Multiple issues with Ergdata not syncing anymore w PM5

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
TMLangli
Paddler

Multiple issues with Ergdata not syncing anymore w PM5

Post by TMLangli » September 25th, 2022, 5:16 am

I got my new Skierg this week and it worked just fine the first 2-3 workouts. I had my Ergdata app set up last week, a few days before I got my Skierg. So it worked flawlessly until afternoon 23rd of Sep. Also fw on the Skierg is the latest.

The PM5 and Ergdata app connected as should. Ergdata showed the workout and all, but it wouldn't sync to the online logbook. Since then I cannot sync anything to the online logbook thus no data to Garmin Connect either. Also...the app seem just to go into "just ski" mode, no pause etc. If I start a interval workout. e.g. a 30 second rest is treated as stopping the machine.

I have tried to kill the Ergdata app and reinstalled it.
Login between Ergdata and the logbook are the same.

Now I realise the Ergdata app has been updated recently. Not sure if that is the problem or not...anyone with similar issues? Or solution to the problem?

I can of course download the session using USB and upload to online logbook, and I did so for the 3 last sessions, but the data in there seems very limited compared to the first ones that was directly uploaded. No graphs etc.

Also the Ergdata app stopps working...It shows all data while running a session, but when I press the "menu" button (the 3 stripes) for saving the data, the app goes into a "dead" mode. I can move between pages, but I no longer can touch the menu button. Just killing the app stops it. And of course no uploading of data is done.

Appreciate any help.

thaloun
Paddler

Re: Multiple issues with Ergdata not syncing anymore w PM5

Post by thaloun » September 25th, 2022, 11:47 am

Did you update to ios16 this week? It's a known issue apparently (check around on reddit), that will require an update to the PM firmware. I've taken the plunge and ordered a usb C to B cable...