App Crashed - Adding Workout Help

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
Macca
Paddler

App Crashed - Adding Workout Help

Post by Macca » September 15th, 2022, 4:15 am

Hi

The app crashed once I'd finished my workout this morning. As it was actually a decent effort I'd like to record it. I've added it manually with the verification code but, when clicking Rank, it just says it will delete the workout which I find strange.

When it occasionally crashes I just reconnect the phone and it reconnects to the workout which I did this morning - I guess, as this workout had just finished, it didn't do that and it's the only workout I've lost. I've checked the website and it's basically 'tough luck' from what I can see but is there any way to get this back to the phone as it also messes up linking in with a few apps I have (as IOS can add rowing but no distance).

A resync, where you can choose your workouts if you're worried about people downloading somebody else's, would be really useful and save people getting frustrated with this app. I made the mistake of updating the app this morning, it's normally quite solid, but loosing a workout is very frustrating.

M.

DurhamNick
Paddler

Re: App Crashed - Adding Workout Help

Post by DurhamNick » September 15th, 2022, 5:16 am

I had exactly the same issue last night, not the first time.

It's concerning being the start of the Fall Team Challenge.

Macca
Paddler

Post by Macca » September 15th, 2022, 5:43 am

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I should have left the app as was as it was working instead of updating.

It's more worrying if more people have these crashes, there has to be a fail safe to record last workout somehow or it should be being worked on at least.

Macca
Paddler

Post by Macca » September 15th, 2022, 3:05 pm

I can now recreate this.

iPhone 11 iOS 16
Latest ergdata

Setting any custom distance (I.e. 100m) and then completing that. A saving circle comes up and disappears about 30 seconds later. I can flick between the info screens but I can’t get to the menu in the top left corner (so I can’t disconnect). Pressed menu on the erg itself as suggested by Concept2 site. Makes no difference. I have to forcibly quit the app. Going back into the app shows no data.

Macca
Paddler

Post by Macca » September 15th, 2022, 3:18 pm

Yet more testing.

Restarting phone fixes it temporarily. Though before workout I did ensure the menus were accessible so it may have been that rather than a restart. More testing to do!

DurhamNick
Paddler

Post by DurhamNick » September 15th, 2022, 3:28 pm

I’ve just had the issue again, finished row then went to logbook, not recorded. Had to enter manually. This happened a couple of times a few weeks ago but update seemed to fix it. The fact it’s happening again is so annoying

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » September 15th, 2022, 4:47 pm

Write an email to info@concept2.com with details of what goes wrong and how you can create the error. Include your PM3/4/5 version, Ergdata version and IOS or Android version.

pastrylark
Paddler

Post by pastrylark » September 15th, 2022, 4:50 pm

This has been happening to me for a week too :cry:. I'm on iOS 16 and latest ergdata.

NOVAmag
Paddler

Post by NOVAmag » September 17th, 2022, 9:37 am

Macca wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 3:05 pm
I can now recreate this.

iPhone 11 iOS 16
Latest ergdata

Setting any custom distance (I.e. 100m) and then completing that. A saving circle comes up and disappears about 30 seconds later. I can flick between the info screens but I can’t get to the menu in the top left corner (so I can’t disconnect). Pressed menu on the erg itself as suggested by Concept2 site. Makes no difference. I have to forcibly quit the app. Going back into the app shows no data.
I'm having the exact same issue - ErgData works fine until you try to exit the workout but the menu button in the upper left corner simply doesn't respond. Scrolling left/right to see the different workout views works fine, as does changing the various data view options, you just can't save and exit and have to force-quit the app which results in nothing getting logged.

I'm on iPhone 12 with iOS 16 and the latest ErgData. Brand new BikeErg with the latest firmware. I may try a different device that hasn't been upgraded to iOS 16 yet to see if that makes a difference. I sent an email to "info".

Macca
Paddler

Post by Macca » September 18th, 2022, 10:28 am

Citroen wrote:
September 15th, 2022, 4:47 pm
Write an email to info@concept2.com with details of what goes wrong and how you can create the error. Include your PM3/4/5 version, Ergdata version and IOS or Android version.
I’ve done this. I’ll report back with any info.

NOVAmag
Paddler

Post by NOVAmag » September 24th, 2022, 9:44 am

I heard back from support and they confirmed there’s an issue with iOS 16 and the firmware on some monitors. They recommended I install the latest beta firmware, which I did. I then did a very short test with ErgData and it performed perfectly fine. Obviously it’s just one test so can’t say for sure that it’s totally resolved but definitely moving in the right direction.

ErgData was also updated between the times I tested, from 2.0.12 to 2.0.13, so that may have helped as well. I have to say I’m impressed with how quickly they’re addressing issues and releasing updates.