New ErgData issue

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
gcharvel
Paddler

New ErgData issue

Post by gcharvel » July 9th, 2022, 6:21 pm

I've tried two rows with the new app, both have been set for 5,000m rows...upon hitting the distance the PM5 freezes and produces a hard reset. The data is not recorded on either app or the PM5....can you please advise on what to do?

Tsnor
10k Poster

Re: New ErgData issue

Post by Tsnor » July 10th, 2022, 7:09 pm

gcharvel wrote:
July 9th, 2022, 6:21 pm
I've tried two rows with the new app, both have been set for 5,000m rows...upon hitting the distance the PM5 freezes and produces a hard reset. The data is not recorded on either app or the PM5....can you please advise on what to do?
Maybe confirm you are at the latest PM5 firmware. If not, get on latest version and see if problem recurs. https://www.concept2.com/service/monitors/pm5/firmware Needs a windows system and a usb printer cable.

If you hit the problem again on the latest firmware then a Note to concept2 with details will give them a chance to debug. email: info@concept2.com

your pm5 HW version,
PM5 software version,
ergdata version,
ergdata device info example "pixel 4a 5g" and android version,
how you connect PM5 to ergdata (wire/bluetooth)
etc

Hangar18
Paddler

Post by Hangar18 » July 10th, 2022, 11:27 pm

I got the exact same issue! It works if I do “just row” but any set distance causes some hard error screen crash. It’s not the firmware - mine is up to date. It’s the stupid app change which wasn’t needed. Was perfectly happy with the old one.

sailortodd
Paddler

Post by sailortodd » July 11th, 2022, 10:02 am

gcharvel wrote:
For those rowing sessions, did you use the app to program the distance or did you use the PM5? I'm wondering if it makes a difference how/where the row is programmed. I haven't used the new app myself yet, and now I'm reluctant to try...

Joebasscat
2k Poster

Post by Joebasscat » July 11th, 2022, 10:41 am

sailortodd wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 10:02 am
gcharvel wrote:
For those rowing sessions, did you use the app to program the distance or did you use the PM5? I'm wondering if it makes a difference how/where the row is programmed. I haven't used the new app myself yet, and now I'm reluctant to try...
I’ve used the app to set workouts both time and distance. No issue. I’m quickly becoming a fan of the new version.
65 5’-11” 72.5 kg

Hangar18
Paddler

Post by Hangar18 » July 11th, 2022, 6:20 pm

sailortodd wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 10:02 am
gcharvel wrote:
I tried doing it both ways. Same issue I’m afraid. I wish they’d beta test these things beforehand or at least not auto update. I want to go back to the old version but don’t know how to.

gvcormac
6k Poster

Post by gvcormac » July 11th, 2022, 6:37 pm

Hangar18 wrote:
July 10th, 2022, 11:27 pm
I got the exact same issue! It works if I do “just row” but any set distance causes some hard error screen crash. It’s not the firmware - mine is up to date. It’s the stupid app change which wasn’t needed. Was perfectly happy with the old one.
You can still get the old one. Check out "ergdata for PM3" ...

Elizabeth
2k Poster

Post by Elizabeth » July 11th, 2022, 9:35 pm

I've had a couple of hiccups as well (one lost "Just Row" piece, one lost 500m). Both were still saved in the PM5 so it's a different issue. I'd really recommend reaching out to info@concept2.com. They've been helpful with trying to diagnose what's going on, plus if there are bugs, specifics really help to identify what they are.
IG: eltgilmore

Garry
Paddler

Post by Garry » July 11th, 2022, 11:43 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 9:35 pm
I've had a couple of hiccups as well (one lost "Just Row" piece, one lost 500m). Both were still saved in the PM5 so it's a different issue. I'd really recommend reaching out to info@concept2.com. They've been helpful with trying to diagnose what's going on, plus if there are bugs, specifics really help to identify what they are.
Exactly the sme problem as me. I had to connect my laptop to my PM5 monitor and then upload the the missing workouts.

JaapvanE
10k Poster

Post by JaapvanE » July 12th, 2022, 1:03 am

Hangar18 wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 6:20 pm
I wish they’d beta test these things beforehand or at least not auto update. I want to go back to the old version but don’t know how to.
They did betatest, there even was a call for betatesters on the forum here (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=205375). I participated but did not encounter these issues you describe.

You can go back: the old version is still in the store as it is the only one working for PM3 and PM4.

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » July 12th, 2022, 2:06 am

I have 3 devices running this and so far 2 of them have auto updated. It's not going to be great if it has issues.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

RDL
500m Poster

Post by RDL » July 12th, 2022, 6:23 am

Not sure if similar issue but I have issue when using my iPad (Pro 2021 latest os) vs using my iPhone (11 Pro latest os).

When I complete a session on the iPad it saves but locks on the dimmed screen with the progress circle spinning and the only way out of that is to force close (swipe away) the app.

The workout does sync and save however or at least so far anyway.

Ending the workout either via the app or pressing the menu button on the pm5 results in the same scenario.

Using my iPhone doesn’t exhibit this issue but I prefer to use the larger screen on my iPad.

My partner also has no issue using her iPhone (11 Pro latest os).

I’ll email support but thought I’d add my experience here.