I can set them up with something to do and row. I've been resting while they rest. Gettin' old.... :roll:

As far as pacing, I've been generating Wolverine L4 workouts off an 8:30 2K time. I'm pretty sure I could do closer to 8:00, but I haven't felt like retesting yet, and the pacing has been challenging enough for my purposes. For pacing, that's anywhere from 2:20 on up to a recovery pace of 2:59. Where are you at?

I'm almost 32, 5'9", and tipping the scales at right around 200. (Gag! I'm gonna be back around 150 by the Mile High Sprints for sure- hopefully pretty close by October.) My primary goal right now is getting the weight off, which means lower intensity and more time. My 2k goal by next Feb. is 7:40 here at altitude- want to be in the top 3 at the Sprints. Not sure if that's feasible, but I'm working that direction anyhow. :)

Julie